This morning's links to 710 ADDED Clayton-Zimmer-Kubiak

ivotuk

Reaction score
John Clayton discusses the latest on Russell Wilson's contract talks, including whether either his side or the Seahawks are feeling pressure from a closing window. Other topics include Bobby Wagner's own talks with Seattle and Kevin Williams signing with the Saints.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... rd%20Facts

John Clayton joins "Bob, Groz and Tom" and talks about how much the Seahawks are hurt by next week's penalty-shortened one-day minicamp.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 0and%20Tom

John Clayton discusses where nose tackle Brandon Mebane stands with the Seahawks after speculation earlier this offseason that he could be a salary-cap casualty. Clayton also weighs in on a pair of backup quarterback signings: Tarvaris Jackson returning to Seattle and Matt Flynn joining the Patriots.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... rd%20Facts

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
John Clayton talks to Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer on their off season having Adrian Peterson back.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 034&n=John Clayton Show

John talks to Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak on their off season and handling Peyton Manning

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shorter versions, Kubiak only interview and Zimmer interview:

Broncos HC coach Gary Kubiak talks with Clayton about his star QB Peyton Manning.

Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer joins The John Clayton Show and speaks to the upcoming season and the return of Adrian Peterson.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
“We have really good body control and foot work,” Graham said on John Clayton’s 710 ESPN Seattle radio show. “When the ball’s in the air, it doesn’t matter where it is, we can adjust to it. And now when you come down, you don’t have to worry about a hardwood floor. You have some nice grass to land on.

“A lot of the guys who transitioned from basketball to football were undersized big men, for the most part,’’ Graham said. “You get used to going against guys who are 6-11 or taller. You either have to be real strong or real tough or both.”

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Op would be nice if u broke down what they said for us. Cause tbh I'm getting tired of seeing your posts all the time without a breakdown. Some people are at work and they can't listen to it...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I appreciate the links, and each one comes with a description.

Clayton says he is not worried at all about the Wilson contract talks. He doesn't think they will go much higher than $21.8 million per year. But whether they get a deal done or not, Seahawks can always franchise him, and they would have the right to match any offer under the non-exclusive tag. He's confident Wilson will remain a Seahawk regardless.

He thinks the Seahawks would go 8-8 or 9-7 with Tarvaris Jackson at the helm, saying he lacks Russell's ability to make game-winning comebacks. That sounds like a pretty reasonable guess, though TJ did have three successful 4th quarter comebacks for the Vikings in 2007 and 2008. Clayton calls Tarvaris a Top 7 backup QB.

Clayton emphasized again that he is confident the Seahawks would use the non-exclusive franchise tag on Wilson, matching any offer sheet he gets.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3vbgks09 said:

Clayton says he is not worried at all about the Wilson contract talks. He doesn't think they will go much higher than $21.8 million per year. But whether they get a deal done or not, Seahawks can always franchise him, and they would have the right to match any offer under the non-exclusive tag. He's confident Wilson will remain a Seahawk regardless.

He thinks the Seahawks would go 8-8 or 9-7 with Tarvaris Jackson at the helm, saying he lacks Russell's ability to make game-winning comebacks. That sounds like a pretty reasonable guess, though TJ did have three successful 4th quarter comebacks for us in 2007 and 2008. Clayton calls Tarvaris a Top 7 backup QB.

Clayton emphasized again that he is confident the Seahawks would use the non-exclusive franchise tag on Wilson, matching any offer sheet he gets.

Ahh TJ had no 4th qtr comeback for the hawks he has 3 for Minny though

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... r=JackTa00

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Anthony!":396pfh2n said:
hawknation2015":396pfh2n said:

He thinks the Seahawks would go 8-8 or 9-7 with Tarvaris Jackson at the helm, saying he lacks Russell's ability to make game-winning comebacks. That sounds like a pretty reasonable guess, though TJ did have three successful 4th quarter comebacks for the Vikings in 2007 and 2008. Clayton calls Tarvaris a Top 7 backup QB.

Ahh TJ had no 4th qtr comeback for the hawks he has 3 for Minny though

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... r=JackTa00

My bad . . . that also shows he had four game-winning drives with the Vikings.

The stats he had for us in 2011 were not all that bad (60% completions, 3,091 yards passing, throwing 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions), considering he was playing hurt most of the year with a pectoral tear. His career QB rating is nearly the same as Sam Bradford's.

Rob12

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1rpus9f2 said:
Op would be nice if u broke down what they said for us. Cause tbh I'm getting tired of seeing your posts all the time without a breakdown. Some people are at work and they can't listen to it...

710 ESPN has a free app and provides ALL shows on demand for free.

I'm getting tired of people being entitled. Nothing at all wrong with him giving a heads up on some Hawk talk.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":18xwlihr said:

This post is yet another bit of negative nonsense.

I wonder if the poster wants a transcript of the 710 interviews, doesn't care to know the links, or is just full of self entitlement so someone else should do more for him?

To me, he has the links, so I don't get his grumble. The choice is his, he can listen or not, but the complaint is really unjustified. :roll:

I appreciate the information and say thanks, I like these threads they are informative and useful.

McGruff

Reaction score
dopeboy206":22ijkjvw said:

:17:

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2r9y0c86 said:

I'm sorry you're tired. Believe it or not, I also have a job, and they would probably fire me if they found me spending their resources downloading, listening to, and transcribing sports radio.

As a matter of fact, most people on here have jobs. Shocking I'm sure, but you're not the only one with a job. :141847_bnono:

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Don't look now, but here are more links, sans the breakdowns. :shock:

Need to know: Hawks mini camp starts today with the number 1 ranked NFL roster. Seager and Walker power the Mariners to a 6-1 win in San Fransisco because they were able to swing the bat. If they keep this up, it could restore some faith in the ailing franchise. And, the Blackhawks. The Chicago NHL Team took home the Stanley Cup last night with their game 6 2-0 victory. John Clayton joins the show. The professor talks his NFL roster rankings and rallying for a John Schneider GM of the year award. Brock talks likelihood of Lynch, Irvin, and Bennett showing at mini camp and isn't exactly optimistic. Plus, why have the Mariners struggled to develop hitters? Crud players who've recently left the ball club are having great seasons elsewhere.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 07&n=Brock and Salk

Renowned sportscaster Joe Buck joins the show to talk his first gig calling the U.S. Open. Does Joe Buck have to change his voice for golf? Buck also talks calling last year's NFC championship game and the gang recounts the memorable final moments. Are you a casual sports fan watching the U.S. Open simply because it's in your backyard? Salk's got the perfect player for you to root for.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 07&n=Brock and Salk

The Professor, John Clayton, joins to show to talk everything NFL. And, we prep for the US Open during "Get on the Green" with Jim Moore. Then, the guys end the hour with "Sweeping the Dial".

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 13&n=Danny, Dave and Moore

byau

Reaction score
ivotuk":1whx8x6o said:
dopeboy206":1whx8x6o said:

I'm sorry you're tired. Believe it or not, I also have a job, and they would probably fire me if they found me spending their resources downloading, listening to, and transcribing sports radio.

As a matter of fact, most people on here have jobs. Shocking I'm sure, but you're not the only one with a job. :141847_bnono:

You're right ..that is shocking.... :34853_doh:

p.s and seriously .. thanks ivotuk for the links, I love link posters here because I often get stuff that I'd miss. +++ on the 710 Sports App so while I don't use the specific radio show links here, I still get a heads up on what is waiting for me when I get to the 710 Sports App so +++ to the radio show link posters for that!

netskier

Reaction score
I just wish that the producers of these shows would tell us where the football info is. I don't have the patience to listen thru the golf and baseball info to get to the football info. In other words, these shows need tables of contents. Books have them, so why not radio shows? Answer is lazy producers.

This is not the responsibility of posters here, possibly excepting dopeboy at work.

Just kidding.

byau

Reaction score
netskier":3qxnp5bg said:
I just wish that the producers of these shows would tell us where the football info is. I don't have the patience to listen thru the golf and baseball info to get to the football info. In other words, these shows need tables of contents. Books have them, so why not radio shows? Answer is lazy producers.

This is not the responsibility of posters here, possibly excepting dopeboy at work.

Just kidding.

The 710 sports app for smartphone helps out with that. They have "Recommended" section which include only the audio of specific portions of a show such as interviews, Cold Hard Facts (which is usually football related), Blue 42 (also football related usually)

There is also a "Clips" section which is basically an archive of various segments of various shows, including "Blue 42", "Cold Hard Facts".. etc