Pete's press conference

kidhawk

Reaction score
On NFL network with bill combined. I can't get to a computer right now so can't give a recap

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Pete was asked about Sherman and the baby. He said it's Sherman's decision whether or not to play, but he's looking forward to meeting Little Petey.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Was PC asked about the officials' "ineligible" hand signals? It would appear that he was misinformed yesterday.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":3ro3g5bs said:
Was PC asked about the officials' "ineligible" hand signals? It would appear that he was misinformed yesterday.

Just asked. Belicheck blew off the question; Carroll put it on his guys to know their assignments. ( Bit of a paraphrase. )

Next question was about process between this Super Bowl and last. Pete said they feel like they're in the same place today as last year.

Talked about Paul Allen as an owner and praised his desire to help the Seattle area.

On attribute of Belicheck that Pete would like: winning team culture over the decade and the consistency of the coaching staff. As well as the placement of numerous Patriot's coaches around the league. Belicheck mentioned the Seahawk's game intensity throughout the game.

About non-first round QBs, Belicheck: Brady is diligent about improving weaknesses. Carroll: Huge contrast in athletes and shows no perfect model for QBs. Finishing matters more than starting. Both are statements to the importance of character.

On Kraft: Pete is grateful for lessons at NE and the kick to USC.

Growth of international game: Bill enjoyed time at Wembley. Pete doesn't have much experience with it. Knows there is a big league following and other countries want to share in football.

On feeling in game concerning close games and big decisions: Pete focuses on finishing and the pride of competing. Don't let the moment be too big; do what you have always done. Bill stated that Seahawks play great situational football. His focus is on practice and preparation in every aspect. Unforeseen problems on him.

One thing to establish early: Bill said lead; Pete wants to focus on information until they know what's happening.

Final points of emphasis: Bill boils it down to finding target in information overload. Pete wants players to trust in preparation.

End conference. Missed some of the first half so if anyone can fill in, I would appreciate it

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":gqqvozlq said:
Our Man in Chicago":gqqvozlq said:

Just asked. Belicheck blew off the question; Carroll put it on his guys to know their assignments. ( Bit of a paraphrase. )

Next question was about process between this Super Bowl and last. Pete said they feel like they're in the same place today as last year.

Talked about Paul Allen as an owner and praised his desire to help the Seattle area.

On attribute of Belicheck that Pete would like: winning team culture over the decade and the consistency of the coaching staff. As well as the placement of numerous Patriot's coaches around the league. Belicheck mentioned the Seahawk's game intensity throughout the game.

About non-first round QBs, Belicheck: Brady is diligent about improving weaknesses. Carroll: Huge contrast in athletes and shows no perfect model for QBs. Finishing matters more than starting. Both are statements to the importance of character.

On Kraft: Pete is grateful for lessons at NE and the kick to USC.

Growth of international game: Bill enjoyed time at Wembley. Pete doesn't have much experience with it. Knows there is a big league following and other countries want to share in football.

On feeling in game concerning close games and big decisions: Pete focuses on finishing and the pride of competing. Don't let the moment be too big; do what you have always done. Bill stated that Seahawks play great situational football. His focus is on practice and preparation in every aspect. Unforeseen problems on him.

One thing to establish early: Bill said lead; Pete wants to focus on information until they know what's happening.

Final points of emphasis: Bill boils it down to finding target in information overload. Pete wants players to trust in preparation.

End conference. Missed some of the first half so if anyone can fill in, I would appreciate it

Thanks for recapping this for me. I was getting ready for work and couldn't watch. I did hit record on the dvr though and will watch it shortly.

If it gets posted anywhere, I'll add the video here later.

This was the last official availability to the media for both teams. It's now time to get yourself into Game Day Mode

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Haven't seen the whole thing anywhere, but here's a best of video for this conference

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Best-of-Super-Bowl-coaches-press-conference/0d547933-0d40-4b05-903e-a69746552ac4[/urltargetblank]