Read option: the key to victory

seabowl

Reaction score
IMO we will bring a heavy dose of the read option and Wison will have a huge game on the ground. I think with the Pats having a decent secondary, we will want to go to our bread and butter with the read option. In the three years with Wilson whenever we need to score we put it on display (never more evident than in OT vs Donkies this year). With the bowl on the line the concern about Russell getting dinged up a little using the read is of less concern than winning this game. I think Russell will have at least 75 yards on the ground this game and we play big time ball control O. Asa far as predictions are concerned:

31-20 Hawks.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Russell will do whatever it takes to sustain drives and eliminate those 3 and outs we saw against GB. The longer we have the ball, the more plays we can run and the less plays Brady can run.
To me, it will come down to moving the chains consistently.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Wilson is not just the best scrambler in the game. He also makes the right decisions on read option plays.
He can run or pass off a read option look and just the threat of it can freeze a DE/LB long enough to spring Lynch.
I'd love to see a RO POP like the one completed to Lockett.

Mick063

Reaction score
I want to see more read option just to give our pass rushers more rest. It would completely remove the "DL depth" issue. Especially if Brady tries to wear the defensive line out with "up tempo" play calling. We need at least one first down on every possession and no turnovers. In my opinion, the best way to do that is with read option.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
joeseahawks":21490yct said:
Russell will do whatever it takes to sustain drives and eliminate those 3 and outs we saw against GB. The longer we have the ball, the more plays we can run and the less plays Brady can run.

Russell Wilson's decision making is very underrated. It's what separates him from the Kaepernicks, Newtons, etc. He had a bad game in that area for about 3 quarters last game but was able to pull it together in the end. He is clutch with his decision making in the 4th quarter. That's why I'm confident the Seahawk chances to win are in great hands come tomorrow.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":18wdwjl9 said:
joeseahawks":18wdwjl9 said:

Russell Wilson's decision making is very underrated. It's what separates him from the Kaepernicks, Newtons, etc. He had a bad game in that area for about 3 quarters last game but was able to pull it together in the end. He is clutch with his decision making in the 4th quarter. That's why I'm confident the Seahawk chances to win are in great hands come tomorrow.
I agree with everything you say exactly. He should be Pro Bowl and All-Pro every year. He doesn't put up a lot of passing yards--he just wins games--all the way through the Super Bowl. GO HAWKS!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I think they're going Beast Mode up the middle until the Pats load the box, then Wilson will start exploiting the edges. I predict Lynch as SB MVP. GO HAWKS!