The decision to go for the touchdown at the end of the half

KatarHol

Reaction score
If time runs out on us there, and we come away with no points, then you all would be saying that was the dumbest play call of the game. Second guessing these decisions after the fact and acting like you know more about than game than Bevell or Pete is some chicken sh*t.

randomation

Reaction score
KatarHol":3bhlhilt said:
If time runs out on us there, and we come away with no points, then you all would be saying that was the dumbest play call of the game. Second guessing these decisions after the fact and acting like you know more about than game than Bevell or Pete is some chicken sh*t.

Time wouldn't have ran out ball would have either been caught or two ticks left it was a one read throw.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good point. Pete calls an aggressive game, not conservative like some people are saying.

Shit happens, that DB made an amazing INT. Give credit where credit is due.

baumer64

Reaction score
That play was different in that a quick pass still allowed time for a FG if not successful.
The call at the end was just unnecessary showboating by Bevell.

kidhawk

Reaction score
KatarHol":3e4ssf60 said:

Ummm no. When we got the 15 yards it put us in range to sneak a quick play and I knew that before they left the offense on the field. With the end of the game play I KNEW that if we ran the read option either Wilson or Lynch would score. I was shocked when he went to throw the ball. There was no hindsight involved. That was an idiotic play that we have to live with the entire off season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
But there would have been 2 seconds left even if it is incomplete. They executed it perfectly.

Optimus25

Reaction score
KatarHol":q0vvhktl said:

my 12 year old daughter knows we should have run the ball. she has watched like about realistically 4 quarters of actual football in her life. fact. you run the ball with marshawn lynch and the best running offense in the nfl at the 2 yard line, 2nd and goal, 38 seconds in the 4th quarter. its a fact you obviously are oblivious to, but in this case, i believe it's some sort of strange willful ignorance. that or you're bevell's mother.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
KatarHol":27rnt0y2 said:
I agree with the point about the TD at the end of the first half. I fully admit I would've kicked the FG.

However, you are utterly, completely and totally wrong about Bevell's slant pass play call on 2nd and half a yard to go for the SUPER BOWL winning TD. There isn't a SINGLE, SOLITARY jr. high, high school, college or professional offensive play caller in this entire country, other than Darrell Bevell that doesn't hand the ball to Marshawn 3 straight times if necessary in that situation. So yeah, I'm smarter than Darrell Bevell in that situation and so is 99% of the entire Untied States that has even a basic knowledge of the game of football. Therefore sir, you're the chickenshit for calling the rest of us chickenshit.