P-RICH At OTA?

sutz

Reaction score
He's not 'back' back yet, I'm sure. But if he's out there and moving around that's a good thing. Nice to see him interacting with his team mates even if he's not full on practicing yet.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Carroll said both Richardson and Lane are recovering well from their knee surgeries and should be ready to participate by training camp. Richardson tore his ACL in the divisional round of the playoffs -- about 4 1/2 months ago.

Good to see Richardson on his feet, even if it is just to take in the practice from the sidelines. Still think it would be wise to PUP him to give him more time to fully recover at the start of the season.

CGNSh1yUoAAfw2c

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1c56h0c3 said:
Carroll said both Richardson and Lane are recovering well from their knee surgeries and should be ready to participate by training camp. Richardson tore his ACL in the divisional round of the playoffs -- about 4 1/2 months ago.

Good to see Richardson on his feet, even if it is just to take in the practice from the sidelines. Still think it would be wise to PUP him to give him more time to fully recover at the start of the season.

CGNSh1yUoAAfw2c

Paul just doesn't want Pete to forget him with all of the new folk trying out for his position.

sutz

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2icj7b7r said:
Paul just doesn't want Pete to forget him with all of the new folk trying out for his position.

That's pretty much always true on a Pete Carroll team, it seems. :)

But if Paul can come back with some of the skills he was starting to show in the playoffs last year, I would hazard a guess that he's a lock. The team seems to have no problem with players taking some time to develop after drafting them. They seldom have to make an immediate impact for the team to succeed. I like that.

ringless

Reaction score
4 Months removed one would have to assume he is at very best.... At least 5-6 months out.. realistically Still 6-8 months out....

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
The fact that he's out at practice with a jersey and shorts on means essentially nothing physically. He likely lost some muscle mass (which could contribute to the legs looking extra skinny) but you'd expect all of that to have come back by now with the medical care that he's receiving. If either of those two guys avoid the PUP to start the season it's an unexpected bonus. Don't hold your breath though.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
ringless":25kyodsm said:
4 Months removed one would have to assume he is at very best.... At least 5-6 months out.. realistically Still 6-8 months out....

WARNING HATER ALERT

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
northseahawk":2zabrz6w said:
My gosh, those skinny legs!! How is he going to survive in this league?

I don't think he will. This injury is just a portent of things to come.

ringless

Reaction score
titan3131":32levq7q said:
ringless":32levq7q said:

WARNING HATER ALERT

Yes thats exactly what I'm doing. You got me :oops:

Question for you... How many times have you seen Pete Caroll make an optimistic statement about an injury timeframe just to see it be extended quite beyond that....

Its not about "Hating" it's about what I have seen from my own experience.... Unless you can refresh my memory of players who have came back to play Football un under 6 months of recovery after an ACL tear.... I feel no different about Palmer, except that he might be 2-3 months deeper in his rehab... So now am I hater of Palmer and the Cardinals too?

Not to mention I've actually grown to like the Seahawks...

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
ringless":2slgtuza said:
titan3131":2slgtuza said:
ringless":2slgtuza said:

WARNING HATER ALERT

Question for you... How many times have you seen Pete Caroll make an optimistic statement about an injury timeframe just to see it be extended quite beyond that....

Its not about "Hating" it's about what I have seen from my own experience.... Unless you can refresh my memory of players who have came back to play Football un under 6 months of recovery after an ACL tear.... I feel no different about Palmer, except that he might be 2-3 months deeper in his rehab... So now am I hater of Palmer and the Cardinals too?

chris clemons, he went down Jan 6th came back to play On September 20, 2013 the Seahawks announced Clemons will play for his season debut in Week 3 against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I dont see how realistically still 6-8 months out

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
titan3131":3i2x8zqp said:
ringless":3i2x8zqp said:
titan3131":3i2x8zqp said:
ringless":3i2x8zqp said:

WARNING HATER ALERT

chris clemons, he went down Jan 6th came back to play On September 20, 2013 the Seahawks announced Clemons will play for his season debut in Week 3 against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I dont see how realistically still 6-8 months out

That time frame is over nine months so I don't see how he is wrong. It's just an estimation. 6-8 isn't beyond reason I think.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd still be very surprised to see him play in 2015. He's got a ways to go before he's 100% (if thats even an obtainable number at this point since this is his 2nd ACL injury on that knee)

mikeak

Reaction score
The recovery will take the time it does BUT

I love the attitude. He is there, he is uniform to show that he is mentally there and participating even if it is mental participation.

This is as far from Percy as you can get.

sutz

Reaction score
mikeak":2l99eowf said:
The recovery will take the time it does BUT

I love the attitude. He is there, he is uniform to show that he is mentally there and participating even if it is mental participation.

This is as far from Percy as you can get.
:13: Yeah, what he said. :mrgreen:

Overseasfan

Reaction score
He was actually participating in the OTAs yesterday. He was only catching some punts but at least it's a sign he's on his way back. It would honestly surprise me if he wouldn't be able to play at the start of the regular season.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
northseahawk":1mjwd3nn said:
My gosh, those skinny legs!! How is he going to survive in this league?

No doubt!
I have a pair of his game used pants............. and when I got them I wasn't sure they were his.
Size TWENTY SIX waist. WHAT??
They looked like little kid pants.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1lc4beko said:
I'd still be very surprised to see him play in 2015. He's got a ways to go before he's 100% (if thats even an obtainable number at this point since this is his 2nd ACL injury on that knee)
Honest question, how do you know he's got a ways to go? I haven't seen any mention of him being behind or a timeline for him to be ready. Unless I missed it.

I still lean PUP and we get him back for the second half of the season and the playoffs