Is it a good or bad thing...

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
Nah I disagree, there are 3 wins there too. I just love that we are 25% of the list..or 1/8 to be technical

calihawk

Reaction score
Hass2Carlson":2qy2rnb1 said:
Nah I disagree, there are 3 wins there too. I just love that we are 25% of the list..or 1/8 to be technical
or .125 to be precise

SeaMeat

Reaction score
It just shows the fact that the Seahawks are a very tough team to beat, home or away. And to beat them means a team did something pretty special.

I won't watch those games again though.

But it does feel more of a compliment to me.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It's a good thing. It shows that in order to beat the Hawks, you have to pull off one of the greatest performances of the NFL season.

It just hurts to see the Hawks come out on the losing end of the best games like this.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Hass2Carlson":o94so5jj said:
Haha! This cracks me up. 1/8 and 25% do not equate.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1pivlcqa said:
Hass2Carlson":1pivlcqa said:

Exactly, that confused me too. Where the heck does 1/8 or .125 come in when you are in 25% of the total games listed. Seems to me it should be 1/4 or .250.

tooshort

Reaction score
lsheldon":2fgg1ymq said:
Natethegreat":2fgg1ymq said:
Hass2Carlson":2fgg1ymq said:

Exactly, that confused me too. Where the heck does 1/8 or .125 come in when you are in 25% of the total games listed. Seems to me it should be 1/4 or .250.

I think someone was overthinking (maybe underthinking?) things and looking at it as % of teams participating in said games, in which case we are 1/8 of the participating teams.

I'd prefer to see us only be on this list once next year, yeah 30 point blowouts are boring but you'd have to acknowledge the perfect season even if it was a crappy game right? :stirthepot:

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1fnpedpc said:
It's a good thing. It shows that in order to beat the Hawks, you have to pull off one of the greatest performances of the NFL season.

It just hurts to see the Hawks come out on the losing end of the best games like this.

That's how I interpreted it, too. Beating the Hawks is a spectacle worth noting.

That being said, I did watch the condensed Cowboys game last night and man...there were times where it didn't even look like Russell HAD an offensive line. It was like *Snap-run-for-your-life!* all in one continuous movement. We really need to fix that.

evergreen

Reaction score
We were in 25% of the top 20 games, but so was another team each time. We have three losses in those games and they were extremely close games that we all felt we were going to win until we didn't. Yes even the Cowboys game where we were out played by a fired up team. When we had them at 3rd and 21 late in the 4th quarter in Seattle against the LOB a victory looked assured. Even after the inexplicable 3rd down completion and Murray TD we were still a td from victory with plenty of time. Even after the failed 4th down and strong defensive stop coupled with the crazy Dallas timeout we, were a TD from OT. We are a tough out.

Funny thing, all those losses seemed like wins until real late in the game, but one of those two wins took longer than any other game in the Pete Carrol era to seem like we were going to win...

kobebryant

Reaction score
The Super Bowl was a great game no matter how much it stung in the end.

There was nothing special about that Cowboys game; aside from how well the Cowboys played and Terrence Williams' catch, full credit to them. But that was a bad football game where the home favorite played terribly, was in turmoil, and didn't even deserve to be competitive in that game. Great game by the Cowboys, bad and listless outing from the Hawks.