Jeron Johnson signs with Redskins

Laloosh

Reaction score
Our defensive backs are going to be poached every year. Should be a rule that we get an extra mid-round pick each year to account for it. Apparently Pete and Kris know how to coach a secondary.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
With the injuries to Earl and Kam, I hope we make an effort to keep Johnson

HawkFan72

Reaction score
volsunghawk":s12mj6np said:
Johnson leaving would bother me more than Carpenter, Walters, or Malcolm Smith.

Same here. He is depth that we could really use next year with our secondary banged up (even though he has been banged up a lot in his career).

Jville

Reaction score
Johnson's exodus is another blow to special teams.

IIRC ..... Chris Maragos was a huge impact player for Philly.

Upgrading Special Teams should, at some point, become a theme this off season.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Johnson was always going, I believe he's said that he wants a starting role. Redskins makes sense, but there are a lot of teams where he'd be a starter imo. I know they just signed Mike Adams, but he's 34 next week and outside of him the Colts are really weak at safety (Winston Guy might have a shot at starting on their current roster). They could do much worse than JJ.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Good for him, he should find himself a starting opportunity. I will miss him though.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
This is why we already have Eric Pinkins waiting in the wings to develop as the next backup SS and special teams guy, never mind the upcoming draft. Losing Johnson is hardly a blow considering this staff's proven ability to take even undrafted guys such as Johnson and develop them into quality backups and ST's contributors, plus he would add another +1 to our comp pick formula for 2016. I hope the Skins get him, and I hope they throw a huge check at him in doing so.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkFan72":soag0l52 said:
volsunghawk":soag0l52 said:
Johnson leaving would bother me more than Carpenter, Walters, or Malcolm Smith.

Same here. He is depth that we could really use next year with our secondary banged up (even though he has been banged up a lot in his career).

Agreed. This worries me more with Earl coming off of surgery.

timmat

Reaction score
With our injury situation, he might not need to go to another team to get a starting opportunity (at least at the beg of the year). I really hope they take a look at bringing him back.

crosfam

Reaction score
This is why I think we draft at least one CB and at least one Safety this year. I like the kid from Fresno State - Derron Smith. The secondary's injuries worry me most about next year.

I think Simon would make a good safety - if we get some new corners.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Redskins and Scot are quietly having a great off season.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Getting Scot was a smart move by them. If he has his issues in check he's a brilliant talent evaluator.

kobebryant

Reaction score
crosfam":3d4hhvyh said:
This is why I think we draft at least one CB and at least one Safety this year. I like the kid from Fresno State - Derron Smith. The secondary's injuries worry me most about next year.

I think Simon would make a good safety - if we get some new corners.

I don't know. I really like Simon as a long boundary cb, but I think he would struggle having to go in multiple directions and break down to tackle in space.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He's gone. Gotta re-stock that safety depth.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/577510121045032960[/tweet]