Sac's mom is turning 60

Sac

Reaction score
And she is yet to see a live 'Hawks game.

Her birthday is at the end of October, and my sister and I have decided to send her and pops up north to visit family and catch a game at the Clink. I’d appreciate section recommendations for good seats at a reasonable price as well as spots to eat and such near the stadium.

They’ll be up there the weekend of November 15th, so the only game they’ll be able to see is the one against the Cards. If anyone has a sweet deal on tickets, that would also be appreciated.

12 hugz to all.

Largent80

Reaction score
Happy 60 Mrs. Sac but I am 2 years older than you...hahaha.

My mom is 88 and hasn't attended a game but buys Sunday Ticket every year, and she LOVES some RW.

Z8WUf30

grizbob

Reaction score
Now that you have us thinking of our mothers, if mine didn't pass 23 years ago she would have turned 83 last week.

But happy birthday Sac's mom :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3h2xaf77 said:
Largent80":3h2xaf77 said:
My mom is 88 and hasn't attended a game but buys Sunday Ticket every year, and she LOVES some RW.

Z8WUf30

You look a lot like your mom! Awesome picture.

WOW she really does look like Rob.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
grizbob":2sogntjz said:
Now that you have us thinking of our mothers, if mine didn't pass 23 years ago she would have turned 83 last week.

But happy birthday Sac's mom :thirishdrinkers:
Just realized that on opening day my mom would have turned 81. Been 45 years since she passed. She never lived to see Seattle get a team. But I bet she's up there in blue and green, waiting to share a seat.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
I see a lot of blast back from certain people when things aren't in the proper forum. For reference, does this belong in the Seahawks talk forum? The rules are confusing.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
FormerEvil":1844weqq said:
I see a lot of blast back from certain people when things aren't in the proper forum. For reference, does this belong in the Seahawks talk forum? The rules are confusing.
My mom and dad are going up to Seattle, courtesy me, for her 60th. My OP was asking about good places to check out and eat pre-game. It's Seahawks related as I'm trying to get them into a game. Also I am taking care of their accommodations for said game. If you have an issue with it, please pm me.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Go Moms!

Mine just turned 86 and is currently in Washington DC as a guest on the Honor Guard Flight. :mrgreen:

chris98251

Reaction score
FormerEvil":t9p9q44o said:

It's Seahawks related in that many times special situations come up with members concerning games, get togethers, special interest items can be brought in that are related to the Seahawks but not be specifically about the team itself, seat prices or uniforms that come available that members want to donate for a charity or something.

Selling items for profit such as merchandise and tickets, or something of that nature or unsolicited spam without permission from the staff can get moved or deleted to another location.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1yhb42gc said:
FormerEvil":1yhb42gc said:
My mom and dad are going up to Seattle, courtesy me, for her 60th. My OP was asking about good places to check out and eat pre-game. It's Seahawks related as I'm trying to get them into a game. Also I am taking care of their accommodations for said game. If you have an issue with it, please pm me.

Too bad no one has actually answered your question or made suggestions..

I live 1.5 miles from the stadium and attend games fairly regularly. What kind of food do they like? Do they like to drink? Chinatown is right across the tracks and Pioneer Square is one block up. Give us an idea what they're into.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
FormerEvil":2pj47fo9 said:
SacHawk2.0":2pj47fo9 said:
FormerEvil":2pj47fo9 said:

Too bad no one has actually answered your question or made suggestions..

I live 1.5 miles from the stadium and attend games fairly regularly. What kind of food do they like? Do they like to drink? Chinatown is right across the tracks and Pioneer Square is one block up. Give us an idea what they're into.

My dad likes to drink, but my mom would rather he didn't. He turns into kind of a goofy jackass when he does. Being close to Chinatown is probably good. My dad prefers american food, but my mom loves Asian food. I'm sure they'd be stoked to to meet other 12s and take part in the fan experience all together.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Go to 8 Oz. Burger. That place is ridiculous! Happy Birthday to your mom!

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Also, if you don't already have tickets, I wouldn't count on trying to get walk-up tix. Check out NFL Ticket exchange or stubhub a couple days before the game. Ticket prices always drop on Saturday night and as a general rule I try to avoid the corners of the stadium at 200 level (ex. section 230). The view can get fairly bad when the action is at the opposite end zone and you'll be looking at the jumbo screen to see the action instead of the field.

8 oz would be an excellent choice for post game eats but I doubt they'd be open in time for you to eat and make a 1pm kickoff from Capitol Hill. Pesos on Queen Anne is a great place to grab breakfast on game days. They have awesome benedicts and the redzone channel. It's about a 10 minute cab ride to the stadium from there. King Street bar and oven has decent food if you don't mind eating with large crowds. They are directly across from the stadium parking lot.

As for drinks day of, you have to go to Temple. It'll be crowded and loud but you'll still be able to get drinks fairly easily and the owner Rolo is an awesome dude. They have Soundwave (the Hawks band) come in before the games usually and do a performance and everybody gets jacked up. It's two blocks from the stadium on Jackson in between 1st and Occidental.

Is this helpful so far?

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Very helpful. I'm definitely recommending they pre-game at Temple. I've heard it's awesome there.

AgentDib

Reaction score
When I buy tickets for first timers i usually shoot for 20-30 yard line mid 300 levels (row Q-Z). Covered in case there is rain, good view of the action and it's still rowdy enough that they get an experience of a loud stadium. There are some weird sections as you move into better seats where you have a lack of passionate fans.

It's also worth telling them to get there a little bit early and to go in the south entrance via Touchdown city. They won't be interested in the activities but there's a ton of Hawk fans milling around drinking and a stage where they often do stuff they'd like - blue thunder, seagals, seahawk moms dancing.

Rainshadow meats (north of stadium) is really good but crowded on game days.

cdallan

Reaction score
FormerEvil":2f89bk8p said:
Also, if you don't already have tickets, I wouldn't count on trying to get walk-up tix. Check out NFL Ticket exchange or stubhub a couple days before the game. Ticket prices always drop on Saturday night and as a general rule I try to avoid the corners of the stadium at 200 level (ex. section 230). The view can get fairly bad when the action is at the opposite end zone and you'll be looking at the jumbo screen to see the action instead of the field.

8 oz would be an excellent choice for post game eats but I doubt they'd be open in time for you to eat and make a 1pm kickoff from Capitol Hill. Pesos on Queen Anne is a great place to grab breakfast on game days. They have awesome benedicts and the redzone channel. It's about a 10 minute cab ride to the stadium from there. King Street bar and oven has decent food if you don't mind eating with large crowds. They are directly across from the stadium parking lot.

As for drinks day of, you have to go to Temple. It'll be crowded and loud but you'll still be able to get drinks fairly easily and the owner Rolo is an awesome dude. They have Soundwave (the Hawks band) come in before the games usually and do a performance and everybody gets jacked up. It's two blocks from the stadium on Jackson in between 1st and Occidental.

Is this helpful so far?

Breakfast is difficult in King St Bar as it is so busy. Plus, they serve coffee in glass jars, so you can't actually pick them up or you would lose a layer of skin from your hand. Weird idea.