Lockette re-signed.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Am I the only one that still feels a bit negative about this because of the play that shall not be mentioned? I'm not trying to get into the "did he make enough effort" discussion again (see; dead horse) but between his idiot penalties, his drop off with his premier gunner work from 2014, and that play, I was almost hoping that he'd move on.

All of this might be because I know nothing about football though.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Actually Rock, I watched the previous game vs Green Bay and he had a fingertip catch with the same route. It was an ugly catch as I saw it but he did catch it. A gunner is necessary on our team and he is ok for that position until the draft and we find a better replacement. Remember the Pete Mantra.....Always ComPETE. He may only make it thru training camp. Just my thoughts.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RockHawk":hc6hm2k2 said:
Am I the only one that still feels a bit negative about this because of the play that shall not be mentioned? I'm not trying to get into the "did he make enough effort" discussion again (see; dead horse) but between his idiot penalties, his drop off with his premier gunner work from 2014, and that play, I was almost hoping that he'd move on.

I do tend to agree. More emotional than anything. He had a nice catch in the Super Bowl that led to Matthews TD. But it was getting harder and harder to see what he brought.

If the cap hit is low, it's probably a zero gamble move.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We've lost a lot of good special teams guys in the last 2 offseasons. At the very least it will be nice to have some consistency at the gunner spot.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Overall ST play dropped last year which is one of the reasons I feel Lockette wasn't as effective as gunner. We'll see if he makes it out of TC as stated previously, if so then I'll be on the lookout for something like this...

[youtube]1ZxxeYChjBc[/youtube]

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
He brings some speed/strength/size to WR position that we lacked last year. He was a threat when he lined up, regardless of his play on special teams. I think it's a good move.

I don't think we can pin the bonehead St. Louis ST debacle solely on Lockette.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
If they draft WRs, he could be fighting to make the final roster. Time to put in work and learn how to attack the ball with the same aggression he uses to attack returners.

themunn

Reaction score
People seem to forget that just 3 plays prior to THAT play Lockette was the one who converted the 3-10 at midfield which would almost certainly have sealed our game if incomplete anyway - not to mention going 2-2 on 3rd and long attempts against Green Bay in the previous game.

Much like Kearse, if your QB trusts you with the big plays in the big games in the big moments you must be doing something right.
Long may it continue

kearly

Reaction score
RockHawk":2lyru8cy said:

I pretty much feel the same way. The onus is on JS to draft good WRs that will make Lockette expendable.

netskier

Reaction score
Lamb (or goat) sacrificed to Bevell's addiction to cuteness. But not quite sacrificed yet due to draft results indeterminacy. I think he hedges against poor wr results in the draft, plus provides st value as a gunner.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
netskier":15s3wwb5 said:
Lamb (or goat) sacrificed to Bevell's addiction to cuteness. But not quite sacrificed yet due to draft results indeterminacy. I think he hedges against poor wr results in the draft, plus provides st value as a gunner.
You mean "addiction to winning"

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
netskier":86nle03m said:
Nope. I meant addiction to cuteness. Just my opinion.
I'll take that "cuteness" if it gets us to back-to-back Super Bowls. Just my opinion.

Latest posts