Baldwin was open on the left

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Not that it matters . The kid read the play and made a good read and trusted it

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I saw the highlights and Revis was on Baldwin like a glove. Lockette was open just a poor throw by Russ.

OP
OP
Aristotle22

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Oh, I thought he had inside position. It happens too fast for me to see.still bummed

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The kid didn't read the play Browner did. The kid made a play after Browner easily destroyed the one we ran.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Aristotle22":2bwd1gy1 said:
Oh, I thought he had inside position. It happens too fast for me to see.still bummed

So you just assumed Baldwin was open then? Why even post this if you can be swayed so easily and you admit that it happened too fast for you to see?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Seanhawk":wpib9vnr said:
Aristotle22":wpib9vnr said:

So you just assumed Baldwin was open then? Why even post this if you can be swayed so easily and you admit that it happened to fast for you to see?

Yeah....

I mean....

B8z0jLiIYAMCtkV

soxhawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1n3wlubj said:
Seanhawk":1n3wlubj said:
Aristotle22":1n3wlubj said:

So you just assumed Baldwin was open then? Why even post this if you can be swayed so easily and you admit that it happened to fast for you to see?

Yeah....

I mean....

B8z0jLiIYAMCtkV

Man, that's a tough screenshot. He was open. Patriots just made the play. Hats off.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
soxhawk":23fzg457 said:
dontbelikethat":23fzg457 said:
Seanhawk":23fzg457 said:
Aristotle22":23fzg457 said:

Yeah....

I mean....

B8z0jLiIYAMCtkV

Man, that's a tough screenshot. He was open. Patriots just made the play. Hats off.

Yeah it's pretty brutal, the decision to throw to Lockette after the call was decided wasn't a horrible read, but throw could've been better and the defender made a great play on the ball.

Gotta tip the hat to Butler, he trusted his preparation, knew exactly what was goona happen cause of formation and made a play on it. This is why you don't over think it, and just pound that thing in.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
soxhawk":2wx9xreq said:
dontbelikethat":2wx9xreq said:
Seanhawk":2wx9xreq said:
Aristotle22":2wx9xreq said:

Yeah....

I mean....

B8z0jLiIYAMCtkV

Don't get fooled by the open space, the Pats knew what was coming. Some of the space you see is distance Lockette is behind the line of scrimmage, and the pass was delivered to a spot that wasn't across the line of scrimmage.

Ultimately, what that screenshot shows is that the ball should have been halfway there already. which would not have guaranteed a touchdown either.

A

Anonymous

In that screen-shot, it sure looks like it was going to score.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Scottemojo":26lmjahs said:
soxhawk":26lmjahs said:
dontbelikethat":26lmjahs said:
Seanhawk":26lmjahs said:

Yeah....

I mean....

B8z0jLiIYAMCtkV

Don't get fooled by the open space, the Pats knew what was coming. Some of the space you see is distance Lockette is behind the line of scrimmage, and the pass was delivered to a spot that wasn't across the line of scrimmage.

Ultimately, what that screenshot shows is that the ball should have been halfway there already. which would not have guaranteed a touchdown either.

Good points and insight, still to distraught to even notice something simply as that.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
That screen shot also shows Browner holding Kearse from making the pick on Butler that is supposed to spring Locket.
The play failed because Browner had practiced against the play and new exactly what to do. No way do you make that specific play call. Under the circumstances if we ran that play 10 times we would have been lucky to complete in even once.
Of course they would have known Lynch was coming to had we lined up in a running formation and they were in their goal line defense package. Even so the hand off to beast mode has a much higher chance of success than throwing a timing route at a guy who spent a couple of years practicing against it.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch was wide open on the left.

Russell didn't go through his reads, he messed up.

On to next year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The ball needed to be low and at the hip of Lockette if it was going to be thrown there. Obviously, you'd also like to see Lockette win the battle for his spot and maybe Kearse do better at getting the rub. A slant in that situation doesn't seem optimal, though. Too crowded inside, seems the inside LB has a great shot at a tipped ball either way. I don't dismiss the notion that they wanted to run clock and get 4 shots with one pass, but I'd probably rather see a fade to the back corner. Unfortunately, we probably only got two guys on the roster with a shot at that (Matthews and Moeaki), and they weren't in. Le sigh.

lobohawk

Reaction score
B8z0jLiIYAMCtkV[/quote]

Man, that's a tough screenshot. He was open. Patriots just made the play. Hats off.[/quote]

Ultimately, what that screenshot shows is that the ball should have been halfway there already. which would not have guaranteed a touchdown either.[/quote]

-----------------------------------------------

What you don't see in the screenshot, is the pace of the players. Lockette is far short of running full speed. If he had, he gets there first. Not intending to lay all the blame on Lockette. Rather that it also comes down to execution.
- Kearse failed to break his release and get the necessary redirection on Butler.
- Wilson threw about a foot high and in foot front of how fast Lockette was running (timing). Catchable, but not with the play sniffed out.
- Lockette runs route too slow.
- Bevell called a standard Hawk goal line play that NE had practiced to defend multiple times (predictable).

HawkFan72

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":dc83ogzo said:
Marshawn Lynch was wide open on the left.

Russell didn't go through his reads, he messed up.

On to next year.

Yeah if Russell waits one more second, Marshawn beats his man and is open.

But the play was never designed to go that way, so it doesn't really matter.