First post - new fan

FrasierCrane

Reaction score
hello all - first time poster, life time St. Louis resident. I started following the seahawks recently because of the rivalry with the Rams and seattle is my favorite city in the country - and I'm definitely a fan now. All your players, especially sherman and chancellor seem like real good guys. The fact that they get torched in the media actually makes me like them a lot more.

Anyway, I am a Rams fan, but it's becoming almost unbearable at this point - not because they don't win, because I'm sure they will get good soon - maybe next year even, but the owner is threatening to move/buying land in LA and the players openly talk about how they want to play in LA, not to mention the Rams forum has been taken over by LA residents mocking STL residents. I cannot root passionately for a team that seems to hate my hometown.

Seattle fans seem to be one of the most hardcore and knowledgable fans in football, so I'm hoping to start posting here and be welcomed in as a seahawks fan (even though I'm not going to completely abandon the Rams until they for sure move out of St. Louis).

Here's to a great and redemptive 2015 season.

marko358

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm sort of in the same boat. Lifetime Raiders fan that's had the hardest time getting excited about them in over a decade now. Moved out to Seattle in 2011 and quickly fell in love with this cast of characters. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the Raiders and feel they may be finally stepping in the right direction but it's hard not to be goo-goo over these Hawks. I love defense and to see such a dominating force right in my new hometown is quite exciting.

chris98251

Reaction score
Welcome to .Net, we have more then a few Rams fans and other fan bases that post here regularly, if it's Seahawks related or the opponent of the week it can go here, if it's concerning say the Rams and were not playing them it goes into the NFL Forum. Smack well we have the Smack Shack for that.

OP
OP
F

FrasierCrane

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. First seahawks sweatshirt is arriving in the mail thursday.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
welcome...would suck to be a native St. Louis resident and having your team and owner wanting out of there...

OP
OP
F

FrasierCrane

Reaction score
Cyrus12":296yz202 said:
welcome...would suck to be a native St. Louis resident and having your team and owner wanting out of there...

Thanks - yea, it's rather irritating especially given how bad they've been for a decade, they're going to use lack of fan support to leave. Part of the reason why I started liking the seahawks is that they constantly praise seattle and their fans, which is what a team should do.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. As someone that participates in forums on the reg, you have come to one of the more knowledgeable sports forum I've ever been apart of. You won't catch much flack from Hawks fans for being a new fan. I can tell you this, if people do bother you about being bandwagon, prove you aren't. Simple as that. A bandwagon fan jumps from winning team to winning team, not jumping to a winning team and staying put. Every fan has to start somewhere, right? Support the Hawks as if you always have, and be as big of a die-hard fan for the Hawks as you were for your former team. That said, I feel for all the St.Louis fans, for the reasons Cyrus mentioned. That sucks.

Snowprince

Reaction score
FrasierCrane":3d1gz51v said:
hello all - first time poster, life time St. Louis resident. I started following the seahawks recently because of the rivalry with the Rams and seattle is my favorite city in the country - and I'm definitely a fan now. All your players, especially sherman and chancellor seem like real good guys. The fact that they get torched in the media actually makes me like them a lot more.

Anyway, I am a Rams fan, but it's becoming almost unbearable at this point - not because they don't win, because I'm sure they will get good soon - maybe next year even, but the owner is threatening to move/buying land in LA and the players openly talk about how they want to play in LA, not to mention the Rams forum has been taken over by LA residents mocking STL residents. I cannot root passionately for a team that seems to hate my hometown.

Seattle fans seem to be one of the most hardcore and knowledgable fans in football, so I'm hoping to start posting here and be welcomed in as a seahawks fan (even though I'm not going to completely abandon the Rams until they for sure move out of St. Louis).

Here's to a great and redemptive 2015 season.

Fellow newbie here, Frasier.

I can feel your pain about the Rams. Even though I'm a Niner fan, I grew up in L.A. in the shadow of the Coliseum just before and during the "Fearsome Foursome" era. Our teams had some great battles there and I was there for most of them. I well remember the angst when Georgia decided to move the team to St Louis. I saw how hard that hit the hardcore Ram fans and i was pretty bummed about the NFL leaving myself. St. Louis is a great sports town and It would be a shame to lose a second NFL team and go through that again. L.A. has lost three (four if you count the USFL Express) and I wouldn't wish that on anybody. I hope the Rams stay put.

RedAlice

Reaction score
FrasierCrane":1i3jq5as said:
Cyrus12":1i3jq5as said:

Thanks - yea, it's rather irritating especially given how bad they've been for a decade, they're going to use lack of fan support to leave. Part of the reason why I started liking the seahawks is that they constantly praise seattle and their fans, which is what a team should do.

Welcome!! If you are for real, happy to meet you here. I get slammed constantly by Rams fans for not hating the Hawks.

As to St. Louis, I am an LA Rams fan who travels to St. Louis to see the Rams. I am absolutely bothered by the lack of support I personally see in St. Louis and I compare them to the Eagles - Philly loves their team. As does Seattle, yes.

But, it's really starting to bother me that St. Louis fans act like only they have suffered through the last decade+ of Rams sucking - just because they are in St. Louis does not mean that only St. Louis fans support them through the losing. There is no "woe is me I'm from St. Louis so I suffer" card.

Reference that BS article Shane G just published yesterday. Supporting the Rams as they have been losing is a Rams fan thing - not a city thing.

And, no, they are not using lack of fan support to leave. Kroenke will stay or go based on his personal $$$ only. Fans matter zero in this decsion.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Cyrus12":om2d3bu0 said:

No worse than being an LA fan and having your team and owner want out of there.....St. Louis residents did not care about LA fans in 1994. Zero sympathy for them now.

Reference what now MO. Gov Nixon is quoted as saying in 1994: he supported an owner moving a team because they want to. Said the NFL had no right to stop them. Now, he says the opposite.

OP
OP
F

FrasierCrane

Reaction score
Thanks again everyone. My wife and I are hoping to take a trip this fall/winter and start in Portland and drive up to seattle and the vancouver. Hopefully we can catch a seahawks game during that time.

And red Alice - I get what you're saying and commend you for being a Rams fan regardless of location, but that's just not me. I don't really view the team as some part of my family or anything, so if they're gonna be out of St. Louis or disrespect the city, I can't stay on board with that.

RedAlice

Reaction score
FrasierCrane":vlaokyjo said:
Thanks again everyone. My wife and I are hoping to take a trip this fall/winter and start in Portland and drive up to seattle and the vancouver. Hopefully we can catch a seahawks game during that time.

And red Alice - I get what you're saying and commend you for being a Rams fan regardless of location, but that's just not me. I don't really view the team as some part of my family or anything, so if they're gonna be out of St. Louis or disrespect the city, I can't stay on board with that.

Well, it seems like you don't have to. You've chosen to pick the team in the NFC W who is winning the most rather than stay with a team who is not winning. And since you don't live in Seattle, none of that has to do with St. Louis or choosing to suport a team because they are where you live. Hope you commit and will be a true fan to the Hawks.

Enjoy!

RedAlice

Reaction score
BTW, FC - not picking on you. Just exhausted by the constant hateful St. Louis fans.

I think it would be GREAT if all of the St. Louis fans who won't support the Rams if they are not in St. Louis just abandon ship right now and become Hawk fans. That would be wonderful!!!! :thirishdrinkers:

Then Peacock could stop his plan, and the Rams are to LA.

:th2thumbs:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Since this is where the Newbies are hanging out, I'd just like to give a big ol' handshake to FrasierCrane. Glad we're coming in together at the same time.

Speaking of your namesake, did you hear Eisen in the pregame show say how happy Frazier would have been with the SB49 matchup since he could claim both cities as his own? :p

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Welcome, and if it make you feel any better before we had a Seahawk Team I think the majority of Washingtonians were Rams fans because of the west coast loyalty, with the rest split between the Packers, Vikings, probably because of our large Scandinavian population. I had a LA Rams Gym bag I was proud of. This was back in the days of Roman Gabriel, Jack Youngblood, and Jack Snow. The 49rs and Raiders were not liked by us, even way back then.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
And don't feel so far removed because of where you live. There are Seahawk fan groups in nearly every state. We ran into a bunch who live in SO Cal while visiting Disneyland, all of them wearing their Seahawk Jerseys on our day in the park. Now I'm a friend with them on their very active facebook page. I'm sure there is something similar where you live.

OP
OP
F

FrasierCrane

Reaction score
Siouhawk - haha, no, I didn't hear him so that, but that's awesome. I bet fraiser would have been rooting for the seahawks since they were always referenced on fraiser, but the patriots were rarely referenced in cheers.

Spiritof12 - thanks. I actually moved out east recently and I've run into a few seahawks fans, but not many. Hopefully I can go see them in baltimore this year.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Im not surprised to hear that the Seahawks are gaining fans from outside the Pacific Northwest. These are no longer the Seachickens, Seahags, Seagulls, and every other dirogotory name they earned during those awlful Ken Berring years. This is now a team that demands respect, and is feard, whether we're coming to your town, or you to ours. And who has fans like the 12s? Nobody travels as well to away games. Who makes sure their 12 Flag is packed in their luggage as they leave for a vacation to Europe, or tour of duty in Afganistan? WE DO.

djb28

Reaction score
What right does the LA fan base have to talk smack. Haven't they ruined every Football team they have had there?