Good luck next season!

CT9erFan

Reaction score
Hi Seahawks fans! I come here as a humble 49er fan that actually respects the rivalry our teams have. This year has been pretty much the exact opposite of what I wanted to see in an offseason. A new coaching staff and loss of some of the greatest 9ers in recent history has me not exactly optimistic for this year.

What does have me excited though is watching your offseason; beautiful move to snag Graham! You guys are gonna be dangerous again next year. Going forward I hope this only drives my team to become better in order to stay competitive. I would much prefer to be in a division with quality teams and earn every game than be in a division like the Patriots who are practically guaranteed 6 wins a season.

Best of luck next year, except when our teams play lol. :D

byau

Reaction score
Classy post. And a lot of the .Net folks here respect the rivalry too. I'm going to miss it. I was one of the ones who even posted pre-season that I was looking forward to a Wilson vs Kaep battle for the years to come as both QBs developed, almost like the NFC version of Brady vs Manning. And also both teams making the other better too for the next handful of years to come.

Ah well, tough year for you guys and strange offseason. The on field talent you guys have is really good, it's just too bad the front office is having its issues and some leadership issues.

Hopefully you guys have a strong rebuild so the rivalry can continue

ivotuk

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Just a friendly tip, paragraphs make reading post easier. Just a little separation here and there for those reading on mobile devices.

We have other 49er fans here and they have been great contributors. Take the time to read the rules, and put 49re stuff in the NFL Forum, Seahawks stuff here.

Enjoy! :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
C

CT9erFan

Reaction score
Thanks gents!

I revised my original post for ease of reading, sorry about that.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I have to say, the 49er front office has found new ways to elicit head shaking. Sorry that you have to deal with that as a fan but couldn't happen to a better franchise!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Welcome to .net !

There's nothing wrong with having a 2nd favorite team. 8)

I thought the Niners would take a step back with all the new coaching staff, but I don't think anyone saw all this coming. I hope York doesn't end up being Daniel Snyder Jr and ruin your team, as I really respected the rivalry as well.

Going to games in both stadiums (well, Candlestick in 07), I found Niners fans to be mostly gracious and polite.

AZ fans are a different matter, my wife and I didn't enjoy one of the games there.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
CT9erFan":zcgk2iof said:
Hi Seahawks fans! I come here as a humble 49er fan that actually respects the rivalry our teams have. This year has been pretty much the exact opposite of what I wanted to see in an offseason. A new coaching staff and loss of some of the greatest 9ers in recent history has me not exactly optimistic for this year.

What does have me excited though is watching your offseason; beautiful move to snag Graham! You guys are gonna be dangerous again next year. Going forward I hope this only drives my team to become better in order to stay competitive. I would much prefer to be in a division with quality teams and earn every game than be in a division like the Patriots who are practically guaranteed 6 wins a season.

Best of luck next year, except when our teams play lol. :D
Classy post. I am a lifelong Hawk fan who lives in Michigan. Yep. When Harbaugh got the gig out here, I have to admit that I had mixed emotions. The rivalry with the 9ers and him as head coach is going to be missed. Now I have to root for him and my Wolverines. Strange, strange world. lol.
I have a good friend who is a 9er fan and she is perplexed by this off season much as you are.
Also, Willis retiring was kinda sad for me since he was probably my favorite 9er and watching him play will be missed.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The intensity of SEA/SF matchups has been nothing short of exceptional. I truly felt like it was going to be years before either team fell off the map and honestly while the record didn't show it, the Niners have not quite fell off yet. Maybe the regime change has an impact on the players that we couldn't see coming.

I genuinely hope that the Niners are still with us like they have been, these two teams have given us some great football games and really put a lot of focus on the West Coast. Each team has forced each other to be better. I would welcome a strong season from SF after all they have been through. I am going to miss watching those blue collar players like Gore, Willis and company, but maybe they develop their guys and hold their own in this division. It goes without saying that the Niners were part of what made the NFCW a killer division.