DeShawn Shead signs exclusive-rights tender

Jville

Reaction score
142894.jpg

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/292/2748764/Seahawks-DeShawn-Shead-signs-exclusiverights-tender[/urltargetblank]
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/04/16/seahawks-re-sign-defensive-back-deshawn-shead[/urltargetblank]
I noticed Deshawn Shead replaced Zack Miller in that all important edge blocking role with the punt team. He has become reliable in his special roles. I think he is someone they can trust and am looking forward to watching his continuing evolution as a Seahawk.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This my favorite re-signing/signing of off-season.

Underrated player and still has potential to be better.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This is a really good signing, IMO. I became a fan of his right when I saw that he had a faster 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle than DeSean Jackson at his size. This is a player who will continue to get better. Very fluid, quick athlete to a level that's really rare for such a big kid.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Given how our team has been health wise, we definitely need a good backup Safety. That said, every time I saw Shead on the field I was unimpressed. Maybe he just needs more time back there in game or maybe I'm just not seeing what the rest of you are.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
BullHawk33":aqj4870f said:
Given how our team has been health wise, we definitely need a good backup Safety. That said, every time I saw Shead on the field I was unimpressed. Maybe he just needs more time back there in game or maybe I'm just not seeing what the rest of you are.

Considering he was Thomas's backup, how many chances did you actually see him play?

He started for Kam vs Oakland and was solid.

But anytime a young, inexperienced player without a lot of first team reps has to replace either All-Pro safety we have, you can expect a drop-off in performance. That's natural.

I would love the Seahawks to ask Shead to drop 10-20 pounds and have him go back to corner. Guy fits the mold in length and potential and would be super athletic at a lighter weight.

Sherman, Williams, Blackmon, Simon, Shead, And Burley at CB.

Pinkins stays at SS. Terelll at FS. Bailey competing at both positions.

And I feel this draft is much deeper at safety than it is at CB. You have a better chance at finding competitive rookies in the later rounds at S that fit the mold than you would at CB that fit the mold.

No one is saying Shead is an uber special dark horse But he has shown value being a versatile DB in the Babs mold and on STs. And most of us recognized his potential as a still raw, inexperienced player that has filled in decently even if unspectacular when given the chance to.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Whats the chance of him filling Lanes role since he might not play at all next year?