"NFL Films Presents" - looking for Seahawks fans

TRUMPFF

Reaction score
My name is Tim Rumpff and I'm a Producer with NFL Films. I'm currently working on a piece for our show "NFL Films Presents" that's titled "Letters From Emerald City." Essentially, this piece will feature a handful of Seahawks fans who found writing to be therapeutic in the grieving process after the Super Bowl. I came up with this idea after coming across the numerous fan written articles that the Seattle Times published in their Take 2 section in February. What made me want to produce it, was when Pete Carroll tweeted the picture of all the supportive letters he also received. I thought it was interesting that fans wrote letters to help themselves... but then also wanted to write them to Carroll thinking it would help him as well.

I've already begun interviews with fans who got published in The Seattle Times and am now looking for fans who wrote letters to Carroll. If you, or anyone you know, wrote a letter to Carroll following the Super Bowl, I'd love to hear from you. If you're interested, you can send a copy of your letter, along with any other information you'd like, to [email protected]

Interviews would be held in downtown Seattle, so local would be preferred. Also, since "writing as therapy" is the focus of the piece, I'd be interested to hear about any other past life events where writing helped cope with a difficult time in your life, whether that be a breakup, major life change, or a loss of a loved one.

Thanks for your help! I look forward to hearing from you guys. Hopefully I do the 12th man proud with this piece.

-Tim Rumpff
Associate Producer, NFL Films
[email protected]

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Good luck with this endeavor. Welcome to .NET. :2:

drdiags

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. I would imagine Todd would be all over this. He loves the creative writing angle and has always been able to capture the feelings of the 12th man. I hope he sees this offer.

And welcome to .NET!

BTW, looking forward to the piece if/when it gets produced. NFL Films does quality work.

kearly

Reaction score
Always love NFL Films. I'm flattered that you guys are doing a video on the 12s. Can't wait to see it.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Welcome to .net.
Not sure you will find what you're looking for here but I assure you, you won't find a better bunch of 12s, any other place.
GoHawks

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I once wrote a letter to Penthouse does that count?

rideaducati

Reaction score
You could do a search on posts after the Super Bowl and probably find something written that was profound.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":395ferl7 said:
You could do a search on posts after the Super Bowl and probably find something written that was profound.

All I could bring myself to write was, 'Fire Bevell. Now."

DericLee

Reaction score
What got me over last years game(the first Superbowl I ever attended in person btw), was 48.

I waited 30 years for that first ring, everything else is just icing on the cake.

Sac

Reaction score
I didn't write Carroll a letter, but I did send Bevell a tweet....I can't share that tweet on .NET though. Community standards and whatnot.

Latest posts