Sherman: Goodell and Robert Kraft too cosy ...

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Richard Sherman was asked if the Pats will be punished. He said he didn't believe so, because the Pats owner (Robert Kraft) and Roger Goodell were seen taking pictures at Krafts house last week (AFCCC).

Sounds like more footage for the Media ... and another soundbite for the talking heads .

But the underlying message to me is ... The NFL has picked their side in this match-up.
The Hawks will be playing against the Pats and against the NFL....

Go Hawks !!!

TBtoRG

Reaction score
That's why they were punished in 2007 for something that every other team was doing and provided no advantage, right?

Can't expect any intelligence from a communications major though.

Geologic

Reaction score
^ Imagine being this salty about your team getting caught cheating

Rex

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2wnx7v0v said:
Richard Sherman was asked if the Pats will be punished. He said he didn't believe so, because the Pats owner (Robert Kraft) and Roger Goodell were seen taking pictures at Krafts house last week (AFCCC).

Sounds like more footage for the Media ... and another soundbite for the talking heads .

But the underlying message to me is ... The NFL has picked their side in this match-up.
The Hawks will be playing against the Pats and against the NFL....

Go Hawks !!!

Exactly what happened in XXXVI to the Rams. Cheatriots had the NFL on their side.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He isn't wrong. It is a conflict of interest. I know, Pats fans will point to spygate, but Roger got rid of the embarrassing evidence. Went easy on Irsay just this year. He is too cozy with owners.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sherman calling it like it is...It is refreshing to see athletes who don't dodge questions and answer them honestly! He is damn right too! Now Roger will send the refs after him for punishment...you wait

ManBunts

Reaction score
I don't think there's a conspiracy, but I think Richard has a valid point in that Goodell and the NFL are horrible at appearing impartial. It's one thing to sit in a team's box at a game ( it would not have surprised me to see Goodell in the Patriot's box, or any other team's), but to be at an owner's home, night of the game, even if you are friends, isn't a smart move. Tack on the threats for escalating fines and ejections against Lynch, and the fact that truly nobody will be punished for deflategate (which isn't an issue that contributed to the Colts' loss, but IS an issue in that clearly something happened that was against the rules), it's not hard to see why some people think the Seahawks are fighting a battle on more fronts than just the field

Foghawk

Reaction score
TBtoRG":36dv64zi said:
That's why they were punished in 2007 for something that every other team was doing and provided no advantage, right?

Sherm is pretty intelligent when it comes to cerebral chess, you've clearly already lost.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
TBtoRG":1gou80uv said:

Are you mad cause you went to Boston Community College?

LolaRox

Reaction score
I respect that Richard says what he feels/thinks. I bet lots of other players thought the same thing after seeing that picture, but few would ever publicly say anything about it.

Even if there is no 'grand conspiracy' it just doesn't look right and the way things look matters.

Unless Jim Irsay was also at that party there is no way Roger should have been there the night before the AFC championship game. #justsaying

Scottemojo

Reaction score
LolaRox":231bbzcb said:
I respect that Richard says what he feels/thinks. I bet lots of other players thought the same thing after seeing that picture, but few would ever publicly say anything about it.

Even if there is no 'grand conspiracy' it just doesn't look right and the way things look matters.

Unless Jim Irsay was also at that party there is no way Roger should have been there the night before the AFC championship game. #justsaying
Partying with Irsay would be hella fun too.

TBtoRG

Reaction score
Paul Allen is a major shareholder in Microsoft who have a huge contract with the NFL. Conflict of interest?

chris98251

Reaction score
TBtoRG":18sn7ww4 said:
Paul Allen is a major shareholder in Microsoft who have a huge contract with the NFL. Conflict of interest?

Is Goodell taking pictures at his house with him the night before a championship game and then having the league levi fines against us at a level beyond the rest of the league as well.

Try again Junior.

Also Allen is not involved in the operations of Microsoft and their business practices or clients.

pmedic920

Reaction score
TBtoRG":3k06a7r6 said:

You have mail, if you value your membership here, I suggest you check it.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
TBtoRG":3c88nrm7 said:

No, but thats why all evidence was destroyed as soon as the"investigation" was "wrapped up".

chris98251

Reaction score
With all the situations this year and under Goodells watch I would think that there has to be a limit to the level of embarrassing stories and lack of oversight being done under his watch. Can the owners continue to use this puppet and maintain any level of league credibility? Irsay, Jerry Jones, the Competition committee, the officials, and the players and Union situations all blowing up

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2z1eoqg4 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BSO/status/559483290395353088[/tweet]

Is it just me or does Goodell look like he wet himself in that picture?

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2relgtyw said:
TBtoRG":2relgtyw said:

No, but thats why all evidence was destroyed as soon as the"investigation" was "wrapped up".
This^^^ Anyone know why the evidence was destroyed?? I know the eX-GM of the Panthers thinks their was evidence that proved the Pats cheated against the Panthers in their SB, but no proof because all the evidence was destroyed. Seriously, why destroy it?

Go Hawks!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Timberhawk":9xbgss0y said:
Natethegreat":9xbgss0y said:
TBtoRG":9xbgss0y said:

This^^^ Anyone know why the evidence was destroyed?? I know the eX-GM of the Panthers thinks their was evidence that proved the Pats cheated against the Panthers in their SB, but no proof because all the evidence was destroyed. Seriously, why destroy it?

Go Hawks!
I think Richard fully explained why it was destroyed.

Latest posts