Seahawk TEs

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Not one Seahawk TE had a reception last Sunday. Never mind Willson. Mokeaki and Helfet didn't do much either. I'm not sure if they were even targeted in the game for any passes. Just appalling to me. This is the field that Willson had a career day little over a month ago.

marko358

Reaction score
Without someone studying the all-22, really not sure why they were neutered for the game. This mystifies me.

I certainly felt we could find some mismatches in coverage.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1w4h9d3v said:
Not one Seahawk TE had a reception last Sunday. Never mind Willson. Mokeaki and Helfet didn't do much either. I'm not sure if they were even targeted in the game for any passes. Just appalling to me. This is the field that Willson had a career day little over a month ago.

Cardinals didnt play on Sunday though...

was perplexed by the lack of involvement by our TEs. saw a couple highlights where Wilson was blanketed. not a good showing for him

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We will have to wait and see if it was coverage, Wilson, or lack of planning by our staff. If I had to venture a guess though I'd pick the later. Our game planning is a double edge sword. On one hand it is amazing that we can go in to almost every game including the super bowl and expect to just win with our base offense and defense even in the face of massive injuries. On the other hand it would be nice to have a staff that could work up some miracles with the X's & O's on occasion for certain opponents.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I didn't see McCourty at all. Guessing he got over the top TE duty all day. My working theory until someone breaks it down.

marko358

Reaction score
What's still a head-scratcher to me is having 3 active TEs and having Burley inactive when the LOB was completely banged up. NE has 4 or 5 receivers on seemingly every play. You'd think that having options and depth for your secondary would be important against this particular opponent.

I'd understand it more if they game planned to get some more TE involvement but they were complete non-factors the whole night.

ceej22

Reaction score
brimsalabim":34chxi9a said:
We will have to wait and see if it was coverage, Wilson, or lack of planning by our staff. If I had to venture a guess though I'd pick the later. Our game planning is a double edge sword. On one hand it is amazing that we can go in to almost every game including the super bowl and expect to just win with our base offense and defense even in the face of massive injuries. On the other hand it would be nice to have a staff that could work up some miracles with the X's & O's on occasion for certain opponents.

You mean like the fake FG in the NFCCG?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
yes that's sort of what I'm talking about. I really meant over all game planning and not just a gimmick play here and there but I guess those are part of it.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Our TE's are blockers by design. I seriously doubt we need to spend our resources on finding a go-to guy when we aren't the type of team that would feature one in the passing game.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":brv997zb said:
Our TE's are blockers by design. I seriously doubt we need to spend our resources on finding a go-to guy when we aren't the type of team that would feature one in the passing game.

True but a playmaker and blocker like Maxx Williams would create issues for DCs. Remember, freakin Visanthe Shianco had 10+ TDs with Favre/Bevell in MN.

Krieg's list

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2w6cz7bz said:

Luke Willson is a terrible blocker by TE standards and he still sees a ton of snaps, so maybe a route-running TE is more of a need than you realize. Obviously a healthy Miller returning would mitigate this.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Krieg's list":1lteohhv said:
AbsolutNET":1lteohhv said:

Luke Willson is a terrible blocker by TE standards and he still sees a ton of snaps, so maybe a route-running TE is more of a need than you realize. Obviously a healthy Miller returning would mitigate this.

I just don't have faith that we can develop an effective passing game between the hashes. Zach Miller had 60 & 60 catches his last two years with the Raiders, and has had 38 & 33 his two years in Seattle. I just don't think spending money or a high draft pick on a TE would be a very good investment given the type of passing game we have.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Got it. AbsolutNet thinks Maxx Williams will be a bust and worse player than Zach Miller. ;)