We need big WR's next year.

northseahawk

Reaction score
These pathetic receivers couldn't even get a foot of separation today.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I agree we need to address receivers in a big way. However, I do think we need to give Chris Matthews some love. He made some good plays today, and seems to have a good physical presence.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Paul Richardson will be back with a year under his belt, Matthews will be back with a year under HIS belt. Norwood as well. Not saying ignore the position but I dont think its a pressing need. Its not like the Patriots or the Ravens had amazing WRs when they won the Super Bowl.

Im excited to see Richardson and Matthews next year.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I think our wideouts next year will be Baldwin, Richardson, Kearse, Norwood, and Matthews. Tight end should be a bigger concern than wide receiver.

This is, of course, assuming we have an OC that knows what they're doing.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1mzha2zq said:
I think our wideouts next year will be Baldwin, Richardson, Kearse, Norwood, and Matthews. Tight end should be a bigger concern than wide receiver.

This is, of course, assuming we have an OC that knows what they're doing.

I don't think Richardson is going to be back until mid-season, so certainly Schneider needs to go out and get some more help for that receiving corps. I would agree with TE being a real target and right now, Maxx Williams is looking like a really attractive target to me (a Gronkowski-esque athletic type).

What would also make a top flight TE in the draft especially an attractive option, is that not only would that help with in both the passing game and overall pass blocking, but also the cap number for TE's is far less than your top flight WR's (meaning that the Hawks could conceivably have a more long term investment).

You're right though, I'm not having too much faith at this moment in time in Bevell's ability to use such an asset to his full potential.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Please let the Cardinals cut Fitzgerald .. he'd fit the team like a glove.. and hes not a locker room cancer waiting to happen like Percy was.

I would love Brandon Marshall if we couldn't get Fitz too .. although his locker room persona is a bit bothersome, and on Inside The NFL he was kind of trashing our WR's .. so not sure if he'd mesh with this group.

Matthews played a tremendous game, but he was also a non factor once Belichick made the adjustment of sitting Arrington and putting Browner on him. I think there's more there than I would have originally thought, but I'd pump the brakes on him being a #1/#2 type WR next year

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We need to seriously address the WR and TE corps. It's been this way for a while now. I mean even when we had Tate, I thought the WR group was pretty weak. And PRich won't be ready til mid-season.

Our only problem is we have had horrible luck with bringing in a big name guy. Not sure we will have the money to sign a Demeryius Thomas or Brandon Marshall. I wouldn't mind going after a really solid posession WR like an Anquan Boldin who won't warrant as much money.

And it's time to get a legit TE. I'm done with Luke Wilson. For every great play he makes, he makes a bad play. I want a consistent TE who can make plays. Not a guy who drops 3 balls in a game, and then catches 2 TDs in the next game. And I'm done waiting for Zach Miller to get healthy. He is an older TE with a lot of injuries on his body, not sure I'd want to depend on him.

Ranker777

Reaction score
Richardson will be out until mid season at the earliest. If he is back at all, which sounds bad but it is his second major surgery on the knee. I think the Seahawks should plan without him and if he does comeback at his level before that's a added bonus.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not the receivers it's the routes, we have the worst route trees, very easy to defend and very predictable. Even with Rice playing he had to make circus catches on the sidelines, we don't throw guys open either, rarely run slants in the middle of the field when you have space to get separation between the levels, we don't cause coverage handoffs to create confusion.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeatownJay":is7ft736 said:
All five of Seattle's active receivers in the Super Bowl were undrafted free agents.

Yep. And while we all love them.. its a definite weakness.

That said.. we should have won a second consecutive Super Bowl with that group of street FA's.

OP
OP
N

northseahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2ehqm4ru said:
Not the receivers it's the routes, we have the worst route trees, very easy to defend and very predictable. Even with Rice playing he had to make circus catches on the sidelines, we don't throw guys open either, rarely run slants in the middle of the field when you have space to get separation between the levels, we don't cause coverage handoffs to create confusion.

A very good point. But again, thats where the skill level of the receivers come in. These guys aren't capable of doing anything special.

Fitz and Marshall would fit like a glove in our team. We need big body receivers.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Vetamur":2t33kjbn said:
Paul Richardson will be back with a year under his belt, Matthews will be back with a year under HIS belt. Norwood as well. Not saying ignore the position but I dont think its a pressing need. Its not like the Patriots or the Ravens had amazing WRs when they won the Super Bowl.

Im excited to see Richardson and Matthews next year.

I highly doubt PRich plays before week 10, if at all next season

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Bigger, Stronger, Faster....for defense only I guess. I've been saying for some time now I want our own version of an AJ Green or Megatron. I was hoping Norwood would be that guy, he's not getting any playing time so I guess he's not. I think I'd be willing to see our defense take a step back if we could put more emphasis(money) in the offense. I guess Percy was that answer, but that didn't turn out.

crosfam

Reaction score
Need another fast receiver in the draft that can return kicks and punts. Walters is gritty, but I see him on another team next year (Atlanta or Jacksonville probably). Chris Williams is tall, and may be the tall goal line guy we need. But I think Kearse and Baldwin are not going anywhere. We need to draft more depth on both sides of the line. And a new corner, Simon should be a back-up safety and special teams guy.

USO_HAWK

Reaction score
Bigger, Stronger, Faster....for defense only I guess. I've been saying for some time now I want our own version of an AJ Green or Megatron. I was hoping Norwood would be that guy, he's not getting any playing time so I guess he's not. I think I'd be willing to see our defense take a step back if we could put more emphasis(money) in the offense. I guess Percy was that answer, but that didn't turn out.

I agree with you. Except, I think Percy was a casualty that was caused by our OC. He didn't know how to implement him into our offense. Rather than gradually putting him in he went 100 percent Percy and phased out Beast Mode. It was like they were trying to send a message to Lynch that he was expendable. Just my thoughts on it.

kjreid

Reaction score
we maintain running the ball effectively we can have a "dumpster fire" of Mathews, Richardson, Norwood, Baldwin, Kearse, Willson, Miller catching corp and be very effective. Wait let me put it this way. With the money we are going to spend on Wilson, Maxwell and Lynch, we have to have th "dumpster fire" work for us.

mistaowen

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3r0747j1 said:

You do realize how extremely rare players like AJ Green and Calvin Johnson are right? And we don't need players like that. That's not how we win games. Percy's explosive ability was a perfect fit for our offense, but the person in the jersey was not. We need someone with Sidney Rice's skill set. Even if he didn't show up huge in the stat columns, defenses had to respect him because he could get separation and make circus catches in traffic.

blkhwk

Reaction score
chris98251":163t07wd said:

Thank you!!!! I've been saying this for the past two years. I have heard countless former players, GM's and coaches say how simple Seattle's passing game is. When you watch all 22 video it is very obvious the passing game is lacking in complexity.