When the Pats try their funky sneak eligible formation

brimsalabim

Reaction score
With the unbalanced line why wouldn't we just have Kam or Irvin blitz that side and lay Brady out?

I recall last season that Harbaugh chose to have a man hit russell when ever we went to RO weather he kept the ball or not. Russ took a few shots then we went away from that.
Why don't we take the same tact and make Brady pay even if it means giving up a few yards on the play?

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
I read last week that the refs have adjusted the rules for the SB such that the eligible / ineligible shenanigans won't work for today's game. The Patriots exploited that loophole their last two games, but they won't be able to do so in SB 49.

Couple that with the fact that Brady will be using fully inflated balls for the first time since 2006 and I smell a blowout by the Hawks!

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
If it were true Pats used deflated balls since the 2007 season, there would have been two games they wouldnt have been able to, both Super Bowls, which we know what happened. The balls are suprisingly handled different in the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
brimsalabim

brimsalabim

Reaction score
My understanding was that there is a signal like an incomplete pass and a quick point to the player who is eligible but it would still be up to the defense to determine who is now ineligible on the fly.

Also BR is reporting that the NFL has now back tracked and is stating that only one of the balls was noticeably deflated. Probably a result of that dinner Roger had with his boss mr Kraft.
I take from this that the NFL is still going to allow them to get away with anything they want.

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
brimsalabim":lbb5pkh3 said:
With the unbalanced line why wouldn't we just have Kam or Irvin blitz that side and lay Brady out?

I recall last season that Harbaugh chose to have a man hit russell when ever we went to RO weather he kept the ball or not. Russ took a few shots then we went away from that.
Why don't we take the same tact and make Brady pay even if it means giving up a few yards on the play?

Because it's not an unbalanced line. There were 5 men on the line one was just a tight end. Who is really a lineman that sometimes goes out for a pass.

I also don't think they would try it against this defense as they are intelligent and would just check to their cover 3

BirdEye

Reaction score
The pats won't be able to run their hurry up or sneaky O like they normally do because the refs will keep this game running slow with all the commercial breaks, penalty flags, and most importantly all of the pats Injuries they are about so Suffer from the Legion of Boom!!!!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I honestly believe they will not run any of these plays. Probably will see a couple new wrinkles though

Hawkintent

Reaction score
I'd like to see Kam come around on one of the QB sneaks Brady does so effectively and just slam into his torso/hip. No injury just pain.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":293bp8ej said:
I read last week that the refs have adjusted the rules for the SB such that the eligible / ineligible shenanigans won't work for today's game. The Patriots exploited that loophole their last two games, but they won't be able to do so in SB 49.

Couple that with the fact that Brady will be using fully inflated balls for the first time since 2006 and I smell a blowout by the Hawks!
Vinovich is too much of a moron for the refs to comprehend how to properly signal eligible/ineligible or even rule correctly when it is or isnt.

Belichek fooling Vinovich will be like stealing candy from a baby.

Dark Lord of the Sith, meet Jar-Jar Binks.

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
And an fyi the receivers were clearly announced as ineligible. They even went as far as to say "do not cover 34 he is inelligble " it was just the Ravens being dumb

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":13cbso9w said:
And an fyi the receivers were clearly announced as ineligible. They even went as far as to say "do not cover 34 he is inelligble " it was just the Ravens being dumb
So how do you explain the Solder TD?

Bill is trying to deceive the officials, plain and simple.

purpleneer

Reaction score
I'm not remotely worried about it. It's effectiveness was dependent on being a surprise; all Harbaugh wanted was a few seconds for his D to adapt. Even the Colts crap defense handled it well because it wasn't new anymore.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I would be concerned about using that as a misdirection for something else, Seahawks have to be on alert for anything and the team needs spotters looking for abnormality's in what they do.

Only in so much as not to give them a cheap score.

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2mukx958 said:
Strongarm2399":2mukx958 said:

Soldier just like many tackles hs been eligible in games all year lol. I'd be willing to bet the Hawks have had their tackles eligible multiple times this year.

He's not trying to deceive the official he's trying to decieve the opponent. Much like a fake field goal is deception

When jj watt lined up eligible why wasn't anyone crying about deception

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":1bmynuib said:
Scottemojo":1bmynuib said:
Strongarm2399":1bmynuib said:

Soldier just like many tackles hs been eligible in games all year lol. I'd be willing to bet the Hawks have had their tackles eligible multiple times this year.

He's not trying to deceive the official he's trying to decieve the opponent. Much like a fake field goal is deception
That is not what I mean. He failed to report correctly. The league said the TD should not have counted. There have been multiple instances of NE players not reporting after declaring eligible or ineligible.

For the record, I'm not worried about it. I am sure Pete will have a default play or zone for it.

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Scottemojo":g5fu1sqm said:
Strongarm2399":g5fu1sqm said:
Scottemojo":g5fu1sqm said:
Strongarm2399":g5fu1sqm said:

That is not what I mean. He failed to report correctly. The league said the TD should not have counted. There have been multiple instances of NE players not reporting after declaring eligible or ineligible.

For the record, I'm not worried about it. I am sure Pete will have a default play or zone for it.

He reported properly. The issue was cannon not coming off after reporting ineligible. I'm sure it was a mistake on the patriots abd they weren't trying to pull a fast one while risking a penalty.

Of course seattle will be ready for it. It's not hard to be ready for is my point. All that has to be done is focus on the Los