Not picking up Irvin's 5th year option???

idahohawk

Reaction score
Crap! No Irvin, no Russ, PC selling his house... we are doomed!

If only we kept Golden Tate!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This is somewhat surprising.....................Irvin played well last year for us.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
This is because of the uncertainty of Wilson and Wagner's contracts. It would really suck to lose Bruce when he is so obviously about to turn into a star player

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Means nothing right now. He will still be a Hawk for a fourth year, under team control, and Hawks have priority to re-sign him if they want to.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Embarrassment of riches.. Cant keep everyone unfortunately, so difficult decisions will need to be made.

Personally, I would have rather signed Irvin to a longer deal and let KJ walk.

saroos

Reaction score
Trade to Atlanta and swap 2nd round picks for the hawks to draft Dorial Green_Beckham is my prediction.

Seafan

Reaction score
Nothing is set in stone yet. Having Irvin in a contract year could be great. He could walk and give the team a 3 round comp. He could sign an extension. Trade. Anything can happen. JPL could be a decent replacement.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
saroos":1aagz0f5 said:
Trade to Atlanta and swap 2nd round picks for the hawks to draft Dorial Green_Beckham is my prediction.

Uhm,,,,,the Falcons would have to give up their second for Bruce. No swapping involved.

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/593621359898406912[/tweet]

2_0_6

Reaction score
Ya I agree, Bruce for a 2nd round pick seems about right. Atlanta then would exercise his 5th year option.

Having two second round picks would fill some major holes.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Wow.. I really don't know about moving Bruce in a contract year. Especially since our pass rush leaves a lot to be desired right now.

Really hope that's a false rumor. Would rather keep him for one more year and let him walk to get the comp pick than outright trade him.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":23i1o6b6 said:
saroos":23i1o6b6 said:

Uhm,,,,,the Falcons would have to give up their second for Bruce. No swapping involved.

Unless they would like to give us Julio Jones in the deal ;)

Blitzer88

Reaction score
We are already very thin at LBer and now we want to trade one of our starters? Kinda puzzling to me. I really hope none of this is true.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29zayx6k said:
Wow.. I really don't know about moving Bruce in a contract year. Especially since our pass rush leaves a lot to be desired right now.

Really hope that's a false rumor. Would rather keep him for one more year and let him walk to get the comp pick than outright trade him.

Yeah, my initial thought is that I would rather have Bruce this year. He was really becoming a good linebacker last season and we could use an extra year of this Defense together.

jake206

Reaction score
Dan Quinn knows what kind of player Irvin is. So he may be more valuable to Atlanta than people think. Don't need to train him, just plug and play.