Super Bowl Reflection

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawk fans be proud.

Some posts have asked why Wright was on Gronk, I think it's obvious that Kam was limited in his running, Wright was the next best option.

Some have said that Sherman wasn't tested and that his arm had no effect, I disagree, Sherm is one of the best at run support and helping on sealing crossing patterns and tackling, he could not wrap up well. That does effect the swing passes to the Halfback.

Kam while making tackles to the unfamiliar eye was not himself, his leg created a situation where he lost a lot of follow thru and leverage, nobody was blown up or made to pay, he was tackling on guts and upper body strength.

Earl, we didn't see a lot of Earl coming in to knock balls lose and level players, his shoulder was keeping him from playing at full speed.

Jeron Johnson, had a similar injury so we didn't see him.

Simon, same situation along with a hand injury.

Lane, unexpected event with him breaking his arm, Burley inactive, who would have thought that would happen.

Britt, nobody has brought this up but he was injured the previous week and just started to participate, I have not heard but our TE's not being in the game so to speak I wonder how healthy he was and if we kept then TE's in for help the whole game.

Avril another unexpected event you can't plan for.

All in all I think Pete and the guys played for two reasons.

They worked hard to get there and if they could get on the field they were going to play.

The more important one, if you declare them unable to play Brady has a field day with the unproven back ups, not know how bad our guys were hurt Brady had to be conservative and not test them in the biggest game of the year, if they were all good to go a pick or a pick 6 could be the result and the game could get out of hand quickly.

Most important the Rouse worked, they played well enough to challenge, just not be difference makers so to speak and take the game over. A healthy backfield and those routes to those small receivers get blown up by Earl, Kam and Lane. The would not be going to them as bread and butter. The HB dumps for the yards would be shut down much earlier with a healthy Sherm and again blown up by Kam in Earl in clean up.

The one play that sealed the deal was not even on the players, that is the saddest part of the whole day. Take away that play call and run just about anything else that isn't a crossing pattern or a slant there other then a bubble screen and we score even if that first play fails.

So Seahawks fans, be proud, the Patriots won the game, but the guys out there that played gave everything and then some. The Patriots and their fans will never admit that the win was gifted to them, playing with heart and toughness our team took them as far as they could possibly want, only a bone headed play call made the difference.

We don't have the trophy this year, but I dare anyone to state that our team did not play like a Champion,and have the Heart of a Champion.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
chris98251":33fhrpp6 said:
Hawk fans be proud.

Some posts have asked why Wright was on Gronk, I think it's obvious that Kam was limited in his running, Wright was the next best option.

Some have said that Sherman wasn't tested and that his arm had no effect, I disagree, Sherm is one of the best at run support and helping on sealing crossing patterns and tackling, he could not wrap up well. That does effect the swing passes to the Halfback.

Kam while making tackles to the unfamiliar eye was not himself, his leg created a situation where he lost a lot of follow thru and leverage, nobody was blown up or made to pay, he was tackling on guts and upper body strength.

Earl, we didn't see a lot of Earl coming in to knock balls lose and level players, his shoulder was keeping him from playing at full speed.

Lane, unexpected event with him breaking his arm, Burley inactive, who would have thought that would happen.

Britt, nobody has brought this up but he was injured the previous week and just started to participate, I have not heard but our TE's not being in the game so to speak I wonder how healthy he was and if we kept then TE's in for help the whole game.

They worked hard to get there and if they could get on the field they were going to play.

The more important one, if you declare them unable to play Brady has a field day with the unproven back ups, not know how bad our guys were hurt Brady had to be conservative and not test them in the biggest game of the year, if they were all good to go a pick or a pick 6 could be the result and the game could get out of hand quickly.

Most important the Rouse worked, they played well enough to challenge, just not be difference makers so to speak and take the game over. A healthy backfield and those routes to those small receivers get blown up by Earl, Kam and Lane. The would not be going to them as bread and butter. The HB dumps for the yards would be shut down much earlier with a healthy Sherm and again blown up by Kam in Earl in clean up.

The one play that sealed the deal was not even on the players, that is the saddest part of the whole day. Take away that play call and run just about anything else that isn't a crossing pattern or a slant there other then a bubble screen and we score even if that first play fails.

So Seahawks fans, be proud, the Patriots won the game, but the guys out there that played gave everything and then some. The Patriots and their fans will never admit that the win was gifted to them, playing with heart and toughness our team took them as far as they could possibly want, only a bone headed play call made the difference.

We don't have the trophy this year, but I dare anyone to state that our team did not play like a Champion,and have the Heart of a Champion.

Gifted? Please understand that it is a team game. There will be injuries. Pats played without starting RB, best linebacker and our remaining best linebacker had a torn labrum. The key is managing a roster so we bring on a guy like Butler instead of Thurman or whatever that d backs name is that replaced Lane.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bostonhardo":149m9o3x said:
Gifted? Please understand that it is a team game. There will be injuries. Pats played without starting RB, best linebacker and our remaining best linebacker had a torn labrum. The key is managing a roster so we bring on a guy like Butler instead of Thurman or whatever that d backs name is that replaced Lane.

Nobody wants you here.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
This thread wasn't about your team it's about ours.

Secondly unappreciative and unwilling to admit that you were more then just Lucky, It was a Gift, be appreciative accept it.

The thread is about the Heart of this team playing thru what would have sidelined many players and they willed themselves to play.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
bostonhardon and these other pats fans must appreciate the Hawks sites more than their own teams sites...then again their win is already forgotten. Maybe I will start an account on a pats site and post with the other 4 members...

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1dfq1wc2 said:
bostonhardo":1dfq1wc2 said:

Nobody wants you here.

I don't recall any of the other teams' fans sticking around so long after the fact...especially the ones that beat us.

Seriously, you won. It's over. Leave us to our mourning, our dissecting, our stages of grief. We don't need the Pats Fans Peanut Gallery jumping in to argue every time someone points out that the game was within our grasp and we gave it away. Do you really think we're going to ever say otherwise?

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3nveocnf said:
bostonhardo":3nveocnf said:

Nobody wants you here.
Love you man.

Seriously though you are right and no more comments from me concerning Pats. As I said in another thread I will follow Hawks fans posts because the parallel between the Pats of 04 and the current Hawks is interesting. I don't often go to the Pats board because frankly it sucks. I find no interest in blowhards talking about how great their team is whether true or not.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bostonhardo":3lckoz7g said:
chris98251":3lckoz7g said:
Hawk fans be proud.

Yes gifted, are you blind? You knew the game was lost for you chumps when we had it on the half yardline, until tweedledumb our OC brainfarted. Bevell wants to know why he didn't get the keys to the MVP a truck as he was truly the patsies MVP, and when his patriots super bowl ring will be showing up?

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3q74f70z said:
bostonhardo":3q74f70z said:
chris98251":3q74f70z said:
Hawk fans be proud.

Yes gifted, are you blind? You knew the game was lost for you chumps when we had it on the half yardline, until tweedledumb our OC brainfarted. Bevell wants to know why he didn't get the keys to the MVP a truck as he was truly the patsies MVP, and when his patriots super bowl ring will be showing up?

In the words of HOF coach Bill Parcels. " you are what you are".

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bostonhardo":29rnted0 said:
Sports Hernia":29rnted0 said:
bostonhardo":29rnted0 said:
chris98251":29rnted0 said:
Hawk fans be proud.

You are lucky this isn't in the shack........... but your posts are very telling.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
bostonhardo":hasm4h98 said:
Sports Hernia":hasm4h98 said:
bostonhardo":hasm4h98 said:
chris98251":hasm4h98 said:
Hawk fans be proud.

The better team, but not as good at OC. Yep that's true.

Rob12

Reaction score
bostonhardo":3nw66xsy said:
chris98251":3nw66xsy said:
Hawk fans be proud.

Is "given away" better? Every person in the nation aside from Patriots fans knows the Hawks gave that one away. Lynch gets the rock and you guys lose.

This is not hard to comprehend.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Rob12":2cmd0qz5 said:
bostonhardo":2cmd0qz5 said:
chris98251":2cmd0qz5 said:
Hawk fans be proud.

Is "given away" better? Every person in the nation aside from Patriots fans knows the Hawks gave that one away. Lynch gets the rock and you guys lose.

This is not hard to comprehend.

By your logic Green bay are the real SB champs.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Boston... there is a much bigger difference than melting down through the entirety of the game versus one play. While the Packers had, at what appeared, an insurmountable lead, they played like ass offensively for most of the game. Then the Seahawks just straightened up.

This was two very evenly matched teams playing a very, very good football game that came down to one play. If Patriots fans want to say they "took it" then so be it. If Hawks fans want to say they "lost it" it can be argued with equal points.

The Packers never belonged to a 16-0 or 19-7 lead. It was always being given to them. When it wasn't, when they had to win the game on their own. They could not.

kearly

Reaction score
bostonhardo":39bi1718 said:
Gifted? Please understand that it is a team game. There will be injuries. Pats played without starting RB.

That's silly. Blount is far and away the best RB on your team. Even if Ridley were active he would have seen 1 or 2 snaps at most.

Besides, Seattle would have blown NE out had the Pats made the game about running the ball instead of masterfully exploiting the two weak spots on our defense (Tharold Simon and KJ Wright).

I laughed all week hearing so called experts predict Blount would get 30 carries. It was clear to anyone with a decent football IQ that Belichick was going to have Brady throw 50 times. I have always had immense respect for Brady and Belichick, I knew what they had to do to have a chance to beat Seattle and they did exactly that.

Every now and then Seattle will lose to a team they should beat because our team gets brutally outcoached. That doesn't diminish what New England did, but lets not pretend that New England has the better roster. Brady and Belichick did their thing, and Bevell did his thing. And my issues with Seattle's game management and game plan extend way beyond that last playcall.