Rumors: Ken Norton recruited to join Raiders

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/562838043431034880[/tweet]

12th_Bob

Reaction score
brutal, I see Manuel went with Quinn to Atl, hope the dudes under them are ready.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
It's still Pete's defense. But you can't keep a staff together for a long time. You'll have to find new assistants at some point. But it'll be interesting if he goes who might replace him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Somehow I don't see this happening, unless he is to be promoted to DC there.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I thought you guys said he was as happy here coaching the backers?

Strongside

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of being a perennial elite team. You can be 9-7 every year and keep all your coaches or go to championship games and get raided in the offseason.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He's been with Pete a long time. He must be getting a pretty good opportunity if he's leaving.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
If this is true it might twofold, one upset he's being passed over for D.C. two a chance to return to the bay area where he had a lot of success with San Fran.

hangumhi

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2kqq5bjv said:
This would be a bigger loss then Quinn, IMO.

Totally Agree! Ken has a passion and knowledge that Quinn didn't bring to the table. Gus also had the passion and knowledge the Quinn didn't have. I get a gut feeling that it maybe a good time to make some serious scheme adjustments to our defense as OC's around the league are getting wise to our simple scheme and figuring out the holes to attack such as, short passes especially underneath and middle of the field are vulnerable spots on our defense. You can pick on anyone opposite Sherman etc.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Those spaces were only open due to injury attrition.

Now, maybe they change because they are unable to acquire the talented depth to continue running this simple scheme, but teams haven't "figured us out" because there is nothing TO figure out.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Given his connection to Pete, he'll only leave if it's about getting back to California. Which would be totally understandable.