Jesse Williams DT Seahawks.

motivated87

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any updates on his recovery?
Will he ever play Football again?
He reminds of Lofa Tatupu,His body doesn't look to be strong enough to play in the NFL.

I really like what he brings on the line.

kidhawk

Reaction score
He pops up on my twitter feed from time to time. Always talking about how he's working to get himself ready for next year. No status type updates, but he is working out quite a bit, so I'd guess he should be ready to go for us this year. Whether he has the skills to actually play regularly for us is yet to be seen.

OP
OP
M

motivated87

Reaction score
Cool.He would like nice to Bane and hill.if he is able to come back.He and hill would be the future. In my opinion

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Heart of a lion, knees that are genuinely messed up, ACL and bone on bone cartilage issues. Knocking the rust off his game that has been on hold for two seasons and 1 and and bit training camps doesn't bode well for a successful return.

He of course wants to play but has now missed two consecutive seasons due to repeat knee injuries. The knee issues are what dropped him from a top 75 pick to a mid 5th round to a take a chance of him eventually becoming healthy type pick. I remain hopeful but we all need to be realistic. Even if he returned he'd have some serious limitations, unless some microfracture miracle has happened to both his knees.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1fseu0ym said:
Heart of a lion, knees that are genuinely messed up, ACL and bone on bone cartilage issues. Knocking the rust off his game that has been on hold for two seasons and 1 and and bit training camps doesn't bode well for a successful return.

He of course wants to play but has now missed two consecutive seasons due to repeat knee injuries. The knee issues are what dropped him from a top 75 pick to a mid 5th round to a take a chance of him eventually becoming healthy type pick. I remain hopeful but we all need to be realistic. Even if he returned he'd have some serious limitations, unless some microfracture miracle has happened to both his knees.

Yes, between injuries and basically out of football for so long, he's got a long road to playing in the NFL, let alone making an impact.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
You guys are far too kind. He may have the heart of a lion, but even when he played in preseason games he was a total poof. His legs are skinny and he plays too tall.

I'd happily buy him a beer and drink to his health, but he isn't just done...he never was. Get over it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
What's the data on the bone-on-bone cartilage issues? ACL's are one thing, but just having no cartilage left in key spots in the knee joint--that sounds like a really bad thing. Anyone got links that explains specifics of what Jesse Williams is actually dealing with, injury wise?

Lanakila

Reaction score
I swear I saw him walking into Coal Creek Safeway the other day. Is he working out here?

kf3339

Reaction score
I was so hopeful that Williams would be another 5th round steal for us, but now just don't see it. It was always somewhat of a long shot considering his past injuries, and his physique. What has been stated about him being top-heavy is so true and not what you want at all in an interior DT player.

My hope was that perhaps he could become a Red Bryant 2.0, but no just don't know.

Greenhell

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1216sh1z said:
You guys are far too kind. He may have the heart of a lion, but even when he played in preseason games he was a total poof. His legs are skinny and he plays too tall.

I'd happily buy him a beer and drink to his health, but he isn't just done...he never was. Get over it.

Thank you. Never understood what all the hype was for this kid from some of the faithful here.

King Dog

Reaction score
Greenhell":mczhy54t said:
MysterMatt":mczhy54t said:

Thank you. Never understood what all the hype was for this kid from some of the faithful here.

No offense, but why is he on the sideline during the Super Bowl? It appears the FO hasn't written him off yet.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I doubt he'll ever play a meaningful game for the Hawks. A lot of potential, but his body can't make it in the NFL. Too many health issues and he's missed 2 seasons of development.

netskier

Reaction score
Kobe Bryant went to Dusseldorf to regrow cartilage in his knee, with good results. Ablation of bone spurs, filtering of synovial fluid, injection of stem cells, injection of hgh into the knee joint, possibly other growth factors, platelet reinforced plasma, et al. Do the Seahawks utilize European medical technologies, or just US ones?

olyfan63

Reaction score
netskier":fh19qox0 said:
Kobe Bryant went to Dusseldorf to regrow cartilage in his knee, with good results. Ablation of bone spurs, filtering of synovial fluid, injection of stem cells, injection of hgh into the knee joint, possibly other growth factors, platelet reinforced plasma, et al. Do the Seahawks utilize European medical technologies, or just US ones?

Sidney Rice went to Switzerland for his knee treatments. Pete Carroll says, "That’s how we do it here. It’s kind of global."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... lIUzAwMV8x

As it turned out, Sidney Rice played about half the following season, before ripping up his ACL during the regular season leading up to the Hawks SB48 win, and then attempted a comeback from the ACL, but ultimately decided to retire, citing ongoing concussion issues. Also, the Hawks cut him and then resigned him for $1M. It appears Rice made a business decision that instead of $8M per year for the risk, $1M was a whole different deal.

So, we can take away from this, the Switzerland knee procedure more or less worked, but the concussion risk/reward for a $1M payday wasn't worth it to a guy who probably had about $20M or more in the bank by this time.

So as far as Jesse Williams, it's time for the Jim Carrey video clip from Dumb and Dumber... "So you're telling me there's a chance??!! Yessss!!!" That's about what Monstar's odds are of playing a meaningful NFL game, with the help of European medicine, I'd say, about even with the Seahawks' chances of beating the GB Packers with 5 minutes after Wilson's 4th pick. So there's a chance.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":7s6mtjqn said:

Yep, he wasn't very impressive in the few plays we've seen him but what was going on with his knees then?

Pete n' John drafted him and saw something that intrigued them in Jesse worth taking a chance he could become healthy. Like you I suspect he'll be a never was but Pete n' John have been right far too often about players that initially looked like schlubs but turned out. Some examples still on the team are Hill who took basically almost 2 seasons to look like he could be a quality interior DT, Sweezy who's made the jump from being a late pick to being a successful RG, and Maxwell who has developed from being JAG to now being a high quality CB.

Meanwhile though Jesse has had two seasons away from football so his physical skills have a lot of rust and he has a physical limitation of weak knees/legs so the odds are stacked pretty high against him. Given the injuries that and the poor technique you rightfully noticed he has a steep hill to climb to even make the team this upcoming season. There is no doubt he will need to have strengthened his legs to play at this level even if he was a solid college player. Jesse is an extraordinarily physically strong man and that helps at his position. I hope he finally is healthy enough so he can play and we can see if he has the real ability to play at a higher level than what his body has allowed to now. It takes guts to work through successive knee injuries and to play with little no cartilage in your knees.

Time will tell and if he didn't work he looked to be a potential top 75 guy but never was able to play the game as a pro and only cost the team a 5th rd pick. Staten looks to be another that could be a whiff but the team have kept him around as they must see something they like. He may also be a never ever was b/c his college game wasn't impressive like Jesse's.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
At this point its probably best to assume we will get nothing from Williams, and if he does make a successful return then it's all gravy.

His lower body strength was a big question mark before, and now with all these injuries it will be that much harder for him to get to an NFL-quality level.

Good luck to the Monstar

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
And to think he almost had two superbowl rings riding the injured reserve train.

Dude was damaged when we got him and never will be repaired enough to stick. We will cut him this camp.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'm not rooting against him, I'm just saying I don't think he was ever anything but a long shot and he's gone the wrong direction since being drafted. He's under contract at the moment, so for now it seems he will be in camp, but I fully expect that he won't be on the team in September unless he gets injured again.