Bennett

ManBunts

Reaction score
Is anyone else mad about Bennett's jump at the end? I know it was a very long shot, but they were in the end zone and we had a very good chance of landing a safety and getting the ball back with one or two plays to go. I know, I know, slim chance, and frankly we shouldn't have been in that situation at all, but man, that guy jumps WAY TOO OFTEN. Love him, his style, his play, but these jumps have got to stop.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Meh, on the list of what pissed me off about the end of that game, Bennett jumping offside was pretty far down the list.

What makes you think Brady's not going to plow ahead for half a yard twice?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Made my own thread about this; didn't see this one. It's a very valid thing to be pissed about considering that after the very probable safety a field goal would've won it.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Whats funny was he started leaning, and then Dobbs basically fell on him from behind and pushed him into the neutral zone.

mikeak

Reaction score
bbsplitter":155lie2o said:
Whats funny was he started leaning, and then Dobbs basically fell on him from behind and pushed him into the neutral zone.

exactly. He didn't jump he was pushed from behind. They were all going to give it the last chance for a safety and then get the ball. That is going to be a fine line between making it and getting a penalty.

Not where the game was lost

Polaris

Reaction score
bigtrain21":16xi2fj2 said:
The center jerked his helmet violently twice.

Yep. It's bloody obvious when you see it on film. New England very deliberately tried to draw Seattle offsides (and that should have been a false start penalty) and got away with one.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":x2jvaxgf said:
Meh, on the list of what pissed me off about the end of that game, Bennett jumping offside was pretty far down the list.

Yup. Tom Brady is to the qb sneak what Russ is to buying time by scrambling around and evading defenders. Against ANY other team/qb that play would have been very interesting. OP- Just wash this from your mind now, that game was O-V-E-R. but yes, I've been demanding via this forum that Pete clean up penalties since late October. Between the false starts and offsides alone, it's sometimes difficult to believe these guys are ever coached on the mental processes involved in avoiding the mistakes.

Rufus

Reaction score
Bennett didn't jump, but got bumped from behind and fell forward. So, someone messed up, but it wasn't Bennett. Either way, we didn't execute. Disappointing.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":gh7r3q8m said:

Yea I was pretty pissed at first, then I thought about it and Brady would've ran two sneaks and been done with it. They weren't handing the ball off there.

LTH

Reaction score
Bennett was Holmgren MVP... he was in Brady's face all game... I could care less about the offside call...

gohokies2005

Reaction score
Polaris":25x00znd said:
bigtrain21":25x00znd said:
The center jerked his helmet violently twice.

Yep. It's bloody obvious when you see it on film. New England very deliberately tried to draw Seattle offsides (and that should have been a false start penalty) and got away with one.

Agree, this. We put ourselves in the situation, but that does not excuse a no call on a head bob clearly intended to draw the defense offsides. Why was that action necessary at all, they were not in shotgun formation.

This was supposedly a point of emphasis this year as well, see the quote from an article posted last August...

Officials have been told to flag the center on that now, that "prior to the snap, any quick, or abrupt movement by any offensive players, or several offensive players in unison, which simulates the start of a play, is a foul." The league's directive said among the things to be penalized are "a center abruptly lifting or dropping his head not immediately followed by the snap." http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/ ... s-on-rules

He abruptly moved his head up and down at least twice as you said. That's a crap way to draw someone offsides on the last critical play of the game, should have been flagged a false start, and makes me a little less mad at Bennett.

Ranker777

Reaction score
Rufus":2cpt0bhy said:
Bennett didn't jump, but got bumped from behind and fell forward. So, someone messed up, but it wasn't Bennett. Either way, we didn't execute. Disappointing.

I saw it differently. Looked like someone was hold his shirt to keep him onside.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
marko358":2mvjwht9 said:
Dude played his butt off in that game. Not blaming him on the loss.

Was the man last night

Seafan

Reaction score
If we get the safety we had enough time to get the field gull. Bad performance from the defense there and then all the stupid fighting to make it look even worse.

Bennett also extended an earlier drive that ended in a TD. His pre-snap penalties have got to stop.