Thoughts about Trader Bob

LTH

Reaction score
I was just wondering at this point in time what fans think about Bob Whitsitt?

I personally think he did a lot for the Seahawks getting the stadium build but because of his ego he is in the top 10 for most hated Seahawk...

Your thoughts?

LTH

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
He's a sticky D-nozzle. I hope Pete got new furniture in his office when he came into the organization because I am sure the things that Whitsitt and Ferguson did on the couch in there was unspeakable.

chris98251

Reaction score
Allen got the Stadium Built, not dimwhitsitt. He never saw a slow footed Center that could not jump he didn't like.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Lets face it he did bring in Holmgren.... I have my own reasons of why I think Bob is a twit... I just want to know why you guys think he is a twit... do you remember the seiries of articles that Les Carpenter wrote about the feud between Holmy and Bob? just wondering after years past if everybody still feels the same way?

LTH

drrew

Reaction score
Whitsitt's biggest problem was that he didn't have any talent for personnel in basketball or football, but he didn't seem to realize it.

He probably could have been fine if he just stuck to just the business side of things, but player acquisition and roster management is more fun, he just sucked at it.

SirTed

Reaction score
Trader Bob brought Detlef to the Supes for Derrick McKey and Gerald Paddio....Just sayin.

And drafted The Reign Man, NBD.

drrew

Reaction score
SirTed":2y8wnuko said:
Trader Bob brought Detlef to the Supes for Derrick McKey and Gerald Paddio....Just sayin.

He also traded Scottie Pippen for Olden Polynice.

rideaducati

Reaction score
LTH":21qf1gx0 said:
Lets face it he did bring in Holmgren.... I have my own reasons of why I think Bob is a twit... I just want to know why you guys think he is a twit... do you remember the seiries of articles that Les Carpenter wrote about the feud between Holmy and Bob? just wondering after years past if everybody still feels the same way?

LTH

Holmgren is the most overrated head coach of all time. He didn't even care about the defensive side of the ball and wasn't smart enough to know that he needed a good defense to win it all. I think he lucked into having a few good defenses throughout his many years of coaching and still couldn't figure it out after winning it all with a good D.

Edit... I take it back, he is the second most overrated head coach. Jeff Fisher come in first as most overrated head coach ever.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
drrew":3o1i428z said:
SirTed":3o1i428z said:

LMAO. Funny you brought this up. Was just reading about the 87 draft and saw that. I was very perplexed to say the least.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
My thoughts on Whitsett's time with the Seahawks was that he was a good Basketball GM.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
drrew":14ndthon said:
SirTed":14ndthon said:

This is interesting. I think you could make the argument that Scottie Pippen is one of the most overrated players in the history of the NBA. Bob may have been in a lose lose situation there. Just my opinion

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Twhitwitt was in over his head, had very little talent for scouting football players (see the 2004 draft class), and created a lot of instability. He was the Trent Baalke of his time.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Whitsitt wasn't great but he is far from making the worst errors in the Supersonics and Seahawk history. That goes to Wally Walker and Tim Ruskell respectively. Anyone care to guess what those mistakes are? Walker traded Shawn Kemp for Vin Baker. Then proceeded to dismantle a NBA finals contender. Ruskell left Hutchinson unprotected by being cute and using a transition tag rather than the franchise tag....what happened next was the Seahawks started their steady decline.