When I think about the Seahawks

Sealake80

Reaction score
My heart breaks right now. I don't think I can make them part of my thought process until at least the beginning of next season. I've never felt like this before. Not even after 2005. I've been a fan for a long time (32 years) but I have NEVER felt like this. A lot happened during the super bowl that disappointed me. I was surprised by some of our players behavior during the game and the last INT, the play call, the result just... WOW :(

Sorry to be a downer and I know I could have put this in countless other threads but it feels important enough to me. I have to get it out.

I wish you all the best of luck enjoying the journey with our favorite team. This is a low point for me. We were so close. Dang.

korboko

Reaction score
I see this as a good thing. Long ago, we were so angry that we could never win a title... but now we're frustrated that we couldn't win two. Welcome to the a new era of Seahawk expectations.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm at peace with the loss now... I'm optimistic in what the future holds for this team. The blueprint is there that was laid out by PA, PC, and JS. I see us being a force for a very long time

brettb3

Reaction score
That's too bad. Maybe it's easy to forget at this moment, but we're in the midst of the glory years of Seahawks football. I won't allow myself to take that for granted.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty much over the shock of it all. Life goes on.

But, if leaving for awhile is what works for you, go for it.

grizbob

Reaction score
LymonHawk":23lro4jp said:
I'm pretty much over the shock of it all. Life goes on.

But, if leaving for awhile is what works for you, go for it.

Yup, but don't go too far, the draft is just around the corner. :th2thumbs:

JonRud

Reaction score
This morning on the way to work I looked out my window and saw MetLife Stadium just like I do every morning. Every time I see it I smile as that was the scene of our greatest triumph. That game is etched in history forever and not even a brutal Super Bowl loss or two can take that away from us.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sealake80":2l8wc9ro said:
My heart breaks right now.
Mine doesn't.

When I think about it I think about how the Hawks have proven their presence as a legitimate success in the NFL. Winning a Super Bowl and in the ring of fire that was the 2014 season they never quit working at winning.

This is a team that has been in the mix of every game they have played since 2011, has not left us on the couch for 2 years watching two other teams playing in a game because they were eliminated. They have proven that they can get it done in times when other teams break down.

I'm jacked about the future and since 1976 I have never been more happy to be a Hawks fan.

OP
OP
S

Sealake80

Reaction score
Thank you all for the perspective! I like coach Pete's take on it too. This will be added fuel to the fire for a team that doesn't need much of that! I'll let myself get over it in my own time. It stings... but look how far this team has come!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Seahawks have been one of the most sucessfull Franchises since the 2000s began.

Superbowl Appearances

6-Pats
3-Giants, Seahawks, Steelers
2- Colts, Ravens