Non Star player you're most excited to watch in camp/the seaso

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hill, he was down right dominant during his run (when bane went down until hill got hurt) If he can stay healthy he gives this defense a dynamic pass rusher at the DT spot! Which will make Avril and Bennett that much better.

Matthews, Oh what a tease that superbowl was. Can he force his way onto the field? Cause he's a giant and will make nice bookends with Graham. especially in the RZ

kidhawk

Reaction score
He's not a star yet, but I think he will be, and that is Tyler Lockett. I was disappointed with our return game last year, but am seriously excited to see what he can bring to the table there.

I'm also interested to see what Jordan Hill can do. He has had some really great flashes when he's gotten the chance. If he can stay healthy, I believe he can do some really great things.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hill and Matthews immediately came to my mind. All the talk about Bennett, Irvin, Graham and Wilson has taken the focus off of Matthews. I'd love to hear some reports on how he's looking in OTA's and where he's fitting on the Depth Chart. Wilson raved about Lockett, but not a word about Matthews.

Outside of those two I want to keep an eye on Kevin Pierre-Louis. He was my favorite rookie pick last year, played well when he had the chance, and figures as a starter in 2016. He's an important piece of the puzzle.

jblaze

Reaction score
I want to see KPL come in and do well. He'll fill the Malcolm Smith role this year and probably will take over Irvin's role next year. Big opportunities for him!

Other notables:

Offense: Norwood, Lockett
DL: Marsh
CB: Tye Smith (may take him a year tho)
S: Shead

McGruff

Reaction score
Good calls on Marsh and Shead. Marsh especially is going to get serious looks in the Bennett role. Would love to replace Bennett's mouth.

Uberman

Reaction score
Kristjan Sokoli without question. I'm just intrigued to see what kind of growth is capable of. I am also just dying to see if Cable is capable of creating another firebreathing meat eater like Sweezy!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hill and Marsh really stand out to me, as far as who I'm really looking forward to seeing contribute.
As far as the new guys go, Lockett for sure.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett, KPL, and Mark Glowinski are the most exciting up and comers for me.

But I'm the most anxious to see Carry Williams -- even though he has started and played a lot in his career, he is basically like a rookie because he has not developed yet in this system. His techniques, patience, vision, and athleticism all need to improve over the next couple months.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":pf6kpbl7 said:
He's not a star yet, but I think he will be, and that is Tyler Lockett. I was disappointed with our return game last year, but am seriously excited to see what he can bring to the table there.

I'm also interested to see what Jordan Hill can do. He has had some really great flashes when he's gotten the chance. If he can stay healthy, I believe he can do some really great things.
Two for two. Also I am interested in the battle for the center and to see what Clark can do. Also I would love to see Matthews show he wasn't a Malcolm Smith and for Norwood to finally have a chance from the start of the offseason right through the season. Especially since my favorite PRich isn't likely to be back in any significant way this season.

I want to see what Marsh can actually do healthy, and the defensive guy Cable is "Sweezy-ing", Sokoli?.;)

drrew

Reaction score
Cassius Marsh for me too.

A Bennett, Hill, Marsh rotation at DT on passing downs could be deadly.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Does Rubin count?

If not I'm excited for what Dobbs and Tukuafu bring to the table. Last year, they were mid-season free agent band-aids that had to learn and gel on the fly and did pretty well all things considering.

They now get a full off-season and training camp with the team.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Also, Lemuel Jeanpierre and Patrick Lewis.

Both have a great opportunity to compete and earn a starting job. If one of them owns it and does well, they'll be able to turn that opportunity into a multiyear contract.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
MARSH! Also Hill. Gahhh... I can't choose just one!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm keen to find out if Matthews in the Superbowl was a fluke or not. If it turns out he's legit...

Hawks46

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3nkwrt8y said:
kidhawk":3nkwrt8y said:

Two for two. Also I am interested in the battle for the center and to see what Clark can do. Also I would love to see Matthews show he wasn't a Malcolm Smith and for Norwood to finally have a chance from the start of the offseason right through the season. Especially since my favorite PRich isn't likely to be back in any significant way this season.

I want to see what Marsh can actually do healthy, and the defensive guy Cable is "Sweezy-ing", Sokoli?.;)

Yea, we're all like minded here.

On defense, I am curious as to if Hill can progress and stay healthy.

I'm curious to see what Marsh can do with some experience in the system and against NFL competition under his belt.

Mizzou took my big one, which is Frank Clark. It would be freaking awesome if Clark came on like gangbusters and we traded Bennett next year to the Raiders or something.

On offense:

I'm dying to see what Lockett can do. Supposedly, he's our best route runner already and a dynamic returner.

Matthews is also a good one. Can he build off of a very good SB performance and use it to gain confidence? It also helps to be in the coaches' eye.

Secondary depth in general. We need it.