Seahawks linked to CB Davon House

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/574979950089932800[/tweet]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawks sure seem to have a fascination with the Packer secondary. I wish they employed the same fascination for some of the Packer DL players like, BJ Raji. Raji and Mebane pairing would be awesome.

nash72

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1nvmcujt said:
The Seahawks sure seem to have a fascination with the Packer secondary. I wish they employed the same fascination for some of the Packer DL players like, BJ Raji. Raji and Mebane pairing would be awesome.

Doesn't Raji get hurt religiously though? Love his talent, but would never sign him.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I would really like a House signing, but the way FA is going, and the lack of available CB depth available, I am afraid someone will overpay. House fits what Seattle does very well, but he is a perfect depth guy. Someone who could possibly contribute in a year or two.....but I am not sure he starts or sees the field much if signed by Seattle. Still unproven and a non-starter for Green Bay, who had a somewhat suspect secondary to begin with. He fits the physical profile for sure.

If we were able to bring him in for a vet minimum deal - or at least close to that, similar to what we did with Philip Adams last season or Will Blackmon two years ago - then a House signing is a no-brainer. But he should not get starter money because I am not certain he has proven anything yet in his time in GB

If they did sign House or Cary Williams to a 3-5 million a year contract, it tells you clearly what the team thinks of Simon

jake206

Reaction score
or Hawks could resign Browner if Pats are dumb enough to let him go to market.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/575003501031395328[/tweet]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jake206":1lx788ii said:
We should at least try and drive the price up for New England. Even though I doubt we would seriously consider resigning him.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1a1uq5ff said:
jake206":1a1uq5ff said:
We should at least try and drive the price up for New England. Even though I doubt we would seriously consider resigning him.

Don't know about that, have you seen how little depth we have in the secondary right now?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3vly5ywm said:
MizzouHawkGal":3vly5ywm said:
jake206":3vly5ywm said:

Don't know about that, have you seen how little depth we have in the secondary right now?
I have and it's obvious the Seahawks have also given all the stories about them being linked to every available DB out there. I'm just not convinced that they haven't just washed their hands of him. Though if the price were right why not bring him back. At worst we should try to drive the price up for New England regardless as I said earlier.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2439gh8z said:

Would never happen. Mebane and Raji play the same role, and it's not 3 tech. Plus Raji is getting old.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hawks46":347co4wd said:
hawkfan68":347co4wd said:

Would never happen. Mebane and Raji play the same role, and it's not 3 tech. Plus Raji is getting old.

Even if they play the same position they would make a pretty good rotation. Right now there isn't a player that can rotate with Mebane and provide the same results. Raji would do that. I thought Raji was also a 3-tech because he was more of a penetrator than Mebane was. A fresher Mebane and Raji due to splitting reps is a great thing. Either case, he would upgrade the DL rotation. That in itself is a plus.