E.T. Calls Lynch Franchise Back

kidhawk

Reaction score
Not news, but I just saw this tweet come across my feed and thought I'd share it

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Earl_Thomas/status/568531385834606593[/tweet]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
"@darrellbevell: .@moneylynch You're alright... I suppose."

sleepingdog

Reaction score
hawknation2015":16eq1jmu said:
The more Seahawks who reach out to Lynch the better. He needs to know he is appreciated for everything he does for the team.

I don't understand, I love Lynch. Best RB in Hawks history, and probably the best back in the league. HOWEVER, I don't agree with the sentiment around Seattle that we need to show that we "appreciate" Lynch. Guy has a job to do, gets paid lots to do it. Hawks fans (including myself) love the guy, the skittles, the beast chant, the constant standing by his side all thru out his antics with the media (example: trying to get a petition going to the NFL that Lynch should be exempt from talking to the media). That's all appreciation, every player in that locker room constantly tells the media and everyone how much they love and appreciate Lynch.

To be honest, he needs to sign and he needs show HE wants to be here.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
sleepingdog":h7shnpf3 said:
hawknation2015":h7shnpf3 said:
The more Seahawks who reach out to Lynch the better. He needs to know he is appreciated for everything he does for the team.

I don't understand, I love Lynch. Best RB in Hawks history, and probably the best back in the league. HOWEVER, I don't agree with the sentiment around Seattle that we need to show that we "appreciate" Lynch. Guy has a job to do, gets paid lots to do it. Hawks fans (including myself) love the guy, the skittles, the beast chant, the constant standing by his side all thru out his antics with the media (example: trying to get a petition going to the NFL that Lynch should be exempt from talking to the media). That's all appreciation, every player in that locker room constantly tells the media and everyone how much they love and appreciate Lynch.

Lynch consistently demonstrates he wants to be here every time he steps on the field by laying his body on the line through sickness and back pain. He has earned some time to think about the future.

IMO, loyalty (vis-à-vis appreciation) is the most important thing to Lynch. I think it's great that players and fans continue to show Lynch that loyalty and appreciation while he ponders his future with the Seahawks. He is the undeniable heartbeat of the offense.

Hyak

Reaction score
This whole thing is a media creation. The Seahawks, Lynch, and his reps all know the situation. If he retires, it's because he wants to have a life beyond football without having his body fall apart in his 40's. Of course, if he DOES retire, it will get reported that it's because he didn't get the carry on the last play or that he hates Russell Wilson.....

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
If he retires how many threads will be creating blaming bevell?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":ia19u90o said:

One would be too many. He's been contemplating retirement long before this last play of the last game. If he retires it's because he's ready. I still don't see him turning down $10 million this year, especially after trying to get an extension last year. His teammates love him, the fans love him and the team is showing him they love him with the extension.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2j47x7l7 said:

Why?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":37kck5dk said:
hawknation2015":37kck5dk said:

Why?

Oh, I fleshed out my answer to that question in an earlier post:

sleepingdog":37kck5dk said:

Lynch consistently demonstrates he wants to be here every time he steps on the field by laying his body on the line through sickness and back pain. He has earned some time to think about the future.

IMO, loyalty (vis-à-vis appreciation) is the most important thing to Lynch. I think it's great that players and fans continue to show Lynch that loyalty and appreciation while he ponders his future with the Seahawks. He is the undeniable heartbeat of the offense.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kidhawk":110t637z said:
Hawkfan77":110t637z said:

One would be too many. He's been contemplating retirement long before this last play of the last game. If he retires it's because he's ready. I still don't see him turning down $10 million this year, especially after trying to get an extension last year. His teammates love him, the fans love him and the team is showing him they love him with the extension.
Yeah well I do not think he will get ten million this year if he stays. Just going off of what JS has said

TAB420

Reaction score
Does anyone else think this might mean he's close to signing. It seems like a lot of signing happen on Friday. Wishful thinking?...Maybe.

seahawks08

Reaction score
on one side we say he is the heart beat of the team, on the other, he was side lined with the Bevell comments early during the town hall, where he was said to be running by committee which he didn't like. I am sure as an organization they were always looking at moving away from him and trying to build the team around RW and providing tools like Harvin. When Harvin went south, they ended up relying on Lynch again and he still gave his heart and soul to the team. Yes, its a job, its money and all that and I get the expectation of what we have of Lynch. But if he felt that the organization tried to stick it to him, he has every right to take some time and think it through and make the Seahawks wait for a while.