What should we nickname the 2015 NFC Championship Game?

What should we nickname the 2015 NFC Championship Game?

• Rain City Resurrection

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • NFC Championship

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Rain City Redemption

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Speechless in Seattle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Finish

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Im-possi-bowl

• The Comeback

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • The Kearse of Death

• Rain City Miracle

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Reverse the Kearse

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
There was another thread where numerous people weighed in with what they thought we should nickname the 2015 NFC Championship game comeback against Green Bay. I thought that after reading the thread that it might be fun to take the most popular suggestions that were made and make a poll.

Now, I could only put 10 in the poll, so I've put up ones which were most popular, but had to make some executive decisions and cut out some that were similar variations of the same thing (ie. "Improbowl" was close to "Im-possi-bowl" but I could only pick one), although I did keep both "Rain City Resurrection" and "Rain City Redemption" as they were both very popular.

Furthermore, I took out choices that were disparaging to the opponent (ie. "Fail Dairy", or "Discount Double Choke"...even though some of them were popular and had a catchy ring to it!!) as well as took out some popular variations that have already been used in other famous games (ie. "the Immaculate Redemption")

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Seattle's Last Win.

Sorry folks, it's official, I'm going with Patriots. Good luck to you all, but Patriots are going to finish the mission.

OP
OP
V

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
furi0usbee":1uml6xwc said:
Seattle's Last Win.

Sorry folks, it's official, I'm going with Patriots. Good luck to you all, but Patriots are going to finish the mission.

I thought of putting up "The Real Super Bowl", but figured I'd be classier than you Pat's trolls!

evergreen

Reaction score
Sorry, it's "The Miracle. " You don't get a bunch of words. Simple is better. The Tip, Beastquake, The Double, Tony Romo. Two words. That's it.
Although I like Discount Double Choke!!!!

taco40

Reaction score
Tempted to use the Kearse play on words, but the finish by the entire team was such that a more general name seems to fit better. LOB, or love our brothers would have fit well since we had two main guys playing on broken axles and still performing for each other, and keeping the opponent out of the end zone all but once. It was still the defense that won that championship.

OP
OP
V

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
evergreen":1qgfmecg said:
Sorry, it's "The Miracle. " You don't get a bunch of words. Simple is better. The Tip, Beastquake, The Double, Tony Romo. Two words. That's it.
Although I like Discount Double Choke!!!!

Is it just me or isn't "Miracle" already used a lot (and seems a bit cliché) when it comes to football and sports in general? There's already the Music City Miracle, The Miracle in the Meadowlands, a whole assortment of college games, and of course in hockey there's also The Miracle on Ice?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
god does anyone else hate the "rain city" ones? I want to role my eyes when I see those

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":232a7h3q said:
god does anyone else hate the "rain city" ones? I want to role my eyes when I see those

I cringe when I see "miracle'. How many "miracles" have we seen in the history of Pro Sports?

The Miracle on Ice ... the Music City Miracle ... the Monday Night Miracle ... Miracle at the Meadowlands ... the Miracle at Michigan ... (and we could go on).

It's been done before -- time and time again. It's old and it's unoriginal.

Conversely, there have been NO "Resurrection" games in the history of Pro Sports to my knowledge. And I don't know if I can find a more fitting description. This Seahawks team was DEAD. The Seahawks epitaph had already been written ... their body laid in the tomb ... and the stone rolled firmly in to place. A Resurrection is precisely what we all saw, as this team rose from the dead in glory and power for the whole world to see during the last 5 minutes of that game.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":n4sv9yw2 said:
therealjohncarlson":n4sv9yw2 said:

I cringe when I see "miracle'. How many "miracles" have we seen in the history of Pro Sports?

The Miracle on Ice ... the Music City Miracle ... the Monday Night Miracle ... Miracle at the Meadowlands ... the Miracle at Michigan ... (and we could go on).

It's been done before -- time and time again. It's old and it's unoriginal.

Conversely, there have been NO "Resurrection" games in the history of Pro Sports to my knowledge. And I don't know if I can find a more fitting description. This Seahawks team was DEAD. The Seahawks epitaph had already been written ... their body laid in the tomb ... and the stone rolled firmly in to place. A Resurrection is precisely what we all saw, as this team rose from the dead in glory and power for the whole world to see during the last 5 minutes of that game.

Other people may have thought we were dead in the water, but the players didn't and neither did the fans who truly believed in the competitive spirit of this team. They knew they were going to win all along.

That's why I now prefer The Comeback. It's simple and to the point, as this game was easily one of the greatest comeback stories in NFL history. I also like it because it honors the persistence and determination of the team to come back and win that game in dramatic fashion.

Latest posts