Who's your favorite "no name" Seahawk of all time?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Not your Steve largents or Cortez Kennedy's.... But guys that are probably off the radar for most. (Mostly this is a chance to reminisce about some guys that never get talked about).

I really liked the linebacker Tracy white who was here for a couple seasons. Not even sure why, I must have seen him make a play in preseason or something that got me excited.

Marquis weeks, another preseason super star, I remember him and Leonard weaver going off one preseason. He's also responsible for one if my all time favorite football quotes: "I was just running like I was running from the police." Or something along those lines.

Michael boulware, loved both he and his brother at Florida state, was pretty stoked when we drafted him. Thought he was going to be the next Kenny Easley. Career started pretty well, but fizzled out pretty fast.

Lastly, another safety, Robert Blackmon. Actually loved that whole draft class: Tez, terry wooden, Chris warren and Robert Blackmon.

Tical21

Reaction score
Does Skansi count? Loved DJ Hackett. When I was little it was probably Terry Taylor. Just liked his name I think.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Sam Adkins. '77-'83.

More Seahawks fans wear his number than anyone else's, and he remains the only Seahawks QB to have his number retired, but very few fans know anything about him.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I am going with Hugh McKinnis. He lives in Kitsap County now.

I worked at my dads service station until 1992. After Hugh retired, he worked as a delivery driver at Rainier Beer. They had an account at my dads station. So I saw him several times a week. Really cool guy.

While with the Hawks, he wore #37.

Mckinnis

Here's a pretty good write up about him.

http://www.beckys-place.com/mckinnis.html

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sean Salisbury, the Preseason Wonder QB.

Also, Heath Farwell, and the goal line play he made against the Rams to save the win in '13.
This year, Brock Coyle.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2rvpgzqr said:
Itula Mili
I don't hate Seahawks but Mili rubbed me the wrong way. Injured for most of his career he sponged millions off the team, something like 8 catches in 3 years, then had one half decent season after which he held out for more money. What a waste of time.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Clint Gresham. The long snapper for two Super Bowl seasons in a row. His name never makes the recap, and for a long snapper there's no bigger compliment than not being mentioned.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Sherman Smith.
Not sure if he's "no name", but only old school fans know him.
He coached me in HS right after he retired, and he now coaches the RB's.

kjreid

Reaction score
David Sims was a great running back in the 1st couple of years for the Seahawks until he got hurt. he was a pounder and him and Sherman Smith shared carries.

halps80

Reaction score
Steve Broussard, Michael Pritchard, and Darryl Williams - I'll never forget being in the Kingdome and watching him absolutely destroy Ricky Dudley on a slant. It was absolutely Chancelloresque.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
halps80":oxiwwu3x said:
Steve Broussard, Michael Pritchard, and Darryl Williams - I'll never forget being in the Kingdome and watching him absolutely destroy Ricky Dudley on a slant. It was absolutely Chancelloresque.

Darryl is one of my favorites, a great hitter on a difficult to watch team. If Chancellor played by the rules 15-20 years ago he would be murdering dudes.

seahawks187

Reaction score
The hammer ken Hamlin lol .. Shawn Springs .. MoMo Maurice Morris .. Rocky Bernard .. Bobby Engram (idk if he counts in this) still mention him here cus he deserves it

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
Russell Wilson (felt like a no name the first few weeks) Leonard Weaver
Justin Forsett
Brandon Browner
All favorites from the first time I saw them in preseason.

Marquand Manuel for when he stepped in for Ken Hamlin.

Pete Hunter was one because I flew to Seattle for my first game there. He was signed the day I arrived and I saw his loan officer story. I joked about him pre game, then he seemingly shut down T.O.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Great topic! I have a few:

The Kaz - Loved his intensity and prowess. I always thought he should've been a starter at ILB

Jerheme Urban - I don't know why, but I thought he was a stud. I was really bummed when DJ Hackett beat him out in TC

Pete Hunter - The 2006 post season wonder. Signed off the street to help our depleted CBs. Had an extremely solid game against Dallas. Didn't make the cut the next offseason.

Joe Jurevicius - Possibly one of my top 3 Hawks of all time. Loved his game and his one season here. I was really upset when Cleveland signed him the next year. I'll never forget his catch and run in SB XL, where he took a defender one on one, literally flipped over the guys back, and went for like another 15 yards. I've never found a replay of it since

pehawk

Reaction score
Jay Bellamy

Tony Woods

Ray Roberts (for defending a cheap shot on Mirer)

Alex Bannister for beating the Bronco's/blocking a punt

Feagles

Lamar Smith