Three SB appearances in the last ten years.

Canhawks

Reaction score
Never really thought of that,we have been in 30% of the SB's in the last 10 years,dang that sounds pretty good to me.We have come a long way from our humble beginnings!!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Was thinking about it earlier today... pretty damn cool. After '05 and the disappointing end to '06, I thought we'd had it as good as we were ever going to, by making an appearance. This, is amazing. Enjoy it folks.

duckypoo

Reaction score
13 seasons in the NFC West. 7 Division Championships, 3 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win (TBD). The rest of the division has added 2 more Super Bowl appearances. 7 Division Championships in a division that has produced 5/13 Super Bowl teams for the conference aint half bad.

irocdave

Reaction score
I could never have imagined the last ten years playing out the way they have when the Hawks were forced to move to move out of the AFC West. Even when I was kid I never thought the Hawks would reach a level that the NFL media had to respect on a yearly basis. It doesn't get any better for an NFL fan, like I have said numerous times on this forum, enjoy the hell out of it because it is not common and may not happen again for 30 - 40 years.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I was thinking of the same thing the other day. We've been one of the most elite teams in the NFL over the last decade. Pretty cool.

Mick063

Reaction score
It didn't happen until Paul Allen.

He has the Midas touch. Everything he touches turns to gold. There has to be more to it than just luck. He must have some kind of intuitive feel for correctly identifying and then surrounding himself with extremely competent people.

50BMG

Reaction score
That is pretty damn good and something to be proud of, kind of reminds me of the Patriots and this being their 4th appearance in 10 years possibly two resulting in wins depending on how today goes. In the age of the salary cap winning consistently year after year is difficult but these two teams seem to have it together.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Allen, all hail the patron saint of Seattle sports.

Too bad he already owned the blazers, eh? No way I'll ever root for them, lol..

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, we're getting spoiled lately. I think it's ironic, when we moved to the division i figured we'd traded San Diego for Arizona in the "gimme" wins department, SF looked average to decent but had a tough defense, and holy crap...how were we ever going to beat those Rams ??

Funny how it's gone full circle...after XL, then the poor 2006 season, I was bitter thinking that we had our one shot and we wouldn't get one again. Last year was cathartic.

davdog

Reaction score
An elite team over the last decade? You're just wrong on that. You can't have a 4-12 '08, a 5-11 '09 and then two straight 7-9 seasons in '10 and '11 and say you were elite over the last 10 years. The hawks record for the last 10 years is 91 - 69. An average of 9 - 7, hardly in the elite category. The Pat's record over the same period is 122 - 38 (12 -4). Enough said.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
davdog":1t2uikll said:
An elite team over the last decade? You're just wrong on that. You can't have a 4-12 '08, a 5-11 '09 and then two straight 7-9 seasons in '10 and '11 and say you were elite over the last 10 years. The hawks record for the last 10 years is 91 - 69. An average of 9 - 7, hardly in the elite category. The Pat's record over the same period is 122 - 38 (12 -4). Enough said.

In 2010, we won a playoff game, which is more than the Patriots can say.

Right now, we are what you were ten years ago back in 2004 . . . except we plan to continue winning Super Bowls. Unlike the Patsies, we don't plan to let up any time soon. Our defense and running game may be the best of all time.

:snack:

davdog

Reaction score
That's all speculation. They could but odds say they won't. Pete's 63, 10 years ago Bill was 52. I doubt Pete's going to be coaching at 68 never mind 73.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
davdog":301abug3 said:
That's all speculation. They could but odds say they won't. Pete's 63, 10 years ago Bill was 52. I doubt Pete's going to be coaching at 68 never mind 73.
Pete will coach til age 70. John will be here much longer. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

CPHawk

Reaction score
davdog":11fdclxm said:

Really how old is grumpy Coughlin, and he's still coaching. F the pats, how many Super Bowls have you guys won in that same time? That's right zero!

Erebus

Reaction score
What makes a team elite for a period of time? Is it being the best in the league? I would say being top 5 is elite. Only the Patriots, Steelers, Colts, and maybe the Packers have had more success. The Packers success is based only on regular season wins, not playoff success.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
duckypoo":2q87c7f6 said:
13 seasons in the NFC West. 7 Division Championships, 3 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win (TBD). The rest of the division has added 2 more Super Bowl appearances. 7 Division Championships in a division that has produced 5/13 Super Bowl teams for the conference aint half bad.

Since 05, so 10 years, the NFC west has 5 out of 10 superbowls right...Seahawks, Cards, 49ers, Seahawks, Seahawks

The other teams are Giants x2, Packers, Saints, Bears

Come to think of it...

Since 2000 and on the Giants and Seahawks have the most superbowl appearances in the NFC with 3 each now.

evergreen

Reaction score
Hawks46":wfqhfps8 said:
Yea, we're getting spoiled lately. I think it's ironic, when we moved to the division i figured we'd traded San Diego for Arizona in the "gimme" wins department, SF looked average to decent but had a tough defense, and holy crap...how were we ever going to beat those Rams ??

Funny how it's gone full circle...after XL, then the poor 2006 season, I was bitter thinking that we had our one shot and we wouldn't get one again. Last year was cathartic.

Why was 10-6 with a great win at home over Cowboys and an OT loss in Chicago Poor? At that time the Tony Romo fumble was one of the best plays ever for Seattle. I know Ruskill killed our line by keeping SA and not Hutch, but we made it to playoffs back as SB loser and that hadn't been done in ten years.

50BMG

Reaction score
CPHawk":1l2bn3sj said:
davdog":1l2bn3sj said:

Really how old is grumpy Coughlin, and he's still coaching. F the pats, how many Super Bowls have you guys won in that same time? That's right zero!

This poster no longer exists so neither does his post.

Exittium

Reaction score
Your shit talking really just shows on a whole how young and immature you must be. Kiddo go to bed now. Because your shit ain't flyin here

Btw your walkin a fine line sweetie. Check this post if you want to continue prancing around here.
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108005