Lynch isnt loyal to Seattle, how about Suh?

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Listening to either KJR or 710 this morning, dont remember which show, I heard the situation we are in with Lynch compared to the situation Green Bay was in with Brett Farve for a number of years. They said Brett would hold the team hostage every offseason because he was so damn non-commital in the offseason from year to year.

The question I have is this, does Lynch even care about Seattle or his fans here? Because honestly I dont know if he does. Is there any tangible evidence anywhere that proves he wants to be a part of this team next year? Do we want to be held hostage by his dead silent approach year after year?

Honestly, I love Beastmode, but I think we should let him playout his contract, if he Retires..draft Gurley or somebody else. Go get Suh for the difference. Hell at least we know Suh desires to be here, and I dont think the Running game is going to take that big of a hit without Lynch. With a healthy RG3, Washington, not Seattle, had the best rushing game in the NFL. The dual threat of RW+good RB= Great rushing attack, with or without Lynch.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I don't think that's a fair statement at all. I think loves it here, loves his teammates and the fans. But he gets the drug kicked out of him every single week and has given up his body for this game. I don't think someone does what he does and plays the way he plays unless they love what they do.

Lynch is a different type of guy and he needs to do what's best for him. He can't let others reactions and feelings sway his own best interests. Like Schneider said yesterday, he needs to figure it out because it takes a lot to get his mind and body for the beating it will take the upcoming season.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Who cares if he loves Seattle or the fans? He plays hard when it matters.

This emo stuff is silly.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I think caring about his teammates is as 'loyal' as Lynch gets. Next comes family and his home city of Oaktown. I'm pretty sure he could care less for the Seahawks organization because of his general distrust of authority. Whoever said the team should 'let him play out his contract' hasn't been paying attention. Schneider already said that if he decides to stay it won't be under the current structure. He either reworks it, or he won't be here.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Marshawn is a loyal dude who goes all out every time he steps on the field. Exactly what you want in a no bs athlete.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3haxfabv said:

This emo stuff is silly.

Why is it emo to question if he has any loyalty for the organization and fanbase that he plays for? I think its a legit question. Dont you think if he holds out late into the offseason its going to impact the decisions that will be made in free agency and the draft?

If his indecision is based on wear and tear than why in the hell are we looking to lock him down for several years and spend all this money on him?

I think the only reason he hasnt signed on the dotted line is due to loyalty, of which i think he is severely lacking.

It sucks to feel this way about it, but like I asked, is there any evidence anywhere that Lynch WANTS to be a Seahawk?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Loyal to Oakland? I was born in Oakland at the beginning of WWII. I arrived in Tacoma the summer of 1948......but I'm still a loyal Seahawk fan. Personally, I don't think that Marshawn appreciates the fans questioning his loyalty.

IrishNW

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":1dxv93uj said:
Listening to either KJR or 710 this morning, dont remember which show, I heard the situation we are in with Lynch compared to the situation Green Bay was in with Brett Farve for a number of years. They said Brett would hold the team hostage every offseason because he was so damn non-commital in the offseason from year to year.

The question I have is this, does Lynch even care about Seattle or his fans here? Because honestly I dont know if he does. Is there any tangible evidence anywhere that proves he wants to be a part of this team next year? Do we want to be held hostage by his dead silent approach year after year?

Honestly, I love Beastmode, but I think we should let him playout his contract, if he Retires..draft Gurley or somebody else. Go get Suh for the difference. Hell at least we know Suh desires to be here, and I dont think the Running game is going to take that big of a hit without Lynch. With a healthy RG3, Washington, not Seattle, had the best rushing game in the NFL. The dual threat of RW+good RB= Great rushing attack, with or without Lynch.

Do you care about Lynch and his compressed vertebrae in his back? Or do you just want him to get you another superbowl at the cost of his health?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":18t6zpf0 said:
Scottemojo":18t6zpf0 said:

This emo stuff is silly.

Why is it emo to question if he has any loyalty for the organization and fanbase that he plays for? I think its a legit question. Dont you think if he holds out late into the offseason its going to impact the decisions that will be made in free agency and the draft?

If his indecision is based on wear and tear than why in the hell are we looking to lock him down for several years and spend all this money on him?

I think the only reason he hasnt signed on the dotted line is due to loyalty, of which i think he is severely lacking.

It sucks to feel this way about it, but like I asked, is there any evidence anywhere that Lynch WANTS to be a Seahawk?
How many touchdowns did he have last year? Did the Hawks get their money's worth? They certainly did. So how can a single person blame Lynch for wanting to get paid? Besides, he is under contract for one more year anyway.

You summed it up in your last sentence. It sucks to feel this way. Why do you need evidence Lynch wants to be a Hawk? So you feel better?

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
IrishNW":36i1b22c said:
12thManHawkFan":36i1b22c said:

Do you care about Lynch and his compressed vertebrae in his back? Or do you just want him to get you another superbowl at the cost of his health?

Did I say marshawn should suck it up and honor his contract that he signed? Didnt think so, but hey thanks for your presumptions.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":j8rmb2gg said:
12thManHawkFan":j8rmb2gg said:
Scottemojo":j8rmb2gg said:

This emo stuff is silly.

How many touchdowns did he have last year? Did the Hawks get their money's worth? They certainly did. So how can a single person blame Lynch for wanting to get paid? Besides, he is under contract for one more year anyway.

You summed it up in your last sentence. It sucks to feel this way. Why do you need evidence Lynch wants to be a Hawk? So you feel better?

Ya i want to feel better about it, I love this team, and want to know what his problem is. He held out last season for more money, well he has an offer now...now what is the problem?

I was completely estatic when the news broke before the Superbowl about his extention and the fact that he hasnt even uttered a single word about his intentions yet is a bit of a slap in the face.

Who doesnt want to feel better about the team right now, why are you being so condescending about the topic, this is THE conversation that is being slammed down our throats right now.

Hyak

Reaction score
Discussions like this that stem from the media are exactly why Beast Mode hates talking to the media. Speculative BS.

We are less than two weeks past the end of the season. Guys need time to decompress. It's not like the Hawks are going to sign a FA RB like Murray so the realistic target for Lynch to let them know whether he's in or out is in April before the draft.

I have no problem with them adjusting his contract to reward him for playing great ball. If he decides to retire, so be it but I cannot blame him if he does as he always has given his best for the team and fans. Given the style of play and his position, I would not blame him one bit for retiring too soon instead of too late.

IrishNW

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":6u86wxic said:
IrishNW":6u86wxic said:
12thManHawkFan":6u86wxic said:

Did I say marshawn should suck it up and honor his contract that he signed? Didnt think so, but hey thanks for your presumptions.

I'm not the one questioning Marshawn Lynch loyalty to his teammates and the city he plays for. The dude plays through pain every game for us and you are asking if he cares?

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
IrishNW":3tgoyelc said:
12thManHawkFan":3tgoyelc said:
IrishNW":3tgoyelc said:
12thManHawkFan":3tgoyelc said:

I'm not the one questioning Marshawn Lynch loyalty to his teammates and the city he plays for. The dude plays through pain every game for us and you are asking if he cares?

Dude you are half reading everything that I am writing. I said no doubt he loves his football and his teammates.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Why not give the guy a chance before we come to any conclusion.
We haven't gotten over the Superbowl yet and here we are, already, trying to pass judgment on a so far non-issue.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
The title of this thread reads like click-bate on bleacher report and the content is even worse. Does the man not deserve the benefit of the doubt for all he's done for us as fans and for all he's provided for the team? You seem awfully quick to move on and shift allegiances to a player that's never worn the blue and green with a track record of being a real a-hole on the field. Shawn is the heart and soul of the team and you don't easily replace that. Give the dude some time and relax.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Stoicmofo":3bqu4v87 said:

This emo stuff is silly.

Got to admit it makes me feel a little warm and fuzzy when I hear Russ say stuff like 'I want to play for Seattle forever'. Loyalty is a desirable trait, granted on an emotional level.

jake206

Reaction score
Lynch isn't loyal to Seattle? Uh are you sure about that? :shock:

H2STmEC.gif