Kearse signs RFA tender

massari

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":38j4zurd said:
This should get interesting

Well they haven't had the best track record making decisions when it comes to WR's. :stirthepot: . Hopefully that changes this season.

kearly

Reaction score
original poster":229yugln said:
Tech Worlds":229yugln said:
Great. Now he can drop more passes for us.

And win us games.

Maybe he'll get a game winning drop? Russell Wilson once threw a game winning interception. And Green Bay is on the schedule.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":3fzzuf9n said:
Hawkfan77":3fzzuf9n said:

how do you figure?
Kearse has quickly become the .NET whipping boy. I imagine more than a few people won't be happy to see this. But I think we are better with him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've beat on Kearse as much as anyone. This is good news, some familiarity until Lockett beats him out in week 6.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":37fdido8 said:

Yep, another "I hate'em" / "I love'em" thread.
Sometimes I love him, sometimes I hate him but I'm glad he'll be here. Hope he makes us love him more than we hate him.
:{)

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Kearse is not a WR that any team should be happy to have.

Kearse is a reminder of how many mistakes have been made at WR, to the point that even losing a mediocre WR like kearse would be a "loss".

Kearse has absolutely no spot on a team with actual WRs. He's a band-aid for teams without WR talent.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Good... now we can sign him to a reasonable contract to lessen the cap hit this year and also give him a small signing bonus... a contract like $5.5M total, $3.1M guaranteed (signing bonus + 2015 salary), with a signing bonus of $2.1M... and with annual cap hits of $1.7M, $2.2M and $2.6M.

We know that we need him this year and the dead money after 2015 makes it easy for the Hawks to cut him if necessary.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":gmzlszk7 said:
Kearse is not a WR that any team should be happy to have.

Kearse is a reminder of how many mistakes have been made at WR, to the point that even losing a mediocre WR like kearse would be a "loss".

Kearse has absolutely no spot on a team with actual WRs. He's a band-aid for teams without WR talent.

No mention of Percy? You're slipping bjorn.

Donn2390

Reaction score
This thread is a reminder that, although we are all here for a common goal, there are still plenty of A-holes in the group...
I suggest to those of you who don't like the players the coaches put on the field, find another team to support, one that does things more to your likings..

pmedic920

Reaction score
^^^^^
Easy there my friend. You are correct in the "common goal"aspect of your post but when one fan tries to tell others, how to be a fan, it usually doesn't go over well.
I'll be keeping an eye on this :{)

McGruff

Reaction score
Is Kearse an average NFL receiver who has done some good and even great things for this team? Yep!

Is Kearse an average NFL receiver who can be upgraded if the right player takes advantage of the opportunity? Yep!

Kearse has realistically about a 50% chance of starting this year, and 25% of being cut.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
This is good news, for now. If he can regain his 2013 form he will have a spot on this team. If he plays like he did last year, Lockett will take his job and never look back.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
keatonisballin":309n9yad said:
This is good news, for now. If he can regain his 2013 form he will have a spot on this team. If he plays like he did last year, Lockett will take his job and never look back.

Isn't that the situation with every NFL player? Perform above the average......or move over and get out of the way!