I'm Still Not Recovered from the Super Bowl (Help!!!)

farhat

Reaction score
How did we just allow that to happen? First, after the Kearse reception, we wasted a timeout because we were too busy looking up at the screen. If we kept that timeout, we would have had 2 timeouts and 3 plays, meaning they would have given the ball to Lynch. Poor clock/game management (not one of Pete's strengths) caught up with us.

And on then on 2nd and goal, I don't mind that they passed, but why not use Marshawn as a decoy? The whole world is expecting Marshawn to be a part of the gameplan on the 1 yard line. But, you just throw a slant? Not a high percentage play in a congested area of the field. Why not play action? Bevell's poor red zone play calling caught up with us.

The only thing that will help make up for this is if we get back to the Super Bowl and win it. But, I'm looking at this 2015 road schedule: AWAY: GB, Min, Bal, Cin, Dallas, NFC West.

All of them will be tough accept Minnesota.

chris98251

Reaction score
farhat":2x8iibko said:
How did we just allow that to happen? First, after the Kearse reception, we wasted a timeout because we were too busy looking up at the screen. If we kept that timeout, we would have had 2 timeouts and 3 plays, meaning they would have given the ball to Lynch. Poor clock/game management (not one of Pete's strengths) caught up with us.

And on then on 2nd and goal, I don't mind that they passed, but why not use Marshawn as a decoy? The whole world is expecting Marshawn to be a part of the gameplan on the 1 yard line. But, you just throw a slant? Not a high percentage play in a congested area of the field. Why not play action? Bevell's poor red zone play calling caught up with us.

The only thing that will help make up for this is if we get back to the Super Bowl and win it. But, I'm looking at this 2015 road schedule: AWAY: GB, Min, Bal, Cin, Dallas, NFC West.

Minny will not be a cake walk.

Best to look at it as we played N.E. to the last 26 seconds with a Mash unit and them being held together with Duct tape and bailing wire, and still was one dumb play away from taking it home again. Lots of good stuff to look forward to, our guys and most the defensive roster were really banged up and still took a Gift for N.E. to get bragging rights.

OP
OP
F

farhat

Reaction score
That's a good way to look at it. Jordan Hill, Paul Richardson were out and Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor were playing with significant injuries. And Jeremy Lane and Cliff Avril went out with injuries! And, we still had a chance to win? I guarantee you we would have won if Lane and Avril stayed in the game!

But, isn't that why this game is so fleeting! A couple of injuries can screw everything up!

breakin

Reaction score
For all the playing hurt talk from the seahawk side it seems like the person playing with the worst injury was Hightower as he is expected to be out for 6-7 months after his surgery, and he was the guy who made the tackle to bring down Lynch at the 1 at the end of the game.

I also hate how people are over-reacting and judging how the game should have went just because of the final play. Its like people find it easier to take if they can just say the Pats won because of that lucky final play. If the Seahawks had of scored on that final posession then this superbowl is remembered forever as the superbowl the seahawks won because of that once in a life-time catch by Kearse.

mikeak

Reaction score
Kearse catch while lucky didn't change the outcome of the game. If he drops it Seattle keeps the ball with additional attempts at first downs.

In the end it came down to one play showing that the teams were evenly matched and the line that was around pick-em was properly set...

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
breakin":b5ngiypu said:
For all the playing hurt talk from the seahawk side it seems like the person playing with the worst injury was Hightower as he is expected to be out for 6-7 months after his surgery, and he was the guy who made the tackle to bring down Lynch at the 1 at the end of the game.

I also hate how people are over-reacting and judging how the game should have went just because of the final play. Its like people find it easier to take if they can just say the Pats won because of that lucky final play. If the Seahawks had of scored on that final posession then this superbowl is remembered forever as the superbowl the seahawks won because of that once in a life-time catch by Kearse.

I think this post is stupid.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
farhat":7diw46mm said:

Much to the Bevell supporters dismay, I've said my opinion of Bevell and don't care to rehash that further. If you make it to the Super Bowl you deserve a tough schedule, I have no problems with that what so ever. My biggest concerns for 2015 are not the schedule but the injuries and depth on defense. .....but outside of the OC, We have the right guys running things, still have a draft coming up, and have guys that didn't play much last year that will hopefully be healthier and able to contribute.

When all else fails, pop in the blue ray of XLVIII. :th2thumbs:

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":wh1vmgkr said:
breakin":wh1vmgkr said:

Very reminiscent of Steelers fans in '06. Seems like they hung around here for *months* trying so very hard to convince us that we saw something we didn`t see. Why is it so hard to graciously accept a gift and move on? Weird.

grizbob

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":1uhq5p7e said:
breakin":1uhq5p7e said:

X...

Reaction score
I've finally come to grips with it. San Fran lost their super bowl on 2 incomplete passes from the 1. We just happened to lose it on a pick on 2nd down from the 1. If you look at the all 22 - if RW throws it a split second sooner, Lockette was open by about 3 yards. It is a game of inches. New England executed and we didn't. Don't get me wrong - I would have ran beastmode - make them stop your best multiple times.

There was still a chance of causing a safety, and getting the ball back to win for a field goal - though time may have been tight, but still a chance none the less...but, Bennet got bumped from behind by Dobbs - offsides - game over - New England executed and we didn't.

Time to move on, and start kicking the crap out of teams next year. Go Hawks!

Decimation

Reaction score
I don't blame you from not recovering from this loss quite yet. You're not the only one on that boat, friend.

I don't understand that last minute in the fourth quarter, but it's moot now. I ask myself the same things you do. "Why didn't we use Marshawn as a decoy, at least?" Or "why didn't we just run the ball period?" It was a horrible way to lose the game, because it sure felt like we had it in the bag after the Kearse catch.

But let's face it, the game shouldn't have even come down to that. We were up 24-14 and blew it in the fourth quarter. Our defense was decimated so bad with injuries all around, and we just couldn't hold them there. Defense wins championships.

Yes, we should've sealed the deal on that 2nd down, but unfortunately our offense personnel didn't call the right play in that situation in my opinion.

Thankfully, we have an amazing team. There will be blood next season and there will be revenge. I believe this team has the adversity, the leadership, and the will-power to prevail. Time will tell, but I believe this team can get back next year and win it all this time.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I mean this in the nicest possible way, but,

NUT.UP

It's over and done. As the Seahawks themsleves like to say, WHAT'S NEXT?

Atradees

Reaction score
I didnt renember the game. My old lady and I were at the local pub. I watched it again later and it was a great game. Nothing to be upset about.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Just when I think we're all done agonizing over this, someone has to start another thread.

Not sure bout everyone else, I will never forget................BUT I'M SURE AS HELL READY TO MOVE ON PEOPLE!

morgulon1

Reaction score
breakin":2ta6ozrg said:

One player on NE playing hurt vs EVERY PLAYER in our defensive backfield hurt or out of the game? Not to mention a
pretty important piece or three of our defensive line, Mebane, Hill, Avril. That's seven out of eleven of our starters.

I don't feel the pats were lucky , I think dude made a great play. I also think Seattle shouldn't of given NE a chance to even be in the position to make an interception by passing in the first place.

Are you a Seahawk fan?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's tough to get over this loss, and we'll all remember that ending for the rest of our lives.
But it's in the past man. We had no effect on the outcome of that play. It does no good to sit there and agonize over the different possibilities and outcomes of a play that we had no control over.

It's hard to accept it, but the game is over. Let's just look forward to next year and the years to come. This is still an incredibly young and talented team.

The one thing I keep thinking to myself: Our Seahawks made it to three Superbowls in ten years, and won one. Just take a minute to soak that in. Had you have told me that in the mid '90s I would've thought you were crazy.

JonRud

Reaction score
It's over. No need to wallow in pity. This is a young team on the come and there are even greater things ahead.

2015 is going to be an EPIC year for the Seahawks and we will get our revenge on the Pats in Santa Clara. I believe this 100%.

Go Hawks!!!!!!!!

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Decimation":1f0ap49c said:
But let's face it, the game shouldn't have even come down to that. We were up 24-14 and blew it in the fourth quarter. Our defense was decimated so bad with injuries all around, and we just couldn't hold them there. Defense wins championships.

Very true, was a game of attrition by that point. Our D was injured, wounded and gassed. What can you do... injuries are part of the game, just a bunch of unlucky injuries that led to them being really ineffective by the 4th qtr.

But to the OP, what helps me, just think of how close we came to going back to back, that in itself is really amazing! If you would have told me 3 years ago, this would have happened, we'd all be thrilled!! :th2thumbs:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":ucoqmclt said:
It's tough to get over this loss, and we'll all remember that ending for the rest of our lives.
But it's in the past man. We had no effect on the outcome of that play. It does no good to sit there and agonize over the different possibilities and outcomes of a play that we had no control over.

It's hard to accept it, but the game is over. Let's just look forward to next year and the years to come. This is still an incredibly young and talented team.

The one thing I keep thinking to myself: Our Seahawks made it to three Superbowls in ten years, and won one. Just take a minute to soak that in. Had you have told me that in the mid '90s I would've thought you were crazy.
Great post!

This new regime has produced two NFC championships in a row. Did you read that ... Two NFC championships in a row! Sure the Super Bowl loss is a bitter pill to swallow, but, as the team likes to extol: "Why not us!" when it comes to getting back to the Super Bowl for the next 2 years again! So c'mon 12's, let's take away all the positives of the wonderful and fun journeys we've made over the last 2 years than fixating on one play. And seriously, whose fanbase would you rather be a part of these last 2 years than our own? We all we got, we all we need!