What's the catalyst for the Hawks success this century?

What's the catlyst for the Hwks success since the mediocre years back in the 20th century?

• Hiring of Holmgren

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Move to an outside stadium

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Hiring of Pete and John

Votes: 40 49.4%
  • Russell Wilson and the gang

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 28 34.6%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
For me, it's hard to pick one, but I would have to say the move outside has turned the franchise from a finesse team to a tougher team that can win on the road.

I also believe the fans, although very loud back in the Kingdome, have turned it up a notch since being outside in the elements.

Riley12

Reaction score
I'd say it has been me. I became a season ticket holder in 2001, the last year at Husky Stadium, and look at how things have turned around since then.

You're welcome.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Riley12":3mpevggk said:
I'd say it has been me. I became a season ticket holder in 2001, the last year at Husky Stadium, and look at how things have turned around since then.

You're welcome.
A job well done sir, Bravo! :th2thumbs: 8)

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I would say that it's in our liberty in doing things just a little differently, depending on variances. The world gets smaller and smaller and, where we once lived in a world where the NW was considered the last frontier (Alaska is the real one), we're now recognized for our contributions to society in a great deal of aspects, whether that be resources, technology, food/consumption, etc and just the general raising of standards (ISH IS EXPENSIVE YO!). That said we've had a luxury of great coaching since the turn of the century and that accounts for a lot. However, if the aforementioned shrinking of the globe, so to speak, doesn't happen then does this coaching luxury happen? Does it happen without an uber rich owner that is a product of the NW itself? Do we draw a coach like PC where his ideas are a little bit engaged in the individual even by todays corporate standards?

Why?

Why not?

AVL

Reaction score
I would go with the owner if it were an option.

"A good owner is hard to find."

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Riley12":16hsqkvu said:

You're welcome.

OTOH, I moved back from So Cal in 1990 and started attending games in '91. 2000 was my last year for season tix because I bought a house and had no discretionary income. So, things got bad when I started going and turned around when I stopped going and Riley started.

You're welcome. Crap. :?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2zokbxb5 said:
Paul Allen

Yes everything flows from this. Imagine for a minute if Allen had purchased the Redskins instead... And Snyder owned the Hawks?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":203g899f said:
Paul Allen buying the team followed by the Pete Carrol - JS hires.

Yup, that's what I believe; on both counts.

Without Paul Allen, we have no Holmgren, Carroll, or Schneider.

drdiags

Reaction score
Yep, I have to go with Paul Allen buying the team and bringing in Holmgren. Without Mike's influence and hires in the FO, do the Seahawks feel comfortable enough to bring John Schneider in for an interview? I think John's prior time here, even though a year helped those that remained from his first time here have some level of comfort in the recommendation to try out this young, unproven guy.

Without Paul getting a taste of what it took to get to the Superbowl in XL, maybe he puts up with Mora another year or two?

Plus Paul has shown that he has the pulse of the team and fans to make some moves many didn't think he would or others judged as cut-throat (letting Whitsett go, giving Ruskell the boot and firing Mora/hiring Carroll).

In the end, the critical moves needed to get the team where they are today were overseen by the watchful eye of Paul Allen.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I think it was the move from South Alaska to North Oregon. The major shift in locations has a dramatic change in the way they play. :sarcasm_off: :twisted: :stirthepot:

HommyHawk

Reaction score
Man or moment? Two different answers for me.Person.....Mr. Carroll.
Moment.... Beastquake 1.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well since Paul bought the Seahawks the last Century that answer is null.

But I think the firing of Ruskell was the catalyst, it made it possible to start everything we see now.