One Mission (Article by Russell Wilson

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.theplayerstribune.com/one-mission/[/urltargetblank]

When we were down against Green Bay in the fourth quarter in the NFC Championship Game, it seemed like everything that could go wrong had gone wrong. Personally, I was having one of my worst games of my career. But after every single throw — whether it was a tipped ball or an incompletion or a touchdown — I’d turn back toward the huddle, close my eyes and think of a table in an empty room. On that table was a big red RESET button, just like in the movies. I’d imagine pressing the button. Boom. On to the next one. What’s the situation now? How can I make a play?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Incredible read. Thanks for sharing.

Russell is a really good writer too!!

Ambrose83

Reaction score
great read.. thank god RW is on our side.. IMO he is going to rewrite plenty of records before he is done.

hawk35fan

Reaction score
Cool article! I really like reading about the mindset of an intelligent QB during a struggle for victory.

sc85sis

Reaction score
One of the most valuable traits a QB can have is amnesia when a play goes poorly, and Russell has that trait in spades.

Jville

Reaction score
Good read ..... thanks for posting.

Saw the following tweet earlier.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/560257155698159616[/tweet]

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Jville":1r9tvj33 said:
Good read ..... thanks for posting.

Saw the following tweet earlier.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/560257155698159616[/tweet]

He's got the Michael Jordan like desire to be great.

byau

Reaction score
*THAT* is some really good reading. And a very interesting point at the end too I hadn't thought of... hitting the reset button not only when you're down, but also when you're up. That's really insightful.

Dwelling on past mistakes will hold you back. Dwelling on your past achievements will also hold you back

Man I love this QB and this team.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Wow great article. I hope Im not the only one that instantly thought of this when he was talking about a reset button.. :mrgreen:

Easy20button

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
"Every time I went to the sideline after a series, a teammate would come up to me and look me in my eyes and say, “One Mission, Russ (play for each other).”

That quote is just all kinds of awesome to me. More of a collective than just leaning on one guy.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
After his career is over, it would be an easy transition for him to become a coach (QBs, OC, HC). He's a natural leader, has a voracious appetite for devouring game film instead of sleeping, and has the killer instinct that all great coaches need.