Going to my first Seahawks game!

chevelle03

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I will be travelling from Scotland in December to visit family and we are planning on going to the week 16 game against the Rams. It will be my first ever game even though I have been a life long fan. I am actually originally from Montana and half of my family is from Washington, but growing up I never had the chance to go to a game. I have been living in Scotland for 4 years now and this is the first time back to Washington during the season so I am treating myself to a game!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can give me advice as to when would be the best time to buy tickets. Is there much of a chance to get tickets in July when the Seahawks put the single game tickets up for sale? And do the secondary market prices go way up after that?

Any help would be much appreciated.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chevelle03":3m1chy28 said:
Hello everybody,

I will be travelling from Scotland in December to visit family and we are planning on going to the week 16 game against the Rams. It will be my first ever game even though I have been a life long fan. I am actually originally from Montana and half of my family is from Washington, but growing up I never had the chance to go to a game. I have been living in Scotland for 4 years now and this is the first time back to Washington during the season so I am treating myself to a game!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can give me advice as to when would be the best time to buy tickets. Is there much of a chance to get tickets in July when the Seahawks put the single game tickets up for sale? And do the secondary market prices go way up after that?

Any help would be much appreciated.

The Single game tickets are VERY difficult to get. It's worth a shot, but it's an unlikely scenario. Most of these tickets are scattered throughout the stadium and there aren't that many to start with, as most are sold as season tickets.

UKHawk

Reaction score
Hey get yourself onto NFL Ticket Exchange (there is a link on the main Hawks website), I have just bagged myself two seats for the Cards Sunday Night game on the 11/15, they will no doubt have plenty of seats to choose from all around the CLINK for the Rams game that your after. Happy Hunting and Go Hawks.

Largent80

Reaction score
Don't let Cdallan get to you before you come.

But hey congrats on finally making a game.

OlyHawkFan

Reaction score
Don't purchase tickets until after the single game tickets go on sale. The only tickets on Ticket. Exchange are the brokers that are allowed to post before then. After the single game sells then the Seahawks allow regular ticket holders to post their extra tickets. That is when I post mine, the seat selection is much better then

tooshort

Reaction score
OlyHawkFan":vn1fg72z said:
Don't purchase tickets until after the single game tickets go on sale. The only tickets on Ticket. Exchange are the brokers that are allowed to post before then. After the single game sells then the Seahawks allow regular ticket holders to post their extra tickets. That is when I post mine, the seat selection is much better then

From my experience the Rams game (or any game close to Christmas) has an inordinate amount of tix "dumped" right after the ticket release by folks that know they're going to be out of town for the holidays, usually 20 or 30 seats pop up cheaper than any other non preseason game.

By Mid November all the less diehard folks will realize that the Seahawks are still playing and tickets for a game near Christmas would be a good gift :mrgreen: and prices will go absolutely insane.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
My wife took a new job and going to every game is getting harder and harder for us (since it comes with a $100+ babysitter price tag in addition to parking and our tickets). I may sell that game, obviously I'm looking to make some $, but I'm more willing to help out a fellow hawk fan for a little less than risk selling it to an opposing team fan for max profit. PM me and let me know what you're thinking. I'm a STH and i can transfer ownership too, so no risk there of getting screwed over. Cheers!

OP
OP
chevelle03

chevelle03

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice everybody. I didn't know that Season Ticket Holders had to wait to sell their tickets.

OP
OP
chevelle03

chevelle03

Reaction score
One more question: When season ticket holders start selling their tickets are there likely to be many that sell 4 seats together?

OlyHawkFan

Reaction score
chevelle03":dpdwpck1 said:
One more question: When season ticket holders start selling their tickets are there likely to be many that sell 4 seats together?

Yes. you will be able to find 4 together

cdallan

Reaction score
Hey there.

I made my first trip last year, so I should be able to help you with the information our colonial cousins don't think to mention, such as where you can get a deep-fried Mars Bar (better remember they call it a Milky Way though), where you can actually drink on a Sunday after the game that doesn't close at 8pm (more difficult than you might think) and whether you should make the effort to see a Sounders game (hint: no).

OP
OP
chevelle03

chevelle03

Reaction score
cdallan":3qlxn4l6 said:
Hey there.

I made my first trip last year, so I should be able to help you with the information our colonial cousins don't think to mention, such as where you can get a deep-fried Mars Bar (better remember they call it a Milky Way though), where you can actually drink on a Sunday after the game that doesn't close at 8pm (more difficult than you might think) and whether you should make the effort to see a Sounders game (hint: no).

Haha. Thanks for the input, but I am actually from the States as I mentioned in the original post. Nice avatar by the way.

cdallan

Reaction score
chevelle03":1u7kh3jw said:
cdallan":1u7kh3jw said:
Hey there.

Haha. Thanks for the input, but I am actually from the States as I mentioned in the original post. Nice avatar by the way.

Four years is more than enough time to have become acclimated.

Between the avatars pic, and my Sig being a line from an obscure song by Neds Atomic Dustbin, I'm really trying my best to alienate and annoy people.

OP
OP
chevelle03

chevelle03

Reaction score
Well I still hate soccer, and I couldn't get down more than one bite of my first (and last) deep fried mars bar. Love Still Game though!

CarolinaSeahawk03

Reaction score
Also coming up for my first Game! hopefully coming up for the Monday night Detroit Game! flying in Friday flying out Tuesday! Where is the place to stay and fun things to do? Also thought it would be fun to see The university of Washington if its not to far away! Go Hawks!!

pmedic920

Reaction score
CarolinaSeahawk03":17qokzrl said:
Also coming up for my first Game! hopefully coming up for the Monday night Detroit Game! flying in Friday flying out Tuesday! Where is the place to stay and fun things to do? Also thought it would be fun to see The university of Washington if its not to far away! Go Hawks!!

I'll be at the MNF vs lions as well.
Traveling in from Texas, we like the Moore Hotel. It's an old building with recent room upgrades.
Not fancy but clean and nice with friendly helpful staff. Walking distance to C-link, water front, pike place market and Space needle. 1 1/2 blocks from train if the walk to stadium is too far.

http://www.moorehotel.com

The Clipper cruise to Friday harbor or Victoria BC is way cool.
The pop culture museum at Seattle Center is worth the time/price.
If you rent a car, day trip to Mt Rainer is awesome (not sure about road condition) at that time of year.
And we like going to the Ballard Locks.

We really just enjoy the "street" culture and the overall atmosphere of downtown.
It's refreshing change from Houston.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
Welcome to the new twelver..........WARNING !.....you're not going to be able to hear when the game is over.

OP
OP
chevelle03

chevelle03

Reaction score
glad2bdada3":btgceuvn said:
Welcome to the new twelver..........WARNING !.....you're not going to be able to hear when the game is over.

I plan on not being able to speak either.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1gw2zdtg said:
CarolinaSeahawk03":1gw2zdtg said:

I'll be at the MNF vs lions as well.
Traveling in from Texas, we like the Moore Hotel. It's an old building with recent room upgrades.
Not fancy but clean and nice with friendly helpful staff. Walking distance to C-link, water front, pike place market and Space needle. 1 1/2 blocks from train if the walk to stadium is too far.

http://www.moorehotel.com

The Clipper cruise to Friday harbor or Victoria BC is way cool.
The pop culture museum at Seattle Center is worth the time/price.
If you rent a car, day trip to Mt Rainer is awesome (not sure about road condition) at that time of year.
And we like going to the Ballard Locks.

We really just enjoy the "street" culture and the overall atmosphere of downtown.
It's refreshing change from Houston.

Cool! Riley12 & I are also scheduled to go to the Lion's game. See ya' at Temple...I hope.