Greg Rosenthal: Why the Seahawks will win (or Patriots)

kidhawk

Reaction score
He's written 2 articles, one on how the Seahawks win and one on how the Patriots can win. I don't know why, but I agree with the Seahawks one :stirthepot:

Both are a pretty good read though.

Seahawks:
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000465992/article/why-the-seahawks-will-win[/urltargetblank]

Patriots:
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000465807/article/why-the-patriots-will-win[/urltargetblank]

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Seems like some reaches in the Pats reasons.
Blount is not the type of back that gives Seattle many problems.
Strong secondaries get broken down when Wilson buys time. I have said for a while now that Wilson is effected little by the strengths of opposing CBs
Its not like he is Hassleback and throwing darts to tightly covered WRs in which the CB play is a big factor. At least I hope they don't make Wilson try these passes again sunday.

If the Pats win its because
a) Hawks turn the ball over and Brady controls the clock with a nice balance of running/passing plays.
b) Hawks turn Wilson into a statue and do not move him around and he doesn't get free for runs, letting the Pats keep it close and maybe stunning us with a last second drive.
c) A major injury to a Seahawk key player.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Gregg is a Pats fan and the most painful guy to listen to on the Around the NFL podcast.

Other guys aren't so bad.

kearly

Reaction score
If Pats win it will be because they stay on the field with an insane 3rd and 4th down conversion rate. If they fail on those downs it is almost impossible for them to beat Seattle with their dink and dunk offense.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
kearly":2oetiqmq said:
If Pats win it will be because they stay on the field with an insane 3rd and 4th down conversion rate. If they fail on those downs it is almost impossible for them to beat Seattle with their dink and dunk offense.

Congratulations to you for having 12 000 posts! :D You are an amazing poster that me and many others enjoy a ton every time you decide to hit the keyboard. question is, will you hold off on posting now just to not ruin that perfect number? I hope not! :thirishdrinkers:

LTH

Reaction score
Jacknut16":15eh9xed said:
Seems like some reaches in the Pats reasons.
Blount is not the type of back that gives Seattle many problems.
Strong secondaries get broken down when Wilson buys time. I have said for a while now that Wilson is effected little by the strengths of opposing CBs
Its not like he is Hassleback and throwing darts to tightly covered WRs in which the CB play is a big factor. At least I hope they don't make Wilson try these passes again sunday.

a) Hawks turn the ball over and Brady controls the clock with a nice balance of running/passing plays.
b) Hawks turn Wilson into a statue and do not move him around and he doesn't get free for runs, letting the Pats keep it close and maybe stunning us with a last second drive.

Seattle almost lost to GB... The reason they almost lost was their own fault.... It was because they didnt exicute the things that they control.... Its as simple as that...Penalties.... dropped passes stuff like that... GB is irrelevant to the Hawks and so is NE...

I listen to the national media all this over anyalis and match ups propaganda but it just boils down to which teams exicute their game plans and exicute the things they control...

Just my take...

LTH

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Jacknut16":2z18smcx said:

a & b are unlikely to have an effect because of one reason. Rain and wind are completely removed from the equation. Regarding c, stop bringing that up. It's bad juju :177692: