Injury Updates (Lane & Sherman)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/562320162603278336[/tweet]

Lane had a "significant" broken arm

Sherman's elbow will require Tommy John surgery this off season

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Significant broken arm is an understatement. His forearm bent at a 90 degree angle...

Edited picture

Exittium

Reaction score
ivotuk":2d0xbucz said:
OkieHawk please don't post pictures like that when people have no idea it's coming.
Yup wife puked and felt bad for the kid..

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Honestly I'm more concerned with Sherman's elbow. Tommy John Surgery takes a long time to heal from

[urltargetblank]http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/tommy-john-surgery-ucl-reconstruction?page=2[/urltargetblank]

Luckily Sherman isn't a pitcher, and his elbow doesn't need as much motion to be completely functioning for him, but it's going to be a tough off season for him.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2ztoep6s said:
OkieHawk please don't post pictures like that when people have no idea it's coming.

A pic of it was posted a second before mine did, and I did give a vague warning :twisted:

Also, I figured most people had already seen that image so it wouldn't be much of a shock. Oh well.

McGruff

Reaction score
I hadn't seen that. Its no wonder they didn't replay the injury.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":poysitnp said:
I hadn't seen that. Its no wonder they didn't replay the injury.

Yea, it was pretty brutal. I saw it last night only because I wanted to see what his injury was and saw that image after a very brief Google search.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Lane's forearm snapped in half.

WARNING: click here to see the gruesome video: https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/7201ED ... 5_hQOqU73d

In a game that came down to half a yard, there were so many things that would could have won it for us. Lane not getting hurt . . . Avril not getting hit in the head . . . Bevell taking his head out of his butt.

Sherman has a hard road ahead of him. Recovery time from Tommy John is typically nine months minimum and 18 for full recovery.

kjreid

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3adewm9z said:

WARNING: click here to see the gruesome video: https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/7201ED ... 5_hQOqU73d

In a game that came down to half a yard, there were so many things that would could have won it for us. Lane not getting hurt . . . Avril not getting hit in the head . . . Bevell taking his head out of his butt.

Sherman has a hard road ahead of him. Recovery time from Tommy John is typically nine months minimum and 18 for full recovery.

Is the recovery time the same for a football player as opposed to a baseball player? I don't see needing to strengthen the area to throw 90 mph. IDK that is why I am asking :?:

drcool

Reaction score
With Tommy John surgery in this day and age the elbow is usually stronger than before surgery. At least for pitchers. My guess is Sherman will be good to go by training camp. I would guess he will take it easy in the preseason but be 100% by the time the season rolls around.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I've read Sherman is considered to be ready for camp after surgery.
Lane I'm curious about. I mean that break is scary

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Seems like we've been seeing a lot of snapped legs and arms lately, and a lot of them are happening on non contact plays. Makes me wonder if some if the supplements and stuff are weakening bones or something.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kjreid":3f86qb2b said:
hawknation2015":3f86qb2b said:

Is the recovery time the same for a football player as opposed to a baseball player? I don't see needing to strengthen the area to throw 90 mph. IDK that is why I am asking :?:

I couldn't say. Either way the rehab process is going to be a lot to endure.