No Backing Down When It Comes To Lynch and Blount

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/There%E2%80%99s-no-backing-down-when-it-comes-to-Marshawn-Lynch-and-LeGarrette-Blount/34bb0b5d-76e5-43d0-a77d-b67076f5fbe8[/urltargetblank]

In the battle of backs in Super Bowl XLIX, Marshawn Lynch is the smaller of the two, but runs so much bigger; while LeGarrette Blount is the bigger of the two, but has the moves of a smaller back.

“That’s a good assessment,” said Kevin Williams.

And Williams should know. The veteran defensive tackle is in his first season with the Seahawks, so he faced now-teammate Lynch as well as the well-traveled Blount during his Pro Bowl days with the Minnesota Vikings.

B8nuY FCUAAdxWC

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Blount is a tough back, but I can't remember the last time a bigger thumping type back ran on the Hawks.

The only backs that have given the Hawks D trouble is elite backs like Murray and Charles, who are slashers that can get to the 2nd level very quickly and make people miss............also backs that play behind run 1st teams with above average to great O-lines.

Blount is not this, and neither is the Pat's O-line.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
How does Blount have 35lbs on Lynch? I can never believe Lynch is 215, he's built like a linebacker. Must have zero body fat.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":27x66b4u said:
How does Blount have 35lbs on Lynch? I can never believe Lynch is 215, he's built like a linebacker. Must have zero body fat.

Lynch has quite a bit of body fat.

Weight, body composition, cross sectional muscle area, and performance aren't always reasonably proportional.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I've watched LGB for years, I'll be surprised if he even hits 50 yds this week. Against D like ours, he has a very hard time getting going, if our guys hit him early in his runs he's not the type to break those tackles. He also is very slow the first few yards, which will allow our speedy D to stuff him. Where he's dangerous, is once he gets a head of steam going and he gets into the secondary and runs over smaller DB. Again we don't have db he can run over, or who are scarred to bang with hi if it comes to that.

Smellyman

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1mhaelqq said:

Lynch is not 215. He has been listed 215 since the combine. He is bigger than that now.......just looking at video then and now you can tell. Also, he looked big next to Gronk, granted he had baggy clothes on.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I'm tired of all this talk about Blount. Someone needs to tell the media that Blount won't be facing the Colts' D again this week. What else has he done this year?

Hawks46

Reaction score
As long as we tackle well, I'm not too worried about Blount. I'm more worried about that Pats OL opening holes for Blount to get to the 2nd level.

Blount doesn't have great burst. It takes him a few steps to get up to full speed. If they first defender that gets there either gets him down or holds him up for the next guy, we're going to be in good shape. It would also be nice to create a couple of fumbles.

No way is Lynch 215. That was his combine weight, and look at him in Buffalo compared to looking at him now. HUGE different, I'd put Lynch at 225, maybe 230.

Oh, by the way, Vince Wilfork is listed at 330 lbs. Anyone believe that ?

kearly

Reaction score
Eddy Lacy is 229 and he looks like a fatass compared to Lynch. Lynch has a lot of upper body size but seems trim. 215 seems low but when you watch him move it suddenly seems like a believable number.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marshawn lost a bunch of weight before the season. He's probably around 225-230 lbs right now. Whereas last season, he was closer to 240 lbs.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
kearly":3vu53y15 said:
Eddy Lacy is 229 and he looks like a fatass compared to Lynch. Lynch has a lot of upper body size but seems trim. 215 seems low but when you watch him move it suddenly seems like a believable number.
While I get your point, for me it just begs the question of when Lacy last stepped on a scale.

Rob12

Reaction score
I'd guess Lynch is around 230-35. Not as big as Jonathan Stewart, but not that far off, either. I'd guess Stewart is around 245-50.

ExpatPack

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33nbyq6v said:
Blount is a tough back, but I can't remember the last time a bigger thumping type back ran on the Hawks.

The only backs that have given the Hawks D trouble is elite backs like Murray and Charles, who are slashers that can get to the 2nd level very quickly and make people miss............also backs that play behind run 1st teams with above average to great O-lines.

Eddie Lacy? He's not a slasher. The only time the Seahawks stopped him was on the last couple of drives when everybody and their mother knew the Packers were going to run the ball.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ExpatPack":1x5ibczt said:
Sgt. Largent":1x5ibczt said:

Eddie Lacy? He's not a slasher. The only time the Seahawks stopped him was on the last couple of drives when everybody and their mother knew the Packers were going to run the ball.

Lacy ran for 3.5 yards per carry in the last game and 2.8 yards per carry in the first game. Other than a couple carries, I think they did a good job corralling him in both games.