Article: Buckeyes embraced "Hawk Tackle"

Laloosh

Reaction score
"We changed our tackling philosophy, partly because Pete Carroll's video inspired us to go back and really evaluate ourselves," Ash told reporters this past week. "When we did evaluate ourselves, we found out that what we were coaching wasn't showing up on film."

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-brea ... techniques

Thought this was interesting because I kept hearing Brock Huard say that the Buckeyes did to Oregon, what Seattle did to Denver from a defensive standpoint in the national championship. Sounds like they literally did (from a tackling perspective).

titan3131

Reaction score
Impossible to read this and watch the video of the coach gushing about the hawks technique with out a huge ass cheesy grin on my face.

We literally are setting the standard for technique in the sport. And one of my favorite things is that no one can call us dirty because we are making movement to progress player safety and teaching everyone else how to get on our level. When our opponents get hurt its bad luck not anything we do to hurt anyone. (looking @ niners fans)

Remember just 5 years ago alot of doubters thought PC was a cheat and a college rah rah guy. LOL

mikeak

Reaction score
titan3131":126bb4r7 said:
. And one of my favorite things is that no one can call us dirty because we are making movement to progress player safety and teaching everyone else how to get on our level.

Not sure this has stopped opposing fans........

not saying they are right - just that they don't understand what they are watching

titan3131

Reaction score
I personally have heard much less of the idea the hawks play dirty. I'm sure there is still butt hurt niner fans that cling to it but I'm sure they think tomsula and kapernick are the answer... lolololol

Jville

Reaction score
Direct link to archived instructional video from seahawks.com is linked below.

Pete Carroll instructional video on tackling >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2014/07/28/pete-carroll-tackles-serious-issue-instructional-video[/urltargetblank]