Norton new Raiders DC

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Well...

Good for Ken. That's a good bump for him.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm just glad I have a reason to kind of hate the Raiders again.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm sure it'll be on PFT in like 10 minutes. I follow a lot of the beat reporters in Oakland...they're reporting it. I'm not good at linking.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Good hire for Del Rio since he'll be running the defensive side anyway. Norton will give his team the right attitude.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Why in the hell didn't Pete make Norton our DC? Would've been a perfect fit IMO. What a stupid move letting him go.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":2xtpjx74 said:
Not me given I pray for anybody in that division to do anything about Denver. If that means the Raiders being an actual NFL level football team again so be it. In fact I would like to see the AFC in general get far more competitive because it's ridiculous that the same 4-5 teams have been going to the Superbowl for the last 15 or more years.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ShaunPope":ntierhu5 said:
Why in the hell didn't Pete make Norton our DC? Would've been a perfect fit IMO. What a stupid move letting him go.

He either guaranteed the DC job to Richard to get him to stay or he is set on another outside hire.

Norton really set the tone for this defense, even more than Richard, who is also an amazing coach.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ShaunPope":osdcgm5i said:

Over Kris Richard?

Assistants come, then go, on really good teams. Part of the process.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
ShaunPope":3d25b1ts said:
It's pretty obvious Richard will be the new DC...cant have 2

ShaunPope

Reaction score
I'd gladly take Norton over Richard. Pete is the true DB coach. Norton is a tone setter and an animal. Brilliant LB coach as well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":fp5saeif said:
pehawk":fp5saeif said:
Not me given I pray for anybody in that division to do anything about Denver. If that means the Raiders being an actual NFL level football team again so be it. In fact I would like to see the AFC in general get far more competitive because it's ridiculous that the same 4-5 teams have been going to the Superbowl for the last 15 or more years.

Well I enjoyed hating the Raiders in the 80s/90s. Happy to do so again under even the most flimsy of circumstances.

"You stole our coach!!! Screw you Al Davis/Jim Plunkett/Marcus Allen/Cliff Branch/Ray Guy!!!"

iigakusei

Reaction score
ShaunPope":3cxtbdqf said:
I'd gladly take Norton over Richard. Pete is the true DB coach. Norton is a tone setter and an animal. Brilliant LB coach as well.
Not trying to be a dick at all, I am genuinely curious because I admit I have no idea - but how do you know which assistant coach has more input and effect on the team?