Uniform history.

pmedic920

Reaction score

Crizilla

Reaction score
i cant remember...when did the seahawks wear greys this year? also i hope they wear grey top with blue pants sometime....never been done

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Crizilla":1w66rzt6 said:
i cant remember...when did the seahawks wear greys this year? also i hope they wear grey top with blue pants sometime....never been done

I think at Carolina and at SF. Could be crazy.

I know we wore them twice.

Yep, we have never worn the grey on blue, grey on white or blue on white in the new style unis.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Great site
can someone tell me why, again WHY??

in the current unis, WHY wear white tops with grey pants

#1 ...they have yet to win in that combo
#2 ...there is no grey in the white Jersey so I never understood this combo

I hope they drop this one next season

Seanhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":334xu0iw said:
Great site
can someone tell me why, again WHY??

in the current unis, WHY wear white tops with grey pants

#1 ...they have yet to win in that combo
#2 ...there is no grey in the white Jersey so I never understood this combo

I hope they drop this one next season

Actually, for me, they were wearing that combo when I realized I really liked the new uniforms. It was the pre-season game against KC.

seabowl

Reaction score
I don't see anywhere mentioned where the 84/85 jerseys were very wides meshed. I still have my Krieg jersey from that era and remember that you could see the players pads through the front and back of the jersey. I really liked that one too.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2uqfpjgt said:
still partial to the 1983-2001 uniforms.

I've always wanted to see the modern Hawk head on those jerseys/colors. I think that would be my absolute favorite.

And the 02-11 Reebok uniforms can DIAF.

ETA: also thank for to the page author for the source material on my sig line.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
This is a cool chart.
1a1d0547a4be248ac1c08ee2322f5bfe.jpg

NYCoug

Reaction score
The most important bit of Seahawks uniform history, is that in 1990 wore away jerseys made by Wilson, with the pants provided by Russell. This prophecy, when Russell Wilson was just 2 years old, foretold the greatness that lie in the Seahawks and their fans' future. We just had to wait and suffer for 24 more years. No biggie.

dunceface

Reaction score
NYCoug":29ywa2et said:
The most important bit of Seahawks uniform history, is that in 1990 wore away jerseys made by Wilson, with the pants provided by Russell. This prophecy, when Russell Wilson was just 2 years old, foretold the greatness that lie in the Seahawks and their fans' future. We just had to wait and suffer for 24 more years. No biggie.

24 year wait divided by 2 year old Wilson = 12 Superb Owls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TANZANIA HAS SPOKEN!!!!!!!!

crosfam

Reaction score
Love the new uniforms, though I do miss the classics from the Chuck Knox era. I predict a return to some sort of silver and blue someday. Really miss the Seahawk on the sleeve, but we hardly have sleeves anymore. The current look is cool, but will get dated in a decade or so. Will always bring back good memories though.

Uniform observations:
Think the Steelers decision to wear white jinxed us in SBXL.
I do wish we would save blue on blue for a few big home games a year.
Wear white pants for first 4 games of the year, then gray for the next four, then blue at the end (maybe). As the weather changes from hot to cold.
Overall, I think the gray pants look best home and away.
Wish we would have worn white pants at home with the gunmetal blue jerseys pre-2012. Like we were originally supposed too.
I have a green jersey. Interesting conversation piece, but those were ugly, just like the old Navy blue pants with gunmetal blue jerseys.
Love the all gray - should break them out at home once and a while.
Should have lime green socks - like TB when they wear orange socks.
think we should on-off and war the white pants in SBXLIV. With lime green socks!

dunceface

Reaction score
crosfam":3sobp2uh said:
Love the new uniforms, though I do miss the classics from the Chuck Knox era. I predict a return to some sort of silver and blue someday. Really miss the Seahawk on the sleeve, but we hardly have sleeves anymore. The current look is cool, but will get dated in a decade or so. Will always bring back good memories though.

Uniform observations:
Think the Steelers decision to wear white jinxed us in SBXL.
I do wish we would save blue on blue for a few big home games a year.
Wear white pants for first 4 games of the year, then gray for the next four, then blue at the end (maybe). As the weather changes from hot to cold.
Overall, I think the gray pants look best home and away.
Wish we would have worn white pants at home with the gunmetal blue jerseys pre-2012. Like we were originally supposed too.
I have a green jersey. Interesting conversation piece, but those were ugly, just like the old Navy blue pants with gunmetal blue jerseys.
Love the all gray - should break them out at home once and a while.
Should have lime green socks - like TB when they wear orange socks.
think we should on-off and war the white pants in SBXLIV. With lime green socks!

well you are absolutely entitled to your opinion...

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I bought the first generation Jersey in a Philadelphia NFL store back in 1980. But that was 60 lbs ago so my niece is wearing it now. The worse uniforms were those grayish blue uniforms from a few years ago because on TV they looked gray. Very ugly. I like todays uniforms the best with just the right amount of the lime green, and I love the darker blue helmets.

Latest posts