Hawks opener predictions......new link added

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, here we are 6 days away from the Schedule release, unless GODdell decides to move it yet again. Let's hear the predictions on the opener. M's are at home the opening Sunday and Monday, so it clearly won't be a home game.

I'm going with the epic rematch between the Hawks and Packers at Lambeau as one of the two Monday Night Football games. Seems like a perfect choice. :thirishdrinkers:

keatonisballin

Reaction score
I was hoping for the Steelers as a home opener but didn't know the Ms were home that weekend. So I'll probably go with the Packers too.

stang233

Reaction score
Nah..... Already enough hype on opening day they won't use that up. Packers hawks will be week 3 or so. Opening could be at home still.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
When I heard that the Mariners were playing on Sunday, this immediately made me think of St Louis and their game against us during the series....But they would not do that to our team...right. So What I think it probably will be is a morning game in Green Bay...Or an afternoon game in our house....the competition for vehicle parking would be a mess, which is what a Goodell would love to see....for those South Alaskan Seahawks. I am not sure what the teams are...so I shall discount doublecheck it and edit my response. :mrgreen:

Upon further review....I would think either Chicago or Cleveland for the opener. Probably in our house.

Handyman

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1h2qb8zz said:
I'm going to go with @Dallas... Sunday night... prime time.
Yes... Couldn't agree more. At Dallas week 1 Sunday Night Football!
Home opener week 2 against Detroit

JonRud

Reaction score
I am betting on the NFC Championship re-match, Seattle at GB on Sunday Night Football.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":12n2bp8w said:

That's a good call, it's really the only other sexy away opponent other than GB.............unless it's @ SF of Arizona, but that's really not that exciting for a national game.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The schedule makers won't have the Seahawks playing in Green Bay until the average temperature is really close to zero degrees. They'll want the Packers to have a bunch of wins under their belt and all the confidence in the World before their hopes get crushed by the Seahawks.

I don't think it will be Dallas for the opener either because the NFL will want a big match up later on and there is already enough hype going in to the season.

I also don't think it will be an early game because the Seahawks would have plenty of time to prepare for it being an early road game and the NFL wants to make it more difficult for the Seahawks, so they'll save the early road games for when the Seahawks only have one week to prepare.

With all that being said, the NFL will still want a tough opponent for the Seahawks, so I think they'll open in Arizona.

pmedic920

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1pp7lcx4 said:

This will MESS MY WORLD UP.
I won't miss that game and want to go to an early September home game.
No way I can afford both.
I pray that the Dallas game comes later in the season.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":22320on1 said:
onanygivensunday":22320on1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2x defending NFC Champs in Dallas for Thanksgiving

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2mgxmw9g said:
I would lean that way if Hardy wasn't going to get suspended. I don't think Seattle plays the cryboys until the Hardy suspension is over. Think of the way the schedule was last year and how Seattle didn't play SF until Alldumb Smith was back.

I'm going with Seattle @ GB first week.

pmedic920

Reaction score
kidhawk":3oapceo2 said:
pmedic920":3oapceo2 said:
onanygivensunday":3oapceo2 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2x defending NFC Champs in Dallas for Thanksgiving

That would be freaking AWESOME, in my world. That holiday falls on my days off this year. I'll have 4 days and won't have to use any vacation time.

HAVE I MENTIONED, that the Dallas game should be the OFFICIAL ROAD TRIP?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
A little birdie who is "in the know" told me it's pretty likely going to be at Green Bay on SNF. NBC is foaming at the mouth for that match-up apparently.

But we'll see.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2qnbvzjx said:
onanygivensunday":2qnbvzjx said:
I would lean that way if Hardy wasn't going to get suspended. I don't think Seattle plays the cryboys until the Hardy suspension is over. Think of the way the schedule was last year and how Seattle didn't play SF until Alldumb Smith was back.

lol. Greg Hardy isn't a marketable face of the league. The 49er thing was more to get them on Thanksgiving than anything else.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":126cpswg said:
Upon further review....I would think either Chicago or Cleveland for the opener. Probably in our house.

Not a chance. The NFL does not schedule home games that conflict with MLB games. Hell the Ravens had to play their opening kickoff game on the road because of this.

We will be on the road.. and it's very likely in Green Bay.. with Dallas and Baltimore as the other possibilities.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Good lord people!

I know the narrative is the nfl and goodell hates seattle. And im on board with some of that. Last years lack of ho9me prime time games being the proof.

But really.... They also want Seattle to play in GB when its colder, AND In Dallas WHEN hardys off suspension, and a road TNF game, And 10am, but only later in the season.

Some of you willing to admit your going a bit too far with all of this? Scheduling 32 teams is hard enough without 15 Seattle rules. Pick one or two and run with those you sound less crazy.

Latest posts