Jesse Williams Diagnosed With Cancer

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just saw that on twitter. Kid just can't catch a break. Hope the surgery is successful.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Treatment prognosis seems very good if they caught it early. Any Doctors on .net?

sutz

Reaction score
Damn, sad news indeed. Good luck, Jesse! Above all else, take care or your health.

We fans are pulling for you kid!

Jville

Reaction score
"Papillary Type 2 cancer ..... poorer prognosis than type 1; typically presents at higher stage"

Jesse is a fighter. He'll overcome this setback.

Link to pathology information for those that want to look >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/kidneytumormalignantrccpap.html#solid[/urltargetblank]

jkitsune

Reaction score
Basis4day":3bff5nb6 said:
Treatment prognosis seems very good if they caught it early. Any Doctors on .net?

Assuming they're removing the entire kidney, or a substantial portion of the kidney, treatment prognosis is usually very good. Renal papillomas aren't generally fatal when caught early. That said, it's always scary to have a cancer removed, and these sorts of prognoses are just percentages. There's always best-case and worst-case scenarios.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Glad he's under contract. His bills should be covered by the most benevolent organization in sports.

Maybe this will limit players from complaining how tough they have it. Personally, I have no sympathy when I hear a player complain about dealing with injuries.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Man this is crazy never know about a guy that finally reached a certain goal in life to only be side-blocked each year due to something he can't control. I feel for the kid at least he knows what he has to do and is being strong about it.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
ivotuk":3lpnh7tq said:
Glad he's under contract. His bills should be covered by the most benevolent organization in sports.

Maybe this will limit players from complaining how tough they have it. Personally, I have no sympathy when I hear a player complain about dealing with injuries.

Where's Bennett and Irvin now? Lol

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
God Bless Jesse. Here's hoping we see you on the field again sometime soon. But if that's not in the cards, here's hoping that you live a long and healthy life off of the field!

netskier

Reaction score
LOL? That seems mean-spirited to make a joke like that at a time like this.

It is hard to learn that a friend has cancer.

I would not wish that on anyone, even an uppity lineman.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Poor guy.. hope he fully recovers and lives a long and happy life. I don't think football is in his near or distant future.