Russell Wilson hangin out with Jarryd Hayne

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
What is going on with this guy? First he "chose" the Hawks, then he "signed" with the Lions and now it's wide open.

acbass

Reaction score
I keep hearing crap about this guy. What's the deal? His rugby credentials are indisputable, but what do they expect from him in the NFL? RB? H-Back? I have no idea.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
he's listed as 6'2"
He looks like he's 5 inches taller than wilson.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3dvtc5lh said:
What is going on with this guy? First he "chose" the Hawks, then he "signed" with the Lions and now it's wide open.
Yeah I was under the impression he picked the Lions. Maybe he and Russ are just buds.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Per Condotta, a decision could be coming early next week and Seahawks, Lions & 'Niners are the front runners.

6'2"
220#
4.53 40
Just turned 27 on Feb. 15

It'd be fun to see how he does. I hope RW convinced him this is the team he's looking for.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
He will be the bomb until he gets rocked and lays the football on the turf.

But I'm excited to see what he can do.

Mick063

Reaction score
Put him on kickoff coverage. He has the "Hawk tackle" down.

I question his ability to pick up the blitz and lord knows how well he can catch the ball. Kind of late to learn specific technique.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkNuts":2eg1eqmn said:

Uh, you do know that rugby is more brutal than football, right ? Look at those highlights someone posted. Dudes are running full into each other, blasting each other, and no pads.

I've seen plenty of rugby matches where guys are bleeding from their heads and running around playing.

Never seen Hayne play before. He's a natural athlete. Wonder if those skills translate well to the NFL?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Looks like the guy would be a special teams beast.

The Lynch of the KR and the Kam of the kicking/ punting coverage.

Maybe he could learn punt return too.

As far as receiving, I fear he would be Percy Harvin II.

- bsd RPA

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Hawks46":37689e9g said:
HawkNuts":37689e9g said:

Uh, you do know that rugby is more brutal than football, right ? Look at those highlights someone posted. Dudes are running full into each other, blasting each other, and no pads.

I've seen plenty of rugby matches where guys are bleeding from their heads and running around playing.

Never seen Hayne play before. He's a natural athlete. Wonder if those skills translate well to the NFL?

Of course I have, but in a lot of ways it is like soccer in that possession is changed a lot. They also don't have helmets they can stick right on the ball.

You don't need to defend rugby I'm just saying it is a different sport.

ringless

Reaction score
Hawks46":25opzi31 said:
HawkNuts":25opzi31 said:

I lived in Australia from 2005-2012 and the guy is tough..... One thing that people forget it Rugby tackling is very, very disciplined. In the NFL a lot of players have surprisingly bad technique in tackling. Rugby, on the other hand has great tackling. They play with no pads, and they only get I believe 11 substitutions a game. With 17 players on the field which means about half the team plays the full 80 minutes of offense and defense without coming off the field except for the half. Not saying that his skill set will translate to the NFL. But his conditioning, and tackling will be impressive

kobebryant

Reaction score
Hawks46":3u3yzrar said:
HawkNuts":3u3yzrar said:

There's a lot of technique that goes into properly securing a football; hitting the 5 pressure points and everything while doing it subconsciously. No one would question whether he is tough enough or scared, but in rugby you are often looking to get rid of the ball when a tackle is imminent.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Honestly the Seahawks are the ideal team for Jarryd Hayne. They focus on technique not on scheme. Seahawks don't run a very complicated scheme. Just about repetition and refining technique. He would excel here.

cdallan

Reaction score
He seems to have played a lot of Fullback in Rugby, so fielding punts will absolutely no issue - at least no one will be hitting him as he is catching it like in Rugby. I think he has potential in returns and kick coverage. He could probably catch coming out of the backfield - he will have very good hands - but receiving a ball like a TE or WR would do may be way beyond him - different way of catching. I don't think he could run the ball as a traditional running back either and both run blocking and pass pro could be a real issue. I do wonder whether he could, in a limited way, handle some of the plays we gave Harvin?

Dang3Russ

Reaction score
Why would you play in Detroit over Seattle??? I think end of the day he will sign with the Hawks. Think he worked out for them earlier last year.

Think Russ will sweet talk him. Be exciting to watch what he can do in the NFL. Think he would have some explosive plays coming out of our end. Think he can actually juke better than Percival from watching his highlights and toughness shouldn't be an issue. Not sure how he would react to the hits as Rugby is completely different in that sense.