Chad Brown coming back to Seattle

McGruff

Reaction score
Former Seahawks player and probably our best FA addition ever Chad Brown is coming back to Seattle as a DL coaching intern this summer.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/593552205069688832[/tweet]

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
628x471

Maybe the single most incredibly athletic play I'd ever seen up until Kam Chancellor started hurdling offensive lines.

45Hawker

Reaction score
That was an amazing sack, McGruff. I went mental when I saw it. Thanks for posting the pic - one of my favorites.

penihawk

Reaction score
Wish we could of had that guy his whole career. One of my favorite FA signings. He even looks bad-ass in the old uniform.

Largent80

Reaction score
I finally had to toss my #94 jersey last week after all the years of wearing and washing it, couldn't even hardly tell what the numbers were.

He was a fun one to watch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One of my all time favorite Hawks. He really left it all on the field. Great attitude, total team guy, and was all over the field.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1ac0e5nr said:
SoulfishHawk":1ac0e5nr said:
One of my all time favorite Hawks. He really left it all on the field. Great attitude, total team guy, and was all over the field.

He was pretty vocal about really disliking his time in Seattle. Made me lose some respect for him.

In fairness to Chad he came to Seattle from the Steelers at the height of our dysfunction.nhe got in at te end of his time here at the beginning of he Holmgren era, but was for a long time the only great players on some really bad teams.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27u8k1rs said:
wasn't Shawn Springs vocal about not liking Seattle too? I might be wrong.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2wthfrz8 said:
dopeboy206":2wthfrz8 said:
SoulfishHawk":2wthfrz8 said:
wasn't Shawn Springs vocal about not liking Seattle too? I might be wrong.

Yep. I believe he is the one that called it BFE in one notable quote.
Yeah screw that guy. Anyone who disses the 206 is dead to me.

aredub

Reaction score
Love Chad Brown! I'm excited about this! Him and Lofa back in the building helping develop our LB's.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3sgjttqe said:
He was pretty vocal about really disliking his time in Seattle. Made me lose some respect for him.

I hate to pile on but I was thinking the same thing. Really bummed me out about him. But I still respect what he gave to us while wearing the uniform.

drdiags

Reaction score
Just heard a clip on KIRO ESPN 710 where Chad mentions he loved his time here except for Mike Holmgren. So it seems his departure was not well received by him and maybe his relationship with Mike the HC/GM.

A few of the ex-Seahawks from that era didn't have a glowing report of the environment (Heath, Brown and Fauria). Even Hutch put in the poison pill just to get out of here (I know, it was his agent working in concert with Wilf/Vikings to put the screws to the Seahawks).

original poster

Reaction score
McGruff":2h0uwhjn said:
Maybe the single most incredibly athletic play I'd ever seen up until Kam Chancellor started hurdling offensive lines.

That quote did nothing but make me smile!

Hawks46

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2icktbkr said:
Aros":2icktbkr said:
FlyHawksFly":2icktbkr said:

I hate to pile on but I was thinking the same thing. Really bummed me out about him. But I still respect what he gave to us while wearing the uniform.

I didn't mean to come off as hating him, I was a huge fan when he played for us. Hell I still have his jersey. I thought quite a lot of him as a player but after he left Seattle he didn't have anything really positive to say. I think part of it was sour grapes in how his playing time ended in Seattle, and part of it was the dysfunction of team while he was here, so I can understand where is coming from. At the same time, he was paid handsomely and was absolutely adored by the fans here, you would think that he might at the very least keep his opinion about Seattle to himself. Unfortunately he didn't, and in my mind he drops down a few pegs. I used to consider him one of my favorite Hawks, now not so much.

I sincerely hope his attitude towards the city and the organization are a bit more open minded this time around, and he helps the Hawks as a coach as much as he did as a player.

I agree. Most professional athletes know that you really don't say disparaging things about an entire city or fan base. Especially if you plan on staying in that particular field of sports in some capacity. You never know when you're going to come back.

Trust me, I understand about those years; I faded a little bit as a fan as well. I watched what I could on TV and didn't go to as many games but a lot of the passion for my team was hard to maintain. That said, when an athlete does make remarks about that, fully knowing it's a professional mistake, that athlete really has a lot of disdain for that city and fan base.

Latest posts