Would someone please tell me.........

RockinHawks

Reaction score
My guess is he is working as a WR for the Seattle Seahawks...

...maybe I don't understand the question.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Paying him to catch footballs as a second-year player next year?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Well I for one am pretty excited for Norwood entering his 2nd year. I think he's going to really surprise this year by earning a substantial role.
If you recall a couple years back, Kearse had an underwhelming rookie year, most on here including myself thought he was just camp fodder in year 2, however the coaches and Wilson were giving him praises.. He surprised everyone that year, being a factor that year.. I think Norwood could have a similar impact in 2015, I think he's more talented than Kearse, I see him as Kearses eventual replacement.

seachickenfan1

Reaction score
Well I can't speak for anyone else in here, but IMO after back to back trips to the SB (not complaining). I hope we use 2 of our 11 draft picks on WR's , maybe only 1 if we have to move up for "our guy"!? Man I can't wait until we get a WR that can create seperation, so Russell doesn't have to pat the ball while our WR's trot around with a CB in their hip pocket. I say 2 because there is some WR's in this draft that could double as our new KR/PR. but a guy like Perriman, Dorsett, D. Smith, lockette, Coats, paired with D. Baldwin, P Rich & Graham would be a nice core. I'm wore out with our recieving core being made up of slow, chip on their shoulder udfa's! There are reasons they weren't drafted in the first place! I am not a kearse fan, dude can't separate, and has hands of stone, yeah he makes a big catch here and there, but how many drops does he make to put us in the position that his 1-3 catches has to be another perfectly thrown ball from Russell. Come on Pete/JS give Russell his extention, then give him a legit guy or 2 to throw the rock to! With us still hanging our hats on our Def & running game of course. Just my 2 cents!?

original poster

Reaction score
We will 100% pick up a legitimate WR in the draft, that's a given. If PRich, Matthews and Lockette step up as well then great! We could have a nice rotation of quality catchers.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If Norwood were ready last year he would have played more.

Playing time is earned in practice... it's just that simple imo.

OP
OP
G

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3khp12l9 said:

This is the only thing that makes sense to me. He's just not ready. We haven't heard anything about him and he was on the field very few times when at times we were in desperate need of a WR.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think Pete answered this question with Whitehurst. A bunch of us were tired of bad Hass and wanted him in there. We couldn't figure it out, but that is Pete's job. Norwood is simply not ready, needs a strong off season with the knowledge he gained from last year.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
glad2bdada3":1fr5y8qi said:
onanygivensunday":1fr5y8qi said:

This is the only thing that makes sense to me. He's just not ready. We haven't heard anything about him and he was on the field very few times when at times we were in desperate need of a WR.

So then this topic needed a thread because...........

Marlin Man

Reaction score
You are right he was NOT ready, and I seriously doubt he ever will be. Another Kearse and we don't need two of him, Need someone who can get seperation, and it sure as hell isn't in this group, and IF it were Norwood he would have been playing

M.M.

I watched Kearse at UW his whole career, and I am still NOT convinced he has cured his "drops", never saw another WR at UW that could rop the ball like this guy

AgentDib

Reaction score
Rookie WR, especially late round picks, usually take a while to contribute if they ever do. Norwood's 9 receptions for 100+ yards are ahead of the curve if anything.

Here are the five receivers drafted after Norwood:
Ryan Grant (WAS) - 7 receptions for 68 yards
Devin Street (DAL) - 2 receptions for 18 yards
Jared Abbrederis (GB) - 0 receptions - Torn ACL
Robert Herron (TB) - 6 receptions for 58 yards
TJ Jones (DET) - 0 receptions - Shoulder Surgery

I'm sure they each have their own threads on their respective forums and they are equally silly.

OP
OP
G

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":cxmt98xt said:
glad2bdada3":cxmt98xt said:
onanygivensunday":cxmt98xt said:

So then this topic needed a thread because...........

I don't know who appointed you the thread monitor or if you just appointed yourself but since it's off season and this thread has gotten 20 posts so far I'd say your judgement is pretty lacking. Ya' got anything productive to say?