All NFC West Team

DJrmb

Reaction score
PFF released they're All NFC West Team in January. I'm wondering what .net thinks. Who are the best players, at each position, in the NFC West? Here is what PFF came up with:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/22/2014-pff-all-nfc-west-team/
OFFENSE

Quarterback: Russell Wilson (SEA)
Running Back: Marshawn Lynch (SEA)
Fullback: Bruce Miller (SF)
Wide Receivers: Anquan Boldin (SF), Larry Fitzgerald (ARZ), Doug Baldwin (SEA)
Tight End: Jared Cook (STL)
Tackles: Joe Staley (LT, SF), Jared Veldheer (LT, ARZ)
Guards: Mike Iupati (LG, SF), Alex Boone (RG, SF)
Center: Max Unger (SEA)

DEFENSE

Edge defenders: Michael Bennett (SEA), Robert Quinn (STL)
Defensive Interior – Ends: Aaron Donald (STL), Calais Campbell (ARZ)
Defensive Interior – Nose: Dan Williams (ARZ)
Linebackers: Bobby Wagner (SEA), Chris Borland (SF)
Cornerbacks: Richard Sherman (SEA), Chris Culliver (SF), E.J. Gaines (STL)
Safeties: Earl Thomas (SEA), Antoine Bethea (SF)

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker: Chandler Catanzaro (ARZ)
Punter: Johnny Hekker (STL)
Returner: Bruce Ellington (SF)
Special Teamer: Justin Bethel (ARZ)

There are some obvious changes to this right off the bat because of trades, retirements, and free agency:

1st - Jimmy Graham I'm sure jumps up as the consensus top TE in the NFC West
2nd - No more Unger.
3rd - Chris Borland retired from football

What does your list look like with the current projected rosters? If you need roster info: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Chancellor >>>>>> Bethea

Legatron or Haush$$ > AZ kicker

And isn't Ellington a meh returner? Speaks volumes about the return game for the NFCW teams unfortunately.

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
My list would look something like this:

OFFENSE

Quarterback: Russell Wilson (SEA)
Running Back: Marshawn Lynch (SEA)
Fullback: Bruce Miller (SF)
Wide Receivers: Anquan Boldin (SF), Larry Fitzgerald (ARZ), Doug Baldwin (SEA)
Tight End: Jimmy Graham (SEA)
Tackles: Joe Staley (LT, SF), Jared Veldheer (LT, ARZ)
Guards: Mike Iupati (LG, ARZ), JR Sweezy (RG, SEA)
Center: ???

DEFENSE

Edge defenders: Michael Bennett (SEA), Robert Quinn (STL)
Defensive Interior – Ends: Aaron Donald (STL), Calais Campbell (ARZ)
Defensive Interior – Nose: Dan Williams (ARZ)
Linebackers: Bobby Wagner (SEA), NaVorro Bowman (SF)
Cornerbacks: Richard Sherman (SEA), E.J. Gaines (STL), Patrick Peterson (ARZ)
Safeties: Earl Thomas (SEA), Kam Chancellor (SEA)

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker: Steven Hauschka (SEA)
Punter: Johnny Hekker (STL)
Returner: Reggie Bush (SF)
Special Teamer: Justin Bethel (ARZ)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Real question is after someone composes an All-NFC West 53 man roster is if the NFC West roster can beat any other All Division rosters in the NFL.

Of course it should be cap restricted.

Every Division could make an awesome team, even the weakest Division like the AFC South could make a tough team if you just combined Colts and Texans alone.

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":ov800g8s said:
LOL, that article is a year and a half old.

Oh really? I guess they should change the date then at the top of the article...
Rick Drummond | January 22, 2015

Or maybe you just missed that because you were too busy not contributing anything intelligent.

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":29xe3njv said:
Real question is after someone composes an All-NFC West 53 man roster is if the NFC West roster can beat any other All Division rosters in the NFL.

Of course it should be cap restricted.

Every Division could make an awesome team, even the weakest Division like the AFC South could make a tough team if you just combined Colts and Texans alone.

Yeah, that would be pretty fun to see. It would take A TON of work though, looking up grades, gathering data on each player and finding out salaries etc.

With the decimation of the 49ers this off-season, and the continued leaching of the Seahawks depth, I wonder if another division beats the NFC West out?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
DJrmb":3vb34hhj said:
SacHawk2.0":3vb34hhj said:

Oh really? I guess they should change the date then at the top of the article...

Or maybe you just missed that because you were too busy not contributing anything intelligent.

Hey, you also made a mistake in thinking of the list as a future projection for the 2015 season, when in reality it was only for production during the 2014 season.

Kam Chancellor, for example, would probably top PFF's list at SS if this was for the 2015 season. Due to injuries, he lost opportunities to add to his grade in 2014.

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
hawknation2015":27o5qtu1 said:
DJrmb":27o5qtu1 said:
SacHawk2.0":27o5qtu1 said:

Hey, you also made a mistake in thinking of the list as a future projection for the 2015 season, when it reality it was only for production during the 2014 season.

It's a starting reference point for people to talk about and give their opinions on how things will look for the 2015 season. How is that a mistake?

It's the off-season, I posted a topic I thought was kind of fun (more fun than beating the dead horse that is RW's contract). No one forced you or anyone else to post in it...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
DJrmb":h2uy9upu said:
hawknation2015":h2uy9upu said:
DJrmb":h2uy9upu said:
SacHawk2.0":h2uy9upu said:

Hey, you also made a mistake in thinking of the list as a future projection for the 2015 season, when it reality it was only for production during the 2014 season.

It's a starting reference point for people to talk about and give their opinions on how things will look for the 2015 season. How is that a mistake?

It's the off-season, I posted a topic I thought was kind of fun (more fun than beating the dead horse that is RW's contract). No one forced you or anyone else to post in it...

That's fine. I just wanted to clarify that this list is not really about "who are the best players, at each position, in the NFC West?", which is how you identified it. It's solely about which players were the most productive during the 2014 regular season, which is a much narrower question.

If we are talking about the best players now, then certainly Kam Chancellor, Brandon Mebane, Jimmy Graham, and possibly Cliff Avril would all make such a list. NT Dan Williams, whom you have listed, now plays for the Raiders.

Kick returner is interesting. They say Bryan Walters was tied with Bruce Ellington for highest return grade during the 2014 regular season. That shows how poor the division was in returning. Maybe Tyler Lockett has a chance here in 2015.

Sac

Reaction score
I looked at the link on my phone, all I saw was the 1/22/2014 date in the link. That's my bad.

I figured it made sense though because they had Cook at TE instead of Graham, which is ridiculous.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
LMAO @ no Kam. Seattle has the best safety tandem in the NFL, let alone the NFC West.