Something to consider

LTH

Reaction score
Concidering that the O line had soooo many injuries, the loss of Brandon Mebane, Zack miller, percy harvin, Maxwell was hurt for a few games, and I know there are tons more that Im not thinking about... Look at this list of injuries this club has over come.... Its AMAZING that this football team made the SB.... Completely amazing... then they go into the SB with Thomas seperated shoulder, Kam (knee), Sherm torn tendons in his arm and almost win the SB... Man!! what an accomplishment... That has to account for something... what would have happened if this team was 100% then what would have this SB been like? when I look at it from that point of veiw there really isnt a good arguement against this teams accomplishment...

Amazing year from an amazing football team

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
There were 17 on injured reserve this year pittsburg had 3

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
LTH":1zw996ht said:
That's football, injury happens. In the year Green Bay won the Superbowl half their team was on IR. It's a woulda, coulda, shoulda situation.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":30y3qtgo said:
LTH":30y3qtgo said:
That's football, injury happens. In the year Green Bay won the Superbowl half their team was on IR. It's a woulda, coulda, shoulda situation.

Thats right injury happens but its just an example of how great this team is...and how good of a job Carrolls staff is doing most teams would not have made the playoffs with the injuries this team suffered and I think they deserve credit for the job they have done... and if they dont get it then its a dysfunction of the fans...

LTH

Ozzy

Reaction score
It does give me a little more hope for next year. Would of loved to seen how we play with Hill, Mebane, Richardson etc.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive spin on the situation. It's true and we should not take for granted hoe good we are
And were this season! I think health truly will be our number one foe moving forward the
Next 3 years of this window. Its why we kicked denvers ass.
And why we were throwing to Lockette instead of maybe Richardson.
And why 3rd and 14 became first and 10 without Mebane or even Hill.

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
LTH":ilptacuk said:
MizzouHawkGal":ilptacuk said:
LTH":ilptacuk said:

Thats right injury happens but its just an example of how great this team is...and how good of a job Carrolls staff is doing most teams would not have made the playoffs with the injuries this team suffered and I think they deserve credit for the job they have done... and if they dont get it then its a dysfunction of the fans...

LTH

I getcha. This team was really fun to watch, especially the younger/newer guys who had to step in to fill big shoes. Some of them did amazing (Hill) and some really surprised me (Matthews, Moeaki, Tukuafu). What’s really amazing is that with 6 defensive linemen on IR we were still dominant in run D. Impressive! This team is deep.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
This team has a kick ass GM and coach IMO

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm glad we are going to be getting a bunch of huge contributors back, but we have no idea what injuries will happen next year. We can't assume everyone will stay healthy because that is almost an impossibility in the NFL. The Hawks need to draft well so they have depth when it is needed.

I am excited to see Marsh added to the D-line again, he will be like an extra draft pick and we could use the depth he provides.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
How many of our injury's were caused by "friendly fire"? How many occurred in practice no less?

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1jmankaw said:
I'm glad we are going to be getting a bunch of huge contributors back, but we have no idea what injuries will happen next year. We can't assume everyone will stay healthy because that is almost an impossibility in the NFL. The Hawks need to draft well so they have depth when it is needed.

I am excited to see Marsh added to the D-line again, he will be like an extra draft pick and we could use the depth he provides.

For sure about Marsh! but after this year it cant get much worse unless your talking about Wil### and I dont even want to say it... :lol: this year was devistating on the injury front...i think because they won so much that people have forgotten what its like not to have depth... which is a comp to Pete's coaching staff... coach them up baby!

LTH

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It has been an amazing season. They overcame every injury and adversity during the season. However, they choked when it came time to claim the championship. It was a choke bigger than what the Packers did on NFCCG (IMO). They had the trophy on their fingertips and proceeded to drop it. That's reality.

There is no guarantee that they will be back there next year or the following years. Hopefully they are but football is a season to season game. We've seen the Falcons, 49ers, Saints, Panthers, Bears, Panthers, Rams and Giants fall after really good years. Teams that are cellar dwellers have risen to the top in one year. The Seahawks had a chance to claim their 2nd Superbowl win and they poofed it away. Football is a team game but when one guy makes a horrible decision, it has an effect on the whole team. That's the sad part of this all.

Where was the zen to help them on this play? Zen is to find one's self and identity. The Seahawks went away from their true selves and identity on that play (at least from their football identity)... and it cost them a Superbowl championship.